Stephen Reid/@Rockjaw: Your EGA tears are not real issues

Mazinger-Zetto

The customer is a jerk.

They will try every tactic in the book to make you give them something for free. There once was a time when customers used to be nice and civil and honestly, you would bend over backwards to help them out. But those days are gone. Theyre just too familiar with the idea that if you moan loud and hard enough people will either snap (in which case youll get free stuff), or theyll just try and shuffle you out of the shop so they can do their proper job (in which case youll get free stuff). The only downside is you have to completely dehumanise the person youre talking to in the process. But what they hey! its free stuff!!!

Im so glad this thread exists. I was confused upon waking to find that someone had secretly switched out my beloved QQ forums for some forum about a hamster wheel in space! it made for a tedious day at work. At least this thread has concentrated QQ from people pretending to be butt hurt about an innocuous statement by a dude basically saying "do you mind, im trying to do my job, but youre clogging up the lines with nonsense!"

Edited by ippollite

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that SR has been a bit condescending on his twitter feed for a while and therefore I no longer have as much respect for him as I did formerly. However, he must get very frustrated with the same questions over and over. But that's twitter. If you don't like it, then don't use twitter.

He's right. You crying about not preordering earlier really isn't a real issue, especially since it's been advertised since the beginning of preorders that it was going to be done this way.

You have only yourself to blame for not getting in during the first days of early access.

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/146967418332397568

Okay, whether you believe he's in the right or not, this is poor community relations. As someone who has worked support, this would have gotten me fired.

Even if you ignore a customer's issues, you never verbally marginalize it. Never.

I think it's excellent community relations. "Relations" aren't about mollifying people, after all. The fact that someone official pretty much told people to shut up, sit down and be still is both bold and necessary.

He really needs better tact though. Ive worked all levels of customer service and while I agree with him and if someone is moaning they didnt get preorders sooner just say im not answering questions about when you are getting pre-orders as we are assisting people with technincal issues that have access to the game. End of story.

His methods in this regard are only going to flame the fires.

That's a poor way to handle something in a public light on twitter. I'd rather be ignored than talked to like that. Bioware knew what they were getting into when they implented a system like this, I'm sure they expected QQ on this scale, and given that fact, he shouldn't have been so snide to that person. Just bad form is all.

He's just being completely honest in his response. Probably getting quite tired of all the people demanding they be let in.

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/146967418332397568

Okay, whether you believe he's in the right or not, this is poor community relations. As someone who has worked support, this would have gotten me fired.

Even if you ignore a customer's issues, you never verbally marginalize it. Never.

just look at this forum, it is spammed by people that cry cause they cant get in.

I would agree with you if it was maybe 10-20% of his mail that was about this , but this poor guy probably have 10 people whining they want to get infor each person with a real issue.

Edited by boobaffet

I personally dont care too much cause it is finals week then im going to be out of town till the 18th anyway. However i think the problem for the people that are complaining lies in the overall idea of this launch. Essentially we all put down 5 dollars that is to go towards the 60 we pay for the full game.

Well everyone payed 60 got the game and 30 days access. The problem lies in those who get an extra 3 or so days more then others who payed the same amount. I can see how this could be perceived as unfair. We all preordered to get ega, the item, the game and the 30 days with it. We all pay the same but dont get the same.

This is the gist of what i'm getting from all the threads at least. I'll admit i was confused about the staggered launch too, i thought it would just roll all day and some of the next until everyone was in.

Im not amazed that whiners are using it as ammunition for their own little vested interests. But i am a little surprised that his defenders are suggesting he said something outrageous. He basically told a LOT of people (indirectly) that he GETS IT! they want in to the game, thats nice, hes been reading all the mails, but would they mind... hes also trying to deal with other people with ACTUAL problems.

For instance, my best mate is routinely phoning up UK CS to get his account unlocked. After hours on hold with the same stupid tune he gets disconnected. This is ridiculous and genuinely an issue that needs to be resolved.

"Even though i have understood since day 1 how EGA would go down, i still dont like it and demand you change it!" ISNT a genuine issue.

Does anyone know how many people post on his twitter feed in a 24 hour sitting? I can only imagine the numbers are utterly absurd. And i can only imagine a great deal of it is taken up by people moaning about access... something hes made many many comments about both on his feed AND in these forums. Indeed, he made a massive post yesterday not only explaining that they have a plan, but also providing reasons why they were doing it that way. And yet people still nip at him about it. To the point indeed that it was getting in the way of his actual job.

The tears being shed for EGA remind me of a 5 year old holding his breath because he isnt getting his way.

Here's to hoping at least a few of those hold their breath just a tiny bit too long. The gaming gene pool could use a little cleaning.

Here's to hoping at least a few of those hold their breath just a tiny bit too long. The gaming gene pool could use a little cleaning.

You know, you're right, it could, of all the trolls.

Your righteous stance and mockery of everyone who complains only makes you, in the end, as bad as they.

It's not exactly mature to insult, belittle, mock, slander others you don't agree with.

See you do it like this...

I do not agree with you, I don't agree with your opinion, but it's your opinion, I cannot judge you as I have been there myself.

*Walks away*

Yes, your belly aching and moaning because you did not get into EGA, even though you KNEW that they would only let you in based on when you redeemed your code. Really is a non-issue.

I do not envy Mr. Reid's position but I do respect him for maintaining it for as long as he has. I can barely stand to deal with two customers in one day without wanting to cause them physical harm. I have no idea how he handles millions of potential customers.

Customers are whiny, clingy, needy, people who will never ever be grateful for anything.

He had every right to say that. They are doing a hell og a job and so many are just ************ like little babies. Really starting to even piss me off seeing all the threads and messages about how people demand to be let in. I can't imagine being in biowares shoes knowing you did so much for the community and delivered a great product and all they see is just qqing. Bioware was very clear on how the process would work people just wait for your damn email and then play. Edited by Xzenthal