Stephen Reid/@Rockjaw: Your EGA tears are not real issues

Mazinger-Zetto

"a tweet"? Are you really that naive?

SR is receiving 1,000s and 1,000s of tweets. And the majority of them are asking the same questions over and over and have been answered ad nauseum by BioWare themselves and other people in these forums.

^ Right. People have been tweeting the last two days complaining about not getting into EGA. I was on twitter earlier and some dude was saying his friend pre-ordered in December and he was in and the guy pre-ordered in July or sometime and he didn't get his invite yet. lol. They are nerdraging on twitter like crazy. They have on their :mad: faces. :D

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG you are such a baby. Grow up.

He means it. Stop bugging him. You'll get in when you get in.

It's not that at all. Most humans have a sense of fair play. With words like UP TO and MAY people feel their getting the short end. This world is all about unfairness and to see it extended to a game like this blows people away.

I still feel bioware completely blew it and the Exec's who decided on this staggered launch are white collar noobs with no pulse of the community.

Edited by Dizkazk

Unless you had no idea how it worked. No other MMO I have ever played has done this so why would one think it would be any different. I for one did not know at all. I just bought the game on a whim out of the blue without reading the lauching plan. I did not know it would be discriminatory or I would have saved the extra 20 dollars I spent and bought the 60 dollar version and started playing on the 20th, which I am very likely to have to do anyway. If that happens I am going to very irately talk to Origin about that extra 20 dollars as I will have been gipped.

Umm, hate to break it to ya but you didn't pay $20 for early access. You get a few ingame items that the $60 version doesn't get.

Unless you had no idea how it worked. No other MMO I have ever played has done this so why would one think it would be any different. I for one did not know at all. I just bought the game on a whim out of the blue without reading the lauching plan. I did not know it would be discriminatory or I would have saved the extra 20 dollars I spent and bought the 60 dollar version and started playing on the 20th, which I am very likely to have to do anyway. If that happens I am going to very irately talk to Origin about that extra 20 dollars as I will have been gipped.

Failure to practice due diligence, on the part of the consumer does not equate to getting gypped. It equates ONLY to a failure to practice due diligence, on the part of the consumer.

It's not that at all. Most humans have a sense of fair play. With words like UP TO and MAY people feel their getting the short end. This world is all about unfairness and to see it extended to a game like this blows people away.

I still feel bioware completely blew it and the Exec's who decided on this staggered launch are white collar noobs with no pulse of the community.

You want to know what's fair? Game companies do Pre-orders to begin with to allow them to judge interest in the game and make sure they have enough product on launch. The sooner they know, the less money they waist rushing at the end by under anticipating demand, or waist with too much product for over anticipated demand.

In short. Those of us who pre-ordered months ago actually provided a service to Bioware in determining their pre launch numbers. That, as a matter of fact, is also a service to you late comers because it means they had enough warning to have the servers they needed.

As a result, Bioware is giving the people who ordered earliest, the people who helped them the most, a day or two of extra time. A day or two that will make NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL in two weeks.

No top of that. All this B******* you're doing is preemptive, because the 15th is to-f******-morrow!

You want to know what's fair? Game companies do Pre-orders to begin with to allow them to judge interest in the game and make sure they have enough product on launch. The sooner they know, the less money they waist rushing at the end by under anticipating demand, or waist with too much product for over anticipated demand.

In short. Those of us who pre-ordered months ago actually provided a service to Bioware in determining their pre launch numbers. That, as a matter of fact, is also a service to you late comers because it means they had enough warning to have the servers they needed.

As a result, Bioware is giving the people who ordered earliest, the people who helped them the most, a day or two of extra time. A day or two that will make NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL in two weeks.

No top of that. All this B******* you're doing is preemptive, because the 15th is to-f******-morrow!

true. id hate to be in the house of the whiners on christmas eve night

leave the poor guy alone

he deserves a promotion, if anything

I agree, and I was one of the people that was very angry when the grace periods dissolved.

It wasn't the SR's fault, and a question spammed to his twitter about when you'll get access when he told you he won't answer those questions really isn't an issue. The kind of issues that matter are the people who have been invited that have account errors and can't make it work. That is the kind of problems that are real and on BW's end, not you crying about your entitlement.

Well, all the b******* everyone's doing isn't going to get them in any faster. I read somewhere that a BW employee said they already have 2.5 million players subscribed to the website, that's a lot of people, they let that many people on at once, servers will be unbalanced, there will be kill stealing, crashes, lag, etc. I'd rather wait a few days and have a more enjoyable experienced then to login and it be crashing every five minutes, plus the game will be out by next week anyways. I am just happy we are only a few days away from initial launch! :D

Someone said they can see other video game companies doing this staggered EGA thing in the future. I think that makes sense, because look at the complaints.

RIFT had problems with lag, server overload, servers crashing.

AION had problems with lag, server overload, servers crashing.

WoW had problems with lag, server overload, servers crashing.

SW:ToR has problems with QQ on the forum because people want to play earlier than they were promised.

I think it's easy to pick which of those 4 examples is the best. Even if you say it's a customer service fail, that just means that future game releases will tell you some kind of rough schedule of when you'll get early access. Maybe they'll just say it's based on your sign-up time with everyone being in by the early access date. Maybe they'll give you a schedule or even a number in line.

No matter how you look at it, get used to it because staggered EGA is here to stay because it's not a real issue. Player perception is. So if you smack them in the face with exactly how it'll happen, there's even less room for whining than there is now.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

Okay, whether you believe he's in the right or not, this is poor community relations.

When people are crying as much on these boards about something that BioWare has said all along they would do, no it's not. Honestly I think the guy has the patience of a saint to put up with some of the stuff I've seen over the past couple of days. I certainly don't envy his job.

Edited by Amaranth

patience young padawans. This isn't the end of the world. I haven't gotten in either, am I anxious do play? YOU BET! But it's no one's fault, leave the poor man alone.

I'm sure he's worked very hard and that were any of us in his place getting 15,000,000 tweets saying "Why haven't I got my invite yet?" "I want to PLAY!" you'd be a little short tempered too. Those tweeters ARE in fact distracting him from his job (which is not to respond to whiners on an issue that's already been made clear).

A lot of people are burning our bridges here with the devs. Rampant rudeness and whinning like this can irreparably damage the dev / community relationship for the future. Treat others the way you would want to be treated yourselves.

Oh, and before I forget... WHEN DO I GET MY INVITE EMAIL?!?! ;)

Someone said they can see other video game companies doing this staggered EGA thing in the future. I think that makes sense, because look at the complaints.

RIFT had problems with lag, server overload, servers crashing.

AION had problems with lag, server overload, servers crashing.

WoW had problems with lag, server overload, servers crashing.

SW:ToR has problems with QQ on the forum because people want to play earlier than they were promised.

I think it's easy to pick which of those 4 examples is the best. Even if you say it's a customer service fail, that just means that future game releases will tell you some kind of rough schedule of when you'll get early access. Maybe they'll just say it's based on your sign-up time with everyone being in by the early access date. Maybe they'll give you a schedule or even a number in line.

No matter how you look at it, get used to it because staggered EGA is here to stay!

While I agree that it's a good system with how well it's keeping the servers going, I don't see what they're gonna do on the 20th when all the people who buy at the store log on. It's not like they can say 'Thanks for buying the game! Unfortunately we're not letting anyone else in today, try again tomorrow!' So far it just looks like the overload and lag is just gonna be delayed.

I agree, and I was one of the people that was very angry when the grace periods dissolved.

It wasn't the SR's fault, and a question spammed to his twitter about when you'll get access when he told you he won't answer those questions really isn't an issue. The kind of issues that matter are the people who have been invited that have account errors and can't make it work. That is the kind of problems that are real and on BW's end, not you crying about your entitlement.

Stop being logical and sensible, it isn't the norm around here. Quick, make a post about Bioware eating your children or something before the trolls see you! ;)

While I agree that it's a good system with how well it's keeping the servers going, I don't see what they're gonna do on the 20th when all the people who buy at the store log on. It's not like they can say 'Thanks for buying the game! Unfortunately we're not letting anyone else in today, try again tomorrow!' So far it just looks like the overload and lag is just gonna be delayed.

Well, they've been setting up new servers all the while. So, they're likely using this as something of a gauging period to see how many more they may need.