Armstech has made me ridiculously rich

The-Light-Shadow

Well, it took me a long time to finally get myself into this position, but armstech is really paying off. After three to four weeks of camping out on Coruscant and Taris manufacturing weapons day and night, I have gotten all of the purple schematics for blaster pistols, Assault Cannons, and techblades up to level 25 (all the worth while ones at least), as well as most assault rifles. I have constant supplies of weapons for all levels in the republic and Nar Shadaa GTN's, and generally when I go to bed I can feel confident that a sizeable chunk of my inventory will be gone in the morning.

On average I will rake in between 60-80k in a night's haul...at level 21. I'm not even selling mid or high level weapons yet. The majority of these sales are techblades (I am the only supplier on my server) and blaster pistols on Nar Shadaa, but I have seen every gun become profitable once you get purple schematics.

I guess the point of my post is this, while endgame armstech might be useless at the moment, I have made an absolute fortune supplying the lower levels with great gear. My purples, especially the mastercrafts, outperform every other piece of gear they can get. Their commendation mods can't hold a candle to purples, so they forgo their oranges and buy my purples. If you are struggling to turn a profit making weapons in your server, just make sub 40 purples. People can't get enough of them.

I agree.. Nerf Arms

ALSO!!!

He is exploiting the new folks playing by the awe that is purple loot! BAN BAN!!!

Also kidding as the first responder... Grats on working the system and posting something positive instead of the run of the mill BIOTECH is only useful craft skill...

I am spinning up my next toon and they will be arms.

Glad to hear it!

It's nice to read something positive for once.

I make the Cybertech high end (level 50) blue quality armorings. Even though the daily commendations ones are better, these still sell overnight and I'm making a killing.

I will generally make 20 resolve and guardian armorings, 10 of each. Put each up for 10k a pop. Wake up 200,000 credits richer.

ive found all the crafting to be great IF you put in the time to learn the purples and pursue purple augments. the problem is in the time it takes to learn the purples and track down augs you could have gained 5 levels and been on the next planet.

we are living in an "end game is all the matters" world. personally i get the most fun out of leveling and have never loved the end game in any mmo but im apparently in the minority.

Grats on finding a niche. Always fun when you can do that and see the credits roll in.

Too many people level "too fast" to have time establishing a niche at lower levels, also knowing that higher levels usually means more credits (nominally, not relatively).

Personally I love crafting and could easily see myself leaving a character at a certain level if I found a nice niche, playing another character when I felt like leveling. Even if going straight to 50 would probably be a lot better for the bankaccount :p

Glad to hear it!

I make the Cybertech high end (level 50) blue quality armorings. Even though the daily commendations ones are better, these still sell overnight and I'm making a killing.

I will generally make 20 resolve and guardian armorings, 10 of each. Put each up for 10k a pop. Wake up 200,000 credits richer.

AAAHHH another 1%'r OCCUPY IMPERIAL FLEET!!! GRASSROOTS!!

Ban them all :-p

Can't wait til i get to end game and have the time/money to RE stuff and get purple schematics.. another good post (good news that is) for us crafter types.

This is disgusting! No one below max-level should be able to make money on this sort of scale! This will completely ruin the economy with deflation, or inflation, or one of those other things I vaguely remember hearing about on the news once but don't actually understand! I demand that Bioware IMMEDIATELY nerf Slicing so that.....

Oh, wait, sorry, it's just I heard the above so often in the last few weeks that mindlessly repeating it at every opportunity has become a reflex action, as it has for many on these forums.

Glad to hear it!

Oh no, you're making too much money with this crafting skill - this is not fair to others. Time for the Nerfbat to fall...

Who are these people that spend $$$ on low level purples (low level anything) that will out level them in a few hours? hahaha

Glad to hear people buying your wares =)

I thought the same thing hehe.

I had armstech too, dropped it once I hit level 50. Due to the fact that getting high level purple recipe require a like a hundred reverse engineering and that they are anyway not as good as anything you can get with daily commendation in 30 min.

As for making money, well you make at least 200k in 2 hours at level 50, and that's without even really trying.

This only works so long as people don't realize they could get better from vendors.

but...you can make money from just about any craft by bumming off the ignorant people (or rich alts that just buy it up instead of doing commendation quests). I never bothered to auction house purchase leveling up. You outlevel gear so quick in this game.

I'm an armstech myself. On my server level 49 purple items are selling for about 15k each. Not much money on our server, heh. I PVP a lot though. Managed to get 500k within 2 play sessions (a few hours) of warzones + Ilum daily quests. Not too shabby.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

Purple weapons (and barrels/hilts) will always make money, as long as there's not too much competition. Levelling up I had a hell of a time finding good knives and barrels.

Sure, a -2 level blue can be had easily enough from commendations, but since you only need one or two for weapons people usually spend the money.

And 10% more damage is worth it, even for levelling. It's not nearly as daunting as finding 6 pieces of armor

Making weapons is very profitable. I would recommend focusing on weapons in the thirties to upper 40s next. Leveling before this is too fast, and most players will not upgrade themselves as often. Once into the thirties, players will upgrade themselves and their most used companions every chance they get.

Myself I wish I had someone like you to sell me blasters for Vette while I was leveling. There were almost never any cunning blasters on the GTN from 10-50. Nearly every single one had aim. Someone could have made quite a profit from me.

Who are these people that spend $$$ on low level purples (low level anything) that will out level them in a few hours? hahaha

People who realize that the point of imaginary money is to spend it on imaginary things. It's not like people need to worry about saving up for retirement. :D

People are too used to thinking of in-game money in the same ways as real money. If you spend all your money in real life you usually can't just decide to go get more, the way you can if you find yourself out of credits.

This only works so long as people don't realize they could get better from vendors.

This is incorrect on a couple of levels. The first is that they can't always get better from vendors. Techblades are a prime example of this. Another example is that there are "holes" in what the vendors sell, even when their best items are equivalent to what crafters make. For instance, a vendor might have a level 13 "skill" barrel and and level 18 "patron" barrel. A crafter might have a level 15 "skill" barrel. So a level 15 character might want to buy the crafter barrel rather than go with the lower level barrel with the right stats or waiting until higher level for the barrel with the "wrong" stats.

The second reason is that people don't always have enough commendations to buy every single upgrade on a tier, even assuming that they are available. They might have skipped quests or flashpoints. They might have chosen different rewards. It could be any number of things. But at the end of the day they may have enough to get boots or a barrel but not both, or they might have enough for themselves but not their companion(s).

Having a companion with updated gear makes leveling so much better when you aren't in a group that it's not even funny. They are so much easier to gear up through the GTN, provided that crafters stop wallowing in self-pity and actually put the stuff up for sale.

thats because people are leveling new toons yet. when the leveling subsides, it wont be as such.

Well, it took me a long time to finally get myself into this position, but armstech is really paying off. After three to four weeks of camping out on Coruscant and Taris manufacturing weapons day and night, I have gotten all of the purple schematics for blaster pistols, Assault Cannons, and techblades up to level 25 (all the worth while ones at least), as well as most assault rifles. I have constant supplies of weapons for all levels in the republic and Nar Shadaa GTN's, and generally when I go to bed I can feel confident that a sizeable chunk of my inventory will be gone in the morning.

On average I will rake in between 60-80k in a night's haul...at level 21. I'm not even selling mid or high level weapons yet. The majority of these sales are techblades (I am the only supplier on my server) and blaster pistols on Nar Shadaa, but I have seen every gun become profitable once you get purple schematics.

I guess the point of my post is this, while endgame armstech might be useless at the moment, I have made an absolute fortune supplying the lower levels with great gear. My purples, especially the mastercrafts, outperform every other piece of gear they can get. Their commendation mods can't hold a candle to purples, so they forgo their oranges and buy my purples. If you are struggling to turn a profit making weapons in your server, just make sub 40 purples. People can't get enough of them.

Nice job finding your niche.

thats because people are leveling new toons yet. when the leveling subsides, it wont be as such.

True, but I don't know that we should be expecting the leveling of new toons to subside. On a game plenty of WoW forum trolls consider dead (LOTRO) my crafters make a killing selling lowbie epic gear. People are willing to spend some credits to get what they consider substantial upgrades of their gear, particularly on alts.

The reason so many focus on endgame stuff is twofold.

A) The false assumption that it will be good/better/comparable to other endgame PvE gear. Sadly this is almost never the case though it should be.

B) The false assumption that everyone focuses on leveling through the game or that generally people's styles/approaches of play are the same. I heavily blame MMO forums for this fallacy.

At 50, an hour spent doing space missions will net you 85k.

When people complain about crafting, it's relative to the time and money spent to creating a profit. It's nice that you're enjoying the game in a different way, but that doesn't equate to the fact that crafting is difficult to justify in the long run. There are many ways to make money, at all levels. Crafting really only becomes a money sink.

Purple weapons (and barrels/hilts) will always make money, as long as there's not too much competition. Levelling up I had a hell of a time finding good knives and barrels.

Now it would be great if they fixed the vibroknives so they would actually RE up to higher quality.

At 50, an hour spent doing space missions will net you 85k.

When people complain about crafting, it's relative to the time and money spent to creating a profit. It's nice that you're enjoying the game in a different way, but that doesn't equate to the fact that crafting is difficult to justify in the long run. There are many ways to make money, at all levels. Crafting really only becomes a money sink.

I don't care what I can make at 50. I care what I can make at 21. I'm sure I could make millions selling weapons at 50 (if they ever make them worthwhile) because they are more expensive.