Sith Inquisitor story vs. Sith Warrior (SPOILERS)

Esbia

All the SI did was accumulate personal power and then snag a seat on the DC. it was a decent story, but if you want to point the finger at one class doing more harm to the Empire than good and having no/little affect on the galaxy as a whole, then look no further than the SI.

Then again the planetary quests are all about doing stuff for the empire.. Conqueror of Corellia, Taris, etc etc

Again, I repeat, Im now mostly ok with what the SI actually does, its just that in most storyline related convos with either his crew or superiors, he seemed so... subservient. It annoys me.

As for Ashara, she never goes further than neutral really, but the most annoying part are her companion quests. In those convos SI makes no kind of manipulations at all.

Edited by Karkais

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly correct, the SW is manipulated by Baras into helping reignite the war and take out anyone who is a threat to Baras's power grab. He doesn't have you go kill the people to weaken the Empire for the hell of it, it's all about making his power grab successful. The SW isn't blindly killing off people, he is led to believe he is helping to touch the war off again by completing Plan Zero.

Baras's mistake was trying to kill the SW and overreaching in his thirst for power and control. In the end, it proved his undoing.

Just looking at the galactic impact of all the class stories, the SI had the weakest affect on the galaxy of any of the classes. They artifact/ghost hunted,consolidated their power base,repaired their body and reasserted control, nabbed a super weapon and then chased Thanaton around. Nothing that affected the restarting of the war nor impacted the galaxy.

All the SI did was accumulate personal power and then snag a seat on the DC. it was a decent story, but if you want to point the finger at one class doing more harm to the Empire than good and having no/little affect on the galaxy as a whole, then look no further than the SI.

the war and speciffically the way the sw/baras handle the war does way more harm than good i am very glad that the si doesn't get involved in that lets kick our selves as much as possable fail. also the si does at several times get involved in the war and kicks the republics butt every time he does. taking out a whole strike team of jedi and destroying a whole fleet.

edit also killing the spies had nothing to do with removing a threat and killing the admiral definitely had nothing to do with removing a threat (both had their cover intact and absolutely were still useful especually the admiral . it was all lets kill these valueable people becuase i feel like kicking my self in the balls really really hard lol. to which you answer derp ok lets do that lol.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

the war and speciffically the way the sw/baras handle the war does way more harm than good i am very glad that the si doesn't get involved in that lets kick our selves as much as possable fail. also the si does at several times get involved in the war and kicks the republics butt every time he does. taking out a whole strike team of jedi and destroying a whole fleet.

edit also killing the spies had nothing to do with removing a threat and killing the admiral definitely had nothing to do with removing a threat (both had their cover intact and absolutely were still useful especually the admiral . it was all lets kill these valueable people becuase i feel like kicking my self in the balls really really hard lol. to which you answer derp ok lets do that lol.

Respectfully, you're wrong. The admiral and spies were a threat, because they all had smaller pieces of Bara's grander scheme. Thus they could spill the beans and were a threat to his plan and had to be eliminated.

The SI using the Silencer on the fleet was the one time he/she actually got involved in the Galactic war aside from the planetary proxy wars and flareups that were the planetary quests and didn't it depend on what morality choice you chose? Meaning you could use it on the Pubbies and help out the Imperial fleet or decimate both fleets. Not sure what you are referring to with the SI killing a Jedi strike team(it's been some time since I leveled my sorc and sin) in their storyline.

You are correct that Baras's scheme harms the Empire as it involves killing spies, lower ranking military officials and a lower tier DC member, but in the end the SW cleaned up that mess and assumed the mantle of the Wrath creating some stability to the chaos of the upper echelons in the Empire. The SI beat Thanaton, who was much more the galactic player than Vengean was, and concentrated on personal power rather than Imperial happenings and his/her dialogue options at the ending of Chapter 3 seems to indicate it will be par for the course.

It sounds to me like you didn't pay as much attention to the SW story as you did the SI's and it is showing in your responses.

well truethfully i haven't yet finished the sith warriors story and i am aware that it can't really be as bad as i am portraying it as. i am mostly responding in kind to the op's rediculous SI rant that is so wrong on so many levels it's pathetic.

also in the silcener battle it's only ever one empire capital ship in danger vs a whole republic fleet even the dark side choices is a net profit and it's totally possable to save the sith capital ship. as for the jedi strike team it's a battle before the war actually starts in full. where you do a preventive strike against a strike team the organa's are assembling against house thul and it's actually possible to not do it. i am assuming the cannon one did becuase why wouldn't a sith kill jedi? unless he really is as self focused as others have said at any rate no matter what happens you kill a powerful jedi master on alderaan even if you don;t kill the strike team.

how ever i have seen all the SW videos and while i am sure i missing some subtext i'll stand by the SI being better story wise and for the empire as a whole. alot of powerful people including alot of moffs and darth decimus think thanton having power is a huge mistake and they regard the SI inexperienced as he/she maybe to be a huge improvement. you don;t have to look very far to see how very wrong thanton is about everything he tries to stand for,

The problem as I perceive it is that inquisitor doesn't ACT like a sith, much less like a sith inquisitor should, in our eyes. That is the problem. The warrior on the other hand, does that in spades.

Ill keep the post short so you may actually get it.

One of these days I'm going to play the inquisitor story through a second time just to catalogue how bad it is.

Edited by Karkais

well truethfully i haven't yet finished the sith warriors story and i am aware that it can't really be as bad as i am portraying it as. i am mostly responding in kind to the op's rediculous SI rant that is so wrong on so many levels it's pathetic. Ok. I get that.

also in the silcener battle it's only ever one empire capital ship in danger vs a whole republic fleet even the dark side choices is a net profit and it's totally possable to save the sith capital ship. as for the jedi strike team it's a battle before the war actually starts in full. where you do a preventive strike against a strike team the organa's are assembling against house thul and it's actually possible to not do it. i am assuming the cannon one did becuase why wouldn't a sith kill jedi? unless he really is as self focused as others have said at any rate no matter what happens you kill a powerful jedi master on alderaan even if you don;t kill the strike team.

I'm still drawing a blank on that particular "Jedi Strike team" but the SI killing 1 Jedi master and using the Silencer once doesn't really add up to a hill of beans. The SW corrupts a Padawan with an extremely rare Force Power to the DS, kills at least 3 powerful (and important in the TOR canon)Jedi Masters and their Jedi Knight or Padawan companions kills the Republic's War Trust and crushes Project Siantide,

That's just the stuff of the top of my head, i'm sure I'm missing things and I'm not even including the stuff like,killing a Dark Council Member (twice), freeing the Entity, killing Draagh etc that really only affect the Imperials.

how ever i have seen all the SW videos and while i am sure i missing some subtext i'll stand by the SI being better story wise and for the empire as a whole. alot of powerful people including alot of moffs and darth decimus think thanton having power is a huge mistake and they regard the SI inexperienced as he/she maybe to be a huge improvement. you don;t have to look very far to see how very wrong thanton is about everything he tries to stand for,

Thanaton's problem is he is living in the past and refuses to think of your former slave SI as worthy of the Sith mantle. He is an idiot but apparently a well respected one as the other Sith lords on the DC seem to lament his death. He was wrong and the SI made him pay for it.

Like I said before the SI had a decent class story, i personally didn't enjoy it as much as the SW and the SI sure as heck did not have the galactic impact that the SW,IA or even the BH had in their stories.

Edited by Temeluchus

The problem as I perceive it is that inquisitor doesn't ACT like a sith, much less like a sith inquisitor should, in our eyes. That is the problem. The warrior on the other hand, does that in spades.

Ill keep the post short so you may actually get it.

One of these days I'm going to play the inquisitor story through a second time just to catalogue how bad it is.

some people have such a narrow version of how a sith should act alot of people have been tired of the supposed this is the way sith are for a very long time. there is nothing in the sith code or in channelling strong emotion that makes them have to act the way certain people insist they have to. the sith inquisitor actually explores this which is what alot of people have asked for. there are times in the story where people question you speciffically on weither how you act is appropriate for a sith and the answer you can give is it's in the sith code that the force will set me free or in other words being bound to only act a certain way is against the code which is meant to give the sith freedom the most powerful free sith will determine what shape that freedom takes not the code it's self..

@ the post above me i for the most part agree and don;t have any arguement with any thing you have said. without a doubt the sw has more galatic impact so far though the SI is in a better position to be so in the future. also i might add that the SI kills a few masters on taris and corrupts a padawan that while not having a speciffic power persay is noted to be a very skilled combatant. I don;t find the sw to have the better story and i don;t consider greater impact to be necessarily better particulary when so much of the greater impact is doing thing you know weakens you in the long run.

after saying i have no arguement i whent and argueed it didn;t i? :) but i think our differences just come down to taste,

some people have such a narrow version of how a sith should act alot of people have been tired of the supposed this is the way sith are for a very long time. there is nothing in the sith code or in channelling strong emotion that makes them have to act the way certain people insist they have to. the sith inquisitor actually explores this which is what alot of people have asked for. there are times in the story where people question you speciffically on weither how you act is appropriate for a sith and the answer you can give is it's in the sith code that the force will set me free or in other words being bound to only act a certain way is against the code which is meant to give the sith freedom the most powerful free sith will determine what shape that freedom takes not the code it's self..
The Inquistor, by virtue of it's name, should be somebody who's adept at subterfuge and shakedowns. I should be able to talk anyone into anything, and have a network at my command of spies and true underlings (For example, if they'd worked the Cult and Zash's other disiples into the story much better). But for all the power people are saying the SI has, it doesn't FEEL like you have power because you don't figure stuff out for yourself.

Zash needs ritual artifacts <act 1>

Thanaton wants to kill you, grandpa Kallig says "Eat Ghost" <Act 2>

Uh Oh, you screwed up! Zash says "QUICKLY! TO MY BOOKCASE!" and finds out how to cure it FOR YOU <Act 3>

It's not ME who figures out how to eat ghosts, or finding the cure to my ails, or even saving my own dumb rear when I'm betrayed. And for a class who's supposed to be based on Machiavellian Power plays, and people are going on about how "powerful" you are, to not even be able to save yourself in the slightest of situations is just jaw droppingly incompetent.

@ the post above me i for the most part agree and don;t have any arguement with any thing you have said. without a doubt the sw has more galatic impact so far though the SI is in a better position to be so in the future. also i might add that the SI kills a few masters on taris and corrupts a padawan that while not having a speciffic power persay is noted to be a very skilled combatant. I don;t find the sw to have the better story and i don;t consider greater impact to be necessarily better particulary when so much of the greater impact is doing thing you know weakens you in the long run.

after saying i have no arguement i whent and argueed it didn;t i? :) but i think our differences just come down to taste,

The thing about the inquisitor is that they're SUPPOSED to have an impact. They're a DARTH for crying out loud, but barely have enough impact to make a gnat squeal in displeasure. I think you just summed up what's wrong, in a nutshell, with the class story for most people. You don't have any real power, other than being good in a fight, which sounds a bit more like a warrior than a politician/sorcerer.

Personally, if I could I'd re-write the Thanaton stuff so that he's Act 2, but you (as the SI) start cobbling together a small military force and a string of followers to be able to take Thanaton in a straight up fight. And by the end of act two, you kill Thanaton and get control of his former underlings which you use to start undermining the Republic's efforts in certain theatres. And on Voss (just as a specific example) you do something like using your power to influence the mystics visions to be more imperial/you aligned so that eventually there is a growing cult of you formed entirely of Voss.

your a darth at the very end of that story after that point i absolutely agree the sith inquisitor should have an impact and once the story continues i expect to see it as it only makes sense. before that point theres no reason why you should have an impact and i fail to see how making an impact just to make an impact is in any way desirable.

the story and your competence/power has already risen meteorically fast as it is i wouldn't want to see it rise any faster and frankly i would of loved the pace to be much much slower atleast a few chapters slower. you talk about sideous but that was the end result of decades of hiding in the shadows doing exactly what the inquisitor is doing learning/finding powerful darkside rituals and building a powerbase.

edit not to mention giving out a super weapon to all the moffs that side with you and killing a dark council member is a pretty big impact to me. also your cult is now the biggest supplier of a highly advanced and highly illegal processor just what could they have your cult have access to next? you could use the money coming from that to buy more power and influence in latter chapters.

your a darth at the very end of that story after that point i absolutely agree the sith inquisitor should have an impact and once the story continues i expect to see it as it only makes sense. before that point theres no reason why you should have an impact and i fail to see how making an impact just to make an impact is in any way desirable.

the story and your competence/power has already risen meteorically fast as it is i wouldn't want to see it rise any faster and frankly i would of loved the pace to be much much slower atleast a few chapters slower. you talk about sideous but that was the end result of decades of hiding in the shadows doing exactly what the inquisitor is doing learning/finding powerful darkside rituals and building a powerbase.

edit not to mention giving out a super weapon to all the moffs that side with you and killing a dark council member is a pretty big impact to me. also your cult is now the biggest supplier of a highly advanced and highly illegal processor just what could they have your cult have access to next? you could use the money coming from that to buy more power and influence in latter chapters.

But here's the thing. You don't actually do any of this. Your Cult starts the tech stuff on their own, you're led to the darkside powers by your ancestor, rather than deciding that "You know what? I want to be Independant and kill Thanaton"

You say Sideous took decades to reach his point. The thing is, you're not even starting to manipulate and whisper in the ears of prominent people to earn your power. Instead, as I stated above, you just stab stab stab until you get your way, with the Ritual(s) just being an easy way to prevent the confrontation.

uh yeah you do, do it other people might of told you it was a good idea but your the person that does it and your the person that makes it work. You seem to be throwing a fit that you aren't omniknowing and don;t know how to kill a dark council member right after graduating from being an apprentice. becuase you know you should definitely know who to kill one of the twelve most powerful sith immediately after being an apprentice /sarcasm.

i don;t know about you but i wouldn't want to micromanage my cult down to every last detail and you already get the option to change who is leading it in your name twice don't like pladius choose kaylee don;t like her choose the veil.

The Inquistor, by virtue of it's name, should be somebody who's adept at subterfuge and shakedowns. I should be able to talk anyone into anything, and have a network at my command of spies and true underlings (For example, if they'd worked the Cult and Zash's other disiples into the story much better). But for all the power people are saying the SI has, it doesn't FEEL like you have power because you don't figure stuff out for yourself.

Zash needs ritual artifacts <act 1>

Thanaton wants to kill you, grandpa Kallig says "Eat Ghost" <Act 2>

Uh Oh, you screwed up! Zash says "QUICKLY! TO MY BOOKCASE!" and finds out how to cure it FOR YOU <Act 3>

It's not ME who figures out how to eat ghosts, or finding the cure to my ails, or even saving my own dumb rear when I'm betrayed. And for a class who's supposed to be based on Machiavellian Power plays, and people are going on about how "powerful" you are, to not even be able to save yourself in the slightest of situations is just jaw droppingly incompetent.

The thing about the inquisitor is that they're SUPPOSED to have an impact. They're a DARTH for crying out loud, but barely have enough impact to make a gnat squeal in displeasure. I think you just summed up what's wrong, in a nutshell, with the class story for most people. You don't have any real power, other than being good in a fight, which sounds a bit more like a warrior than a politician/sorcerer.

I think you are overlooking some of the power the SI accumulates.

First off, act 1, you are an apprentice and Zash sends you to get artifacts that she says will make you stronger. Win-Win.

and then you fight and defeat her. At this point you acquire Zash's power base (or at least her apprentices).

Act 2:

Then thanaton has it out for you because you threaten everything he holds dear (human/pureblood based sith aristocracy). Your ancestor points you in the direction of finding more power (ghosts). You do so and confront Thanaton, kill his apprentice, and then your ghosts explode and thanaton escapes. All the while (most of act two) people, like the moffs, have realized that you and thanaton are facing off and then pick sides. Some choose yours some choose thanaton's.

Act 3: Fixing yourself up before defeating thanaton. Not the most powerbase-y arc, but it goes into finding mystical knowledge that keeps your inquisitor sane/physically whole. Then Thanaton calls a Kaggath, the most power base-y of plot points and you have to crush him on correila. After that you beat him again on korriban and viola, you are elevating to the dark council. Not on your fighting prowess alone, but with help from your powerbase.

The SW isn't inducted to the Dark Council because he is essentially a lone wolf. You point him in a direction and mayhem ensues. (I loved the SW story arc, but still dont think the SI one is trash).

From your post it seems to me like you wanted more independence with your character and that is a feature that is lacking in this MMO. Every character has to go to such and such a planet and find informants, jedi masters, sith artifacts, rogue scientists, enemy terrorist leaders, etc, etc.

I'm not asking for independence from the plotline that's being given. I'm asking that the SI actually get a hint of what to do, and then maybe the first planet of the act is digging through some abandoned archive to figure the rest of it out. Not just having Zash or some other "higher power" simply tell me "This is how you do it".

By the end of act one, you're a Sith Lord. Not a Darth, yet, but a lord still is one of the higher powers within the Sith heirarchy. The fact that you're basically slumming around in a shuttle with 6 random hangers on (most of whom barely have a purpose beyond "I'm a role!") while others of your stature have fleets, armies, or networks entirely at their command.

Another thing that should have been an Inquisitor idea I'll take bodily from the Warrior. On Nar Shadda, you get a light dark choice to kill somebody. If you go light, later (on hoth) he pops back up and provides you information. THAT makes you feel like you're building a network and power base.

Hell, you could have had Alderaan's arc be, instead of "hunt down the doohicky from the Organa", playing two minor houses against each other for them both to clash, and during the confusion you retrieve the doohicky.

But what we got... just felt like 3 acts repeating the same exact motions with different names. And didn't feel like I was a high official within a galaxy spanning political organization, or even a respected person in that organization (which may or may not be true).

I will give the Inquisitor line this, the prologue is FANTASTIC at conveying the exact tone and feel of how the Inquistior should be. You're constantly being backstabbed, you can sneak behind your bosses back to your bosses boss for some items, you see the bosses boss come down on your boss... It's just that your character never really seems to build out of that. they just languish in that position for the entire arc.

sigh i give up everything your saying is wrong on so many levels but i have pointed that out too many times already and you just come back saying yes i know that but saying the same things. at this point theres nothing more to say and frankly this conversation has become beyond boring.

bottom line is the SI is still the only class i have felt interesting enough to finish and the only class i have created a second character with the intention of completing the same story again again.

sigh i give up everything your saying is wrong on so many levels but i have pointed that out too many times already and you just come back saying yes i know that but saying the same things. at this point theres nothing more to say and frankly this conversation has become beyond boring.

bottom line is the SI is still the only class i have felt interesting enough to finish and the only class i have created a second character with the intention of completing the same story again again.

What exactly were you saying then? The only thing that you've pointed out is that the Inquistor is "a good fighter" and "Has power". But we don't see any major demonstrations of that power within the story.

You complain about the meteoric rise of the SI, Even though the Empire works on the basis of "More power, more authority", which means if you're exceptionally powerful and are able to avoid the political mires, you're going to end up in a VERY high position very fast (you could argue the Warriors is a faster rise).

You say that the Inquisitor is the one initiating all their actions. But ignore the fact that You had to be saved by your gramps to even START act 2. And then most of your actions in Act 2 are prompted by your companions or gramps in the first place.

Understand THIS is what we were promised:

But where did we backstab anyone? Where did we infiltrate, where did we hide our hand and build a conspiracy and then pull off an Ozymandias style "I did it 30 minutes ago"? That's my point, we didn't do any of that, instead we were just told to gather macguffins, and we went about it with all the grace of an elephant in musk.

What exactly were you saying then? The only thing that you've pointed out is that the Inquistor is "a good fighter" and "Has power". But we don't see any major demonstrations of that power within the story.

You complain about the meteoric rise of the SI, Even though the Empire works on the basis of "More power, more authority", which means if you're exceptionally powerful and are able to avoid the political mires, you're going to end up in a VERY high position very fast (you could argue the Warriors is a faster rise).

You say that the Inquisitor is the one initiating all their actions. But ignore the fact that You had to be saved by your gramps to even START act 2. And then most of your actions in Act 2 are prompted by your companions or gramps in the first place.

But where did we backstab anyone? Where did we infiltrate, where did we hide our hand and build a conspiracy and then pull off an Ozymandias style "I did it 30 minutes ago"? That's my point, we didn't do any of that, instead we were just told to gather macguffins, and we went about it with all the grace of an elephant in musk.

I was unaware of that video, and can definitely see how expecting whats shown in the video could lead to dissapointment on the released version of the SI story. The little snippets of story shown seem really interesting and its a shame that it didn't make it to release. To make up for that problem, play an agent, im loving the story!

• 4 months later...
I'm very new to SWTOR (got it for christmas) and started my first character as an SI because i've always preferred to use magic in MMOs and I've always preferred sith so, why not. Im only lvl 20 now and the gameplay is amazing as SI because i love just walking up to a crowd of troopers and frying them to ashes. From what I've read the SW seems like he's more of a darth vader-style kill everyone in the room then leave like nothing happened. I've seen the SI story on YT and during Act 1 i just kept wanting to say to the overseer "Let me kill him... let me kill him... let me kill him" :mad: then the story went to saying "Very well" "Yes my master" to Zash and doing whatever she wanted. But to me after you kill thanaton you are sitting on a throne of power that (hopefully in expansions) will make you be able to fry an SW with on Shock.

Cries that video so many lies I was so excited for the SI story bioware hyped it as the DARTH SIDIOUS experience lawl nope. Nothing like that what I got was Indiana jones, ghost hunter and ghost buster. Then my friend was telling me how awesome the SW story was once I hit 50 with my SI i started up a sith warrior and i got my darth sidious experience.

Let me give you an example on nar shadda you gotta deal with your masters rival on that planet. You slowly start dismantling his plans and then you find some republic troops you then have several choices you can kill them which is a dark side choice. Or draft them into your service (neutral) I picked drafting them and of course since the rival has his power base he is going to use it in battle so I called the republic soldiers that owed me and they helped me in battle.

Plus gave me a crit chance buff after all is said and done my master wanted me to kill the said rival as per orders but lawl nope instead I made him swear fealty to me since he is the kind of sith with a sense of "honor" and then I turned around to the republic soldiers. I killed their captain and told the rest to run since I no longer have use of them(which is a dark choice).

SI=becomes second to One in Empire, major power player

SW=becomes someones *****, no real power

SW=More Powerful at the end???

thats incorrect. The WARRIOR becomes second to one as he/she becomes the Emperor's Wrath, essentially the personal executioner and enforcerer to the Emperor himself. The Inquisitor does have power, but is still on the Dark Council. The Wrath outranks pretty much everyone on the council, except for the head of the Dark Council (Darth Marr). The Inquisitor has a powerbase and more underlings at his/her command, but he/she is simply a Dark Council member.

In conclusion, the Wrath is physically more powerful at the end of the two stories. When the Inquisitor defeated Thanaton, a Dark Council member, with aid of four Force ghosts. FOUR FORCE GHOSTS, whereas the Wrath beat Baras, also on the Dark Council, but he/she didn't have any type of Force enhancement, only their own training.

So essentially:

SI: Member of the Dark Council, giving them respect and prestige

SW: Emperor's Wrath, second only to the Emperor, giving them more prestige and respect

SW: More powerful at the end

Anyway, I played both stories (SI as a sorc, SW as a marauder), and I did feel that the Warrior story was much better. I felt more powerful after I drove Nomen Kare crazy and took Jaesa as my apprentice, even more powerful when I killed Vengean, even more powerful at the beginning of Chapter 3, and most powerful when I killed Baras and was officially recognized as the Emperor's Wrath at the end.

At the beginning of Chapter 3:

I believe this is when you meet Servants 1 and 2, who declare you the Wrath

I didn't feel at all like Sidious when I finished the story. I felt more like Starkiller, as at the end of both TFU and SW story, you kill your master (supposing you take the Dark Side ending in TFU). Throughout the story, I felt like Darth Ravvok (that's my marauder's name), and not at all like some canonical Sith.

I played the warrior story twice: Once with marauder, then with juggernaut. Honestly it felt like it was more marauder than juggernaut based story.

Best part of the SW story was Draahg. Classic betrayal, then you beat him (supposedly burning him to death), he comes back, ya beat him again. Maybe we'll see more of Draahg the Eternal in a later chapter (I hope we do!)

OK at first I liked the SI story, it was the first one I did and I thought the Prologue was really good, and I mean really good. Korriban for the SI remains my favourite planet, it was all just so exciting. And then one of my favourite SWTOR characters turns up, Darth Zash, and fries stupid Ffon. I really like Zash because she's bitter sweet, she's peculiarly friendly and nice but has a real mean streak in her. And I really like Khem too, and his relationship with Zash, and then she gets stuck in him and I was like YES! Two of my favourite SWTOR characters have been combined!

Then it started to go down hill, after Act 2 this guy called Thanaton turns up, I liked that bit with him betraying you and so on. But then when I expected to take him down through manipulation and stuff, I just get Zash & Co telling me what to do. Really frustrating, they just became glorified quest givers and I did what they said. But I enjoyed collecting ghosts because I could almost fell myself growing STRONGER! But it dragged on a bit and I really felt like 'shouldn't I be bashing the Republic or something', I did like the ending, the Kaggath was cool and ascending to the Dark Council was very fulfilling. But then I played the BH, and realised, this is how it should be done. And in hindsight realised the SI storyline wasn't that great, the BH story is just awesome. And pitch perfect.

But the SI storyline was still good, and a favourite of mine. However after Act 3 it falls flat, and I mean flat on its face. I mean, I'M A MEMBER OF THE DARK COUNCIL, what in the Force's name am I doing running around Ilum doing quests for random NPCs! And what is Malgus doing pretending to be in charge 'You asked for the Dark Council's aid, well here I am!' YOUR NOT EVEN ON THE DARK COUNCIL! I AM! GET LOST! I'M-IN-CHARGE! But thats just it, I'm not. NPCs are still bossing me about and telling me to go there, do that etc etc. So when Makeb is released I just know I'm going to have a hard time playing it, because I'm one of those story loving guys. And I'm going to have a hard time justifying running about the place bashing Hutt minions when I should be commanding my vast power base and having grunts do my dirty work. But I see now way of getting around this... they've just made the SI too important. :p

Oh well, guess I'll just play by BH. Republic's Most Wanted! Killed your stupid Chancellor! Took revenge on your stupid Battlemaster! (EPIC revenge) Most Vital Asset of Darth Tormen! GO BOUNTY HUNTER! :D

thats incorrect. The WARRIOR becomes second to one as he/she becomes the Emperor's Wrath, essentially the personal executioner and enforcerer to the Emperor himself. The Inquisitor does have power, but is still on the Dark Council. The Wrath outranks pretty much everyone on the council, except for the head of the Dark Council (Darth Marr). The Inquisitor has a powerbase and more underlings at his/her command, but he/she is simply a Dark Council member.

In conclusion, the Wrath is physically more powerful at the end of the two stories. When the Inquisitor defeated Thanaton, a Dark Council member, with aid of four Force ghosts. FOUR FORCE GHOSTS, whereas the Wrath beat Baras, also on the Dark Council, but he/she didn't have any type of Force enhancement, only their own training.

So essentially:

SI: Member of the Dark Council, giving them respect and prestige

SW: Emperor's Wrath, second only to the Emperor, giving them more prestige and respect

SW: More powerful at the end

I really want to see what reference you have about this because all points to Dark Council and Wrath being in different power structures which are connected at Emperor.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wanted to like the Sith Inquisitor's story. And there were some great ideas in there. I enjoyed Korriban a lot. The Zash/Khem Val storyline was very cool. I really enjoyed the gradual manipulation of Ashara (preferable in many ways to Jaesa's headlong plunge into darkness) and hope to see it continue.

But, I really felt like Acts 2 and 3 didn't work.

You run around collecting force g******s and end up with ghost VD. Then Thanaton makes the bone-headed decision of challenging you to a Kaggath and when you finally defeat him someone else gets the kill. And to cap it all off, you end up on the Dark Council but have no real power base to back you up. Instead of feeling like a ****** you are completely out of your depth...

What should have happened:

Thanaton tries to kill you, but you escape.

Zash advises you to challenge Thanaton to a Kaggath and he agrees because he is bound by tradition.

You spend Act 2 building up resources of your own and undermining Thanaton's power base at the same time.

You spend Act 3 battling out the Kaggath.

You defeat Thanaton (without any help from dark council members) and assume your rightful position on the Dark Council.

The SI is a more interesting character while the SW has a more important role.

I found SI to be more interesting as a light sided character (at least starting off), considering that the SI has essentially been treated like crap since Day 1. You know, the whole "I'm not going to be like them, I'm going to be better than them!" line.

The SW is a little different, seeing as the SW is essentially the Special Sith.