I cancelled yesterday, but...

RayBanJockey

You cancelled and yet you still go on the forum to whine, wth?

Wow, so very little text in the original post and you still couldn't read it?

I might mostly just be looking for attention with this but I also suspect the following; All the negative talk on these forums have gotten to me and week-minded as I am that was enough to push me over the edge. But in reality, as I obviously want to keep playing, I might actually LIKE the game?

I think it might be the same for many others who have quit up to now.

take up a hobby where you won't rage quit if things don't go your way...

Edit: from your second post it sounds like you were swayed by the negative nellies that inhabit these forums right now... If that's the case, then maybe you need to take up a hobby where no one has a negative opinion of it, or at least no forums for it...

But if you like the game, then why not play it. My review of SW is this...

I like the game, so... I... play the game.

If I no likey, I no playey!

Edited by Meldwyn

This should make you learn about not freaking out when something doesn't please you.

A lot of people need to learn this in these forums, actually.

QFT. Especially as the OP is "at work" he really should be old enough to know better by now.

I canceled December 27th and haven't regretted it at all. As long as people say they're 'happy' with average efforts in game development we will always get average efforts. This game would have been acceptable in 2005 and even then the overly linear, heavily instanced design of the game still would have drawn criticism, but to release this in 2012 and expect positive reviews from a developer such as BioWare? You're kidding.

Stop frequenting the forums. At least you're week minded (I take one day at a time myself) and not weak minded. Honestly half the problems with this game I dont notice until I read about them on the forums usually in posted in a fit of anger. Draw your own conclusions.

Wow, so very little text in the original post and you still couldn't read it?

I might mostly just be looking for attention with this but I also suspect the following; All the negative talk on these forums have gotten to me and week-minded as I am that was enough to push me over the edge. But in reality, as I obviously want to keep playing, I might actually LIKE the game?

I think it might be the same for many others who have quit up to now.

You deserve some respect for such honesty.

But you should also know that most complaining people are here for pure trolling, not having any interest in the game so they're doing it out of boredom from their own life.

Letting oneself being influenced by extreme forum reactions over a game's quality is really the last thing to do, buddy.

Edited by kineticdamage

I canceled December 27th and haven't regretted it at all. As long as people say they're 'happy' with average efforts in game development we will always get average efforts. This game would have been acceptable in 2005 and even then the overly linear, heavily instanced design of the game still would have drawn criticism, but to release this in 2012 and expect positive reviews from a developer such as BioWare? You're kidding.

I like a linear path, don't want to spend huge amount of time getting somewhere, when i don't even know where to go. Sandbox type is fun... Love lineage 2.

But i don't see it working out in the long run.

You baffle me...

I cancelled my WoW account months ago and deleted all my characters before I left. I never once, not even for a second, had the urge to go on the forums and complain, degrade, make snide comments, or insult those who still play the game... or announce that I left and that you should care...

Makes.... NO.... SENSE!!!

And it was back on Dec 27??? yikes... surely there's a game or hobby out there that you like and a forum for it where you can share in a positive way... why on God's green earth are you still here???

QFT. Especially as the OP is "at work" he really should be old enough to know better by now.

I am 35 years old. At this massive age I have learned this: don't waste your time doing stuff you don't really want to do. Giving a half-assed mmo a month extra time from now just to see if it gets better constitutes a waste of time in my book. So logic says I should stay away if I'm so unhappy with it - yet I'm still drawn towards this game in some strange way.

OP please get a live, or grow some balls.

You can't blame others for you quitting the game.

You are playing the game and enjoying it for God sake, it's not like you have to rely on others opinion because you haven't purchased it yet.

It's like when you like a chocolate cake and you stop eating it because your friend told you that it taste disgustive.

It doesn't make any sense.

If you enjoy the game, play it

Lol I cancelled, but no I don't find myself desperately wanting to play, a nagging part of me wants to hit 50 since I'm so close, but the other part realizes how utterly repetitive, linear, and boring this game is, and btw I'm someone with 13 85's in wow, and never got bored once.

You canceled and you're here trolling the forums, whining?

SWTOR hasn't been out a full month, aside from Beta, and you've canceled? You've got to be kidding me. You MUST be one of those people who wants everything their way, right away.

These types of projects take time to flesh out, and sometimes code bugs when something new is introduced. You try writing something even half the scale of this and see if you get every piece of minutae right!

People like you make me glad you leave, so we can take your space on the server.

Go play starfox or something!

Edited by TitoScott

You baffle me...

I cancelled my WoW account months ago and deleted all my characters before I left. I never once, not even for a second, had the urge to go on the forums and complain, degrade, make snide comments, or insult those who still play the game... or announce that I left and that you should care...

And it was back on Dec 27??? yikes... surely there's a game or hobby out there that you like and a forum for it where you can share in a positive way... why on God's green earth are you still here???

Dang u beat me to it lol

Edited by Beeteel

Why dear sir are you still here?

Oh, this is a fun game and I like it but I don't like it enough to pay for it with all the retarded bugs and non-existent customer support. I will wait 3 months until Bioware gets their act together. I'm glad they are patching furiously but this should have been done months ago when people were telling them to fix it on the beta.

I've canceled but will keep playing until my time is up. =)

You baffle me...

Where did I make a snide comment or insult anyone that plays this game? You 'fans' really do need to learn to read and not see red mist when someone disagrees and doesn't like the game? I said I canceled, I think it is overly linear and heavily instanced. How does that insult you or anyone else?

I am on a public game forum because I had paid to play the game, how does that concern you? What I do with my time has absolutely nothing to do with this nor is it any of your business. You talk about insults yet it is you that sees the red mist and 'attempts' to make an insulting comment yourself. I'd calm down, read the forum rules again and realise that on a game forum there will be people who disagree with you and have their own opinions. You like the game, congratulations! Others like myself are disappointed and would like to express my disappointment. Congratulations to me.

Once again, calm down.

Lol I cancelled, but no I don't find myself desperately wanting to play, a nagging part of me wants to hit 50 since I'm so close, but the other part realizes how utterly repetitive, linear, and boring this game is, and btw I'm someone with 13 85's in wow, and never got bored once.[/QUOTE]

What...is....this....

I like a linear path, don't want to spend huge amount of time getting somewhere, when i don't even know where to go. Sandbox type is fun... Love lineage 2.

But i don't see it working out in the long run.

Fair enough, I see your point. At least you can comment without getting angry like that other poster that decided to comment. I never said I wanted a sandbox though, all I said was that I believe is overly linear. I find little freedom in the path it chooses for me. But that of course is just my opinion.