This que is horrible

Babyduck

I think they are attempting to avoid the servers, and login servers from being slammed so hard they go offline. I think perhaps they are trying too hard to work up to a perfect launch.

In one way I can't blame them, when you look at the history of MMO launches, alot of them have been poor experiences. Maybe they are striving for perfection, and eventually after launch is done, they might be tweaking their way of doing things to be even better.

I don't know...I just have this sense that they are probably working at it too hard.

I second this...bioware is probably airing on the cautious side...trying there best to make this launch as smooth as humanly possible. If you look at biowares history they tend to take a longer time then many polishing there products and having been in the beta since december(2010) this is just my guess. They are preaty nervous i would imagine of having a bad bug infested crash fest of a launch sooo they are taking it slow. Not saying i agree or not but i dont really care if i hafta wait a few more days.

This is new territory for bioware and it may take them a little while to adjust. Just dont count them out yet though.

Edited by KillerJak

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao I got warned for sarcastically mocking the flamers who bash bioware!

How dare I make fun of the idiots who can't wait a few days and feel the need to viciously insult the devs!! What was I thinking!?

Teach me to side with the game maker on the game maker's site, it will. From now on I'll be a nasty, thoughtless, vicious troll like everyone else, then I'll be sure to draw the moderators love and admiration.

I know I know, I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here, but c'mon! I DEFEND Bioware and I get the warning!? way to treat ppl...

You need to cancel your preorder like I did. Put your money where your mouth is.... and not only that.... ask that they do the right thing here and allow EQUAL ACCESS for everyone... reset ALL SERVERS on the 19th at 2359.

Really? I mean BA offers early access to people (a $5.00 charge) and people are ************. I myself am not in yet and am looking forward to being able to play (was part of 2 betas and loved it). People, the game does not launch until the 20th...get over yourselves! If you get to get in early...at a $5.00 charge...awesome. If not, well they did say "up to 5 days early".

Either get a life...or get out. Either way, quit complaining.

Wow you just read this thread and duh so many very smart people.. well the INTERNET cant lie and were playing a MMO or solo game not sure yet. If your as smart as the text reads you are .. why are you in the this thread? Sorry your no one.. and just saying anything different wont help. I am here because I read "que" wasn't sure what the OP meant.

So I came here killing time someone was in the John in the white house.

All I want is bigger maps, more sounds.. TONS more EU players (best ever) and a companion that does not TALK so much or puts me down..

OMG LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.. I feel it.. its there..

Edited by Dosblade

No you haven´t. You haven´t been invited to the queue yet. If you go to a concert without a ticket, you get to stand outside. simple fact.

Except he has a ticket, and a seat number, but he hasnt been told what seat number it is, and he hasnt been allowed to watch the pregame show (that is included with his ticket purchase)

the concert isnt going. the band hasnt arrived. they arrive on the 20th

Funny, I bought a ticket to see Nickelback - the pre-show consists of Coldplay and Shinedown....

Shinedown is playing, but because my ticket purchase was at the door I cannot get in to see the acts before Nickelback even though they are included with the ticket purchase.

we fail to understand what exactly? Early Access UP to 5 days was a value added to the service. Are you not going to get Early Game Access? Everyone was expecting to the invites to start rolling out on the 15th, they added to extra days. You get what you paid for, and what you paid for was the right to get in before others who did not pre-order the game for UP to 5 days. So please tell me, what were you promised when you pre-ordered the game that you didn't get that you are being vocal about?

Let me be very straight and to the point - when I preordered, there was the following statement:

"You could get up to 5 days early access"

There was no clarification (no, not even in a damned disclaimer) about how they were deeming the early access to be granted. Being of a LOGICAL mind, I figured that they would do so based on preorder date. I said immediately that staggered early access is lame and would cause a huge uproar - you get special bonuses for preordering, early access is to allow those that preorder the ability to GET THE F OUT OF THE STARTING ZONES so they dont have to fight for spawns/quests/etc.

I will say it again - staggered early game access was STATED BY BIOWARE AS AN EVENT TO REDUCE STRESS ON THE SERVERS... NOT for allowing people in earlier than others. Read the release/posts where Reid STATED the reasons for the staggered access (which are all bull$ anyway).

Originally Posted by Wikrosa

No you haven´t. You haven´t been invited to the queue yet. If you go to a concert without a ticket, you get to stand outside. simple fact.

[/Quote]

The genius of this statement is AMAZING.

From M-W

Queue:

2 : a waiting line especially of persons or vehicles

You stand outside in what ... a line perhaps?

Phew, from the title I thought this was about login queues. Had a bad experience with Rift at launch and thought, oh no not again.

I don't mind waiting to get invited. But I'll freak if I get those 2.5hr login queues again where you wait for 2.5hrs, get in the game and then crash to desktop after 10 minutes.....reboot and wait for 2 hrs again in the login queue.....cry:mad:

You cant get there 5 days ahead and expect them to let you in.

No, but the concert doesnt last for years and years either.... and the opening acts dont last for days

Use some common sense when relating one thing to another - you CAN get to a concert 5-7 hours before the concert starts and wait for them to open the doors... TO EVERYONE, BEFORE the concert starts.

Simple customer service.

I wouldn't mind the waves so much if the servers were packed with long queue waiting lines. However the servers are almost all only lightly populated, only one PvE server is heavy pop with a few others at standard.

Yeah? So you'd rather have long queues and crowded starting areas. If that's the experience you want, then wait and play at midnight on the 20th, when the retail launch begins. They've already stated their intentions for EGA and those intentions aren't to stress test the servers. They know what they are doing and people are just going to have to either kick a can down the road or quit complaining.

not knowing when EA starts is terribel. I wasted a few days vacation + half of my guild is allready over lvl 40. thank u bioware

order ur code/ game sooner and then guess what u would be in game with ur buddys and a lvl 40 also . see how that works . the option was there why not use it. hehehehehe

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

Disagreed. This launch is smooth and above expectations.

Now go buy christmas presents and do something useful while you wait in line for your turn to play.

I'm been involved in multiple MMOs since the beta of Ultima Online.

This is by far the smoothest and smartest launch I've seen. Though it's not really a launch I guess. They're filling servers smartly.

They're probably lowering the cap on certain servers to try and convince people to go to other servers while they watch population levels.

And by the way, I'm not even in the game yet. Get a life, go outside, go for a jog... do something...

But the crying? Pretty tired of it.

its like this. i posted this in a few other threads.

Billy: But mom why does Sally get to play with the ball first?

Mom: Because she got it first. You can play with it in 10 min.

Billy: But i dont care. I want to play with the ball now!

Mom: I'm sorry Billy. You will just have to wait. Why don't you go play with your lego for now and in 10 min you will be able to play with the ball.

Actually it's like this:

Mike: I bought this ticket to see the Patriots, it includes a free meal!

Jason: So did I! I got in 3 hours ago, been walking around enjoying the stadium

Mike: But I bought the same ticket you did! Why am I being told I have to wait outside for 2 more hours!?!?

Jason: Because I am good and bought my ticket a month ago, while you bought yours two days ago! HAHAH NOOB!