This que is horrible

Babyduck

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's like this:

Mike: I bought this ticket to see the Patriots, it includes a free meal!

Jason: So did I! I got in 3 hours ago, been walking around enjoying the stadium

Mike: But I bought the same ticket you did! Why am I being told I have to wait outside for 2 more hours!?!?

Jason: Because I am good and bought my ticket a month ago, while you bought yours two days ago! HAHAH NOOB!

No, it's more like this:

Mike: There's a contest going on for Patriots tickets. There are a lot of tickets and the sooner you call the hotline, the better your chances. They have so many tickets that they can't give them all out for one game but you have the opportunity based on how soon you respond to go to this Sunday's game or next Sunday's game.

Jason: Cool, I'll wait because I don't really think they mean they are going to stagger the tickets across several Sunday's.

Mike: Ok, that's cool but I'm calling right now!

No, it's more like this:

Mike: There's a contest going on for Patriots tickets. There are a lot of tickets and the sooner you call the hotline, the better your chances. They have so many tickets that they can't give them all out for one game but you have the opportunity based on how soon you respond to go to this Sunday's game or next Sunday's game.

Jason: Cool, I'll wait because I don't really think they mean they are going to stagger the tickets across several Sunday's.

nope more like the one you quoted since we all bought the same ticket to the same game. some just bought their ticket earlier.

I recommend every one should go to a highly populated server. It's better to wait in queue than to log instantly on a server that has very few people. That has been my experience with swg and wow. The economy, player interaction, and over all better experience with a populated server. Edited by Knockerz

You need to cancel your preorder like I did. Put your money where your mouth is.... and not only that.... ask that they do the right thing here and allow EQUAL ACCESS for everyone... reset ALL SERVERS on the 19th at 2359.

This is the saddest post I have ever read. You were probably the type of kid who broke other kids' toys that you selfishly wanted.

nope more like the one you quoted since we all bought the same ticket to the same game. some just bought their ticket earlier.

It's more like going to the movie theater. We're all going to be seeing the same movie, but the folks who showed up an hour early and got their tickets ahead of time are going to have better seats than the people who showed up during the previews(stress test weekend) and got a ticket at the last second.

If nothing else, it should be considered a reward from Bioware for following the game for so long and being fans and buying it when it was announced that they could.

The entitled jerks who have been crying all week are just as financially important to Bioware, but they're not people I even want to see in game so no biggie. I really hope they all cancel their preorders like they're swearing to do.

Damn this is a long que!

Using movie theater...

I think its more going to the movie theater and the guy in front of you goes and runs his hand all thru the popcorn. Then its your turn! You are suppose to just shut up and eat it dont complain to the people who are running the cash register. Is closer then watching a movie example.

Edited by salemz

i swear to **** if they wipe characters, which they have *NO REASON AT ALL* to do, i will rage and quit. There is NO REASON for this. There is NO achievements or special prizes for someone else getting to a higher level before you, or getting a piece of gear before you. There's no tangible advantage to having started yesterday as opposed to tomorrow other than having seen a bit more of the game than you. So what if they have more money? Weee. You can farm that quite easily. They get gear? Oh well? You can get the same ****. i don't understand why people are pissing and moaning about not getting in. Yes, you want to play. Guess the **** what? YOU WILL. YOU WILL.

Stop. Whining. Good sweet Cthulhu.

i swear to **** if they wipe characters, which they have *NO REASON AT ALL* to do, i will rage and quit. There is NO REASON for this. There is NO achievements or special prizes for someone else getting to a higher level before you, or getting a piece of gear before you. There's no tangible advantage to having started yesterday as opposed to tomorrow other than having seen a bit more of the game than you. So what if they have more money? Weee. You can farm that quite easily. They get gear? Oh well? You can get the same ****. i don't understand why people are pissing and moaning about not getting in. Yes, you want to play. Guess the **** what? YOU WILL. YOU WILL.

Stop. Whining. Good sweet Cthulhu.

They're not going to delete all of our characters. This is the live game. Until the game itself shuts down, I can guarantee you your character will be there.

Unless there's some kind of horrible accident and the bioware HQ gets flooded in a hurricane or something.

They're not going to delete all of our characters. This is the live game. Until the game itself shuts down, I can guarantee you your character will be there.

Unless there's some kind of horrible accident and the bioware HQ gets flooded in a hurricane or something.

Whats the difference between Live and Launched game? People tend to use the game isn't launched yet as an argument so people shouldn't care if their toons are wiped.

Look, can you honestly tell me that you didn't understand what the plan was 48 hours ago?

And that you didn't evaluate early game access as a perk, before you didn't get in on the absolutely first wave?

The plan made for this crappy launch.

Like it has been said numerous times; several hundred thousand players waiting in queue for 48-76 hours?

How's that even a plan, I'd call it a recipe for massive rage.

Edited by Propanelgen

I think they are attempting to avoid the servers, and login servers from being slammed so hard they go offline. I think perhaps they are trying too hard to work up to a perfect launch.

In one way I can't blame them, when you look at the history of MMO launches, alot of them have been poor experiences. Maybe they are striving for perfection, and eventually after launch is done, they might be tweaking their way of doing things to be even better.

I don't know...I just have this sense that they are probably working at it too hard.

Too bad that at launch they are forcing what you think they are trying to avoid:

1) All servers down for 1-2 minutes to "officially launch" the game

1a) Login servers get slammed at 12:01AM Eastern time Dec 20

1b) game servers get slammed at 12:01AM Eastern time Dec 20

2) Trying too hard to work up their customers into a frenzy because they are denying those customers their paid for services - albeit very cleverly crafted and worded so as to prevent any possibility of lawsuits.

Let me ask you - how many MMO launches have given their pre-order customers early access/headstart?

And how many have staggered said access?

And on both of those, how many have had issues during head start?

Finally, how many of those MMO launches have been great during head start but horrible during launch?

Let me answer for you, in question order:

Every single one

Exactly one, SWTOR

Exactly ZERO

Exactly EVERY SINGLE ONE

Whats the difference between Live and Launched game? People tend to use the game isn't launched yet as an argument so people shouldn't care if their toons are wiped.

There isn't a difference. Those people are complete mongoloid morons.

The game did launch. It's in its live, launched state right now. I can go log in right now and play if I wanted. But I have a day job that I have to go to bed for.

The official, public launch date for the game is December 20th if people didn't want to preorder. That doesn't mean the game isn't launched or live or whatever you want to call it.

Hope that helps. Tell those people to sit on an inverted bar stool.

No, it's more like this:

Really? I got my game for FREE? FROM A LIMITED POOL OF GAME COPIES?

SCHWEET!

It's more like going to the movie theater. We're all going to be seeing the same movie, but the folks who showed up an hour early and got their tickets ahead of time are going to have better seats than the people who showed up during the previews(stress test weekend) and got a ticket at the last second.

If nothing else, it should be considered a reward from Bioware for following the game for so long and being fans and buying it when it was announced that they could.

The entitled jerks who have been crying all week are just as financially important to Bioware, but they're not people I even want to see in game so no biggie. I really hope they all cancel their preorders like they're swearing to do.

Except that I bought my movie ticket at the door, before the movie was starting (long before), arrived long before the movie started, waited for them to start allowing EVERYONE (key word) to enter the theatre, and was then told I could not go in, because they wanted to make sure the 5 groups before me got their seats first. In doing so, I was "allowed" to see 4 of the 7 previews that aired before the opening scene.

Sorry, but I want to see all 7, especially if I got there in time and waited WITH EVERYONE ELSE

inb4the "you ordered after" - PRE-SHOW EVENTS ARE FOR EVERYONE, IN EVERY EVENT OF ANY KIND - sports, movies, concerts, etc. Name ONE event that has pre-event stuff that is billed WITH the purchase, and then DENIED to the purchasers other than SWTOR. Dont spin it with "you were told 'up to'" as this is just a legal defense mechanism to prevent lawsuits for failure to provide service.

Except that I bought my movie ticket at the door, before the movie was starting (long before), arrived long before the movie started, waited for them to start allowing EVERYONE (key word) to enter the theatre, and was then told I could not go in, because they wanted to make sure the 5 groups before me got their seats first. In doing so, I was "allowed" to see 4 of the 7 previews that aired before the opening scene.

Sorry, but I want to see all 7, especially if I got there in time and waited WITH EVERYONE ELSE

inb4the "you ordered after" - PRE-SHOW EVENTS ARE FOR EVERYONE, IN EVERY EVENT OF ANY KIND - sports, movies, concerts, etc. Name ONE event that has pre-event stuff that is billed WITH the purchase, and then DENIED to the purchasers other than SWTOR. Dont spin it with "you were told 'up to'" as this is just a legal defense mechanism to prevent lawsuits for failure to provide service.

Opening night tickets or screener is more like it.

if you don't get tickets for the first day you go the second day. You don't complain that people got to see the movie before you when they ordered tickets before you?

But now people are sceraming that you where not let in the opening night/Screener and instead got the ticket for the day after or the day after that

Edited by Varghjerta

Opening night tickets or screener is more like it.

if you don't get tickets for the first day you go the second day. You don't complain that people got to see the movie before you when they ordered tickets before you?

But now people are sceraming that you where not let in the opening night/Screener and instead got the ticket for the day after or the day after that

You know why? Because the "opening screener" as you put it holds space for 999999 people, and 12345 people were let in - in this case, YES, I WOULD SCREAM about it.

Please try to use logic when attempting to diminish and shoot down my comments. My comments are based around logic, thought, and evidence. Every single attempt to shoot my comments down has been with what is equivalent to "straw man" arguments.

I would have preferred to get a date and time for my access.

It is getting a bit tedious having to check my e-mail, and the suspense is not doing wonders for my blood pressure :)

Anyway, I think the thought behind the launch is sound. Just the execution that leaves something to be desired.

Ideally there would have been a mail for everyone that preordered telling them when their access started. Then again, I can really, really see that backfireing on them as the QQ`s would make the internet kneel if the time and date would have to be changed after the initial e-mail.

I`ll just be quiet now.

You know why? Because the "opening screener" as you put it holds space for 999999 people, and 12345 people were let in - in this case, YES, I WOULD SCREAM about it.

Please try to use logic when attempting to diminish and shoot down my comments. My comments are based around logic, thought, and evidence. Every single attempt to shoot my comments down has been with what is equivalent to "straw man" arguments.

Actually if they let the 999999 in

It wouldnt be an Early Access would it?

Then it would be considered released so i bounce the "logic" ball back to you and ask you please use it :D

Edited by Varghjerta

Actually if they let the 999999 in

It wouldnt be an Early Access would it?

Then it would be considered released so i bounce the "logic" ball back to you and ask you please use it :D

You are refusing to utilize logic, and instead are again trying to spin the issue.

Let me be blunt and clear, in a way that even one as slow as you should be able to understand...

Take my post, and apply it

WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE EARLY ACCESS

As for the specific "if they let the 999999 in it wouldnt be early access would it?" question - it would be - because we all got tickets (all 999999 of us) to see the screening, but some were let in at the start of the movie (maybe 5000), some let in after 25 minutes (say 200000), some after 50 (another 200000), some after 1 hour and 15 minutes (the last 500000 or so). All of us got to see the movie, of course, but most of us saw the last 45 minutes only.

Way to go.

Edited by Catreina

Would you people arguing about bad metaphors for what's going on please shut up? You're giving the rest of us that are waiting in line with you a massive headache. Yes... you're those people. The screaming children in the concessions stand line. The people who get to the very front of the line at the box office THEN argue about what movie to see, and what time.

We're all in line. We'll all get in. Chill the hell out already, you'll enjoy the show more when it starts.

Would you people arguing about bad metaphors for what's going on please shut up? You're giving the rest of us that are waiting in line with you a massive headache. Yes... you're those people. The screaming children in the concessions stand line. The people who get to the very front of the line at the box office THEN argue about what movie to see, and what time.

We're all in line. We'll all get in. Chill the hell out already, you'll enjoy the show more when it starts.

You do realise you used 'BAD METAPHOR' yourself? Might want to take a pain killer your headache must be huge.