Patch 1.1 - Rise of the Rakghouls Trailer

SargerusIII

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big zombie fan but this doesn't look that great. If they had to have space zombies they should have at least had interesting ones, like Dead Space's Necromorphs. Rakghouls are boring.

The thing is, they're not just trying to add "space zombies" to appeal to zombie fans. Rakghouls are already in Star Wars lore, specifically KOTOR lore. Which is why they chose Rakghouls. Also, they're technically infected people and not actually zombies. Zombie implies that they're undead, but people don't have to die to get this disease, they're very much alive.

Edited by DarrkLore

Meh rakghouls were already in the game, doesnt seem like they were making much of a stretch into zombies to be honest.

Sounds good to me, its gonna be a story based flashpoint so it will be another good way to farm social points as well.

Super excited for their plans for the future.

If you havent checked out their interview that came out today on gamespot about 1.1 and future updates check it out now.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/flashpoints-and-fixes-the-old-republic-rise-of-the-rakghouls-6348435/?tag=topslot;thumb;2

I enjoyed the "Death Troopers" book and it's prequel. Would be much better if they added those zombies rather than rakghouls. Those were real zombies while rakghouls are more like semi-sentient animals.

exactly though, i dont understand why people keep saying zombies.

Rakghouls were already in the game, so it makes sense to make an instance about them its not like they are just randomly starting this foray into zombies....

Meh not a big deal though most of the people being cynical are the same people that quit the game and for some reason still decide to hang out in the forums to diss anything positive or new about the game.

Actually, Star Wars forayed into zombies, there was a book that came out called Death Troopers i think, basically Han Solo and chewie escaping a space prison that gets overrun by zombies, SWG incorporated it shortly afterwards....it was unavaoidable.

PS, yes, i read

Also, Red Harvest... mix of star wars and zombie stuff... was a good read.

Sounds good to me, its gonna be a story based flashpoint so it will be another good way to farm social points as well.

Super excited for their plans for the future.

If you havent checked out their interview that came out today on gamespot about 1.1 and future updates check it out now.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/flashpoints-and-fixes-the-old-republic-rise-of-the-rakghouls-6348435/?tag=topslot;thumb;2

Same here. People complain about everything here lol. At least they're actually working to add content to the game. This can't be anything but good news for us. I'm just glad to see them add another story focused Flashpoint because I've been disappointed that most of the flashpoints have been lacking that. I can't wait to see what this game is gonna look like a year down the road...

Game has been out for almost one month. One month and they're already releasing trailers for new content. AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!

To those of you that are saying that it's lame, and that there is no creativity, I ask that you please leave. If you're going to complain about a gaming company giving us content, giving us more options, and taking the time to give us trailers so early into a game's life cycle, then just leave ... please. There is nothing here for you.

The thing is, they're not just trying to add "space zombies" to appeal to zombie fans. Rakghouls are already in Star Wars lore, specifically KOTOR lore. Which is why they chose Rakghouls. Also, they're technically infected people and not actually zombies. Zombie implies that they're undead, but people don't have to die to get this disease, they're very much alive.

I know Rakghouls are part of Star Wars lore, it's just that I've always hated them. They were incredibly annoying in Kotor.

I've actually always thought of zombie as a state of being, rather then just meaning undead.

I know Rakghouls are part of Star Wars lore, it's just that I've always hated them. They were incredibly annoying in Kotor.

I've actually always thought of zombie as a state of being, rather then just meaning undead.

Yeah they were pretty annoying in KOTOR. Buuut this is a whole new ball game. And considering it's going to be a "story based" flashpoint, I bet it'll be a pretty darn good one.

Same here. People complain about everything here lol. At least they're actually working to add content to the game. This can't be anything but good news for us. I'm just glad to see them add another story focused Flashpoint because I've been disappointed that most of the flashpoints have been lacking that. I can't wait to see what this game is gonna look like a year down the road...

Those people would complain at their mother's funeral.

They are self centered attention hounds.

This content was in the works before the game released, guaranteed.

Many are under the assumption that this is what they have been working on and not fixes.

Different sub categories within a department.

There is a team dedicated to expansions, and a team dedicated to fixing their bugs.

But you cannot reason with those people, they are blind zealots on a mission more or less.

Edited by Fraxture

Yea this is what im trying to say. Its not actually zombies, and it make sense since its already in the lore of this game and their past games.

People who quit will be negative about anything though to help justify why they quit, and sadly a majority of people who hang out in the forums are the quitters the rest of us are busy playing.

Im really excited about this patch, any new story based flashpoint is okay in my books, i love esseles, and their hasnt been too many story based ones since then (im lvl 48) except maelstrom. So its a welcome edition.

Not to mention pretty much a whole new operations, with hard and nightmare modes, this will keep most people busy even beyond march when their next content update comes.

Oh and im really impressed with the frequency they want to release content in, content update every 2 months is a hell of alot better than wow, they only really release three major content updates per expansion (or roughly 2 years)

They do have minor ones as well 2.25 or something, but its still at alot higher of a frequency, they are taking more after rift in terms of churning out content , then they are of wow (even blizz admitted they release content too slow at the moment) it shouldnt be a standard.

Yeah they were pretty annoying in KOTOR. Buuut this is a whole new ball game. And considering it's going to be a "story based" flashpoint, I bet it'll be a pretty darn good one.

I couldn't agree more. Stuff like this really makes me optimistic about the future. This looks to be an amazing flashpoint with story. I'm extremely excited to see it live.

Good article. The only thing that concerns me is: "And then every single update after that will have in addiiton to new content, new game systems."

That seems like a pretty hefty promise... I wonder if they can actually fulfill that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.