This que is horrible

Babyduck

Half the community is in a 36+ hour queue. Random crashes are just fine by me.

Have you entered your credit card info? Have you purchased the full game? Are you subscribed? No, because the game has not launched yet. On the 21st, if you aren't in, fine. It's not even the 15th yet. UP TO FIVE DAYS! We had 2 extras to accommodate more people, but it's still BONUS days.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you entered your credit card info? Have you purchased the full game? Are you subscribed? No, because the game has not launched yet. On the 21st, if you aren't in, fine. It's not even the 15th yet. UP TO FIVE DAYS! We had 2 extras to accommodate more people, but it's still BONUS days.

Whatever it takes to justify it in your mind, ok.

I see someone does /random

Some people use the same names across mmos. It is not always one that would see in a book or movie.

That .."getting your name" thing kills me..I laugh my face off every time I see that.

First off, when they say that ...it's a name they saw in a book, a movie, another game..etc.

It is pretty much..NOT THEIR NAME..never ever belonged to them, it belongs to the author that created it.

Suggestion: (I never have my names stolen in any game ever...I'll tell you my secret)

There's this thing called imagination...and then there's this thing called a brain. The brain uses imagination..and dreams up all kinds of wonderful things..even...fantasy names for MMORPGS.. go figure. :p

Ok I'll quit being a smart@ss now...

Just want to say an imagination and a brain are terrible things to waste....

That .."getting your name" thing kills me..I laugh my face off every time I see that.

First off, when they say that ...it's a name they saw in a book, a movie, another game..etc.

It is pretty much..NOT THEIR NAME..never ever belonged to them, it belongs to the author that created it.

Suggestion: (I never have my names stolen in any game ever...I'll tell you my secret)

There's this thing called imagination...and then there's this thing called a brain. The brain uses imagination..and dreams up all kinds of wonderful things..even...fantasy names for MMORPGS.. go figure. :p

Ok I'll quit being a smart@ss now...

Just want to say an imagination and a brain are terrible things to waste....

+1 Most of my names have never been taken, in any game. A little creativity will guarantee you get the name you want.

Quit yer whining.

I pre-ordered on july 21st. Forgot to enter my code in at the time and finally entered it in November. If ANYONE should be complaining about early access, I should, but I'm not. Did you not see the thing that said "...may get up to 5 days..." That means it can be anywhere from 1 to 5 days. we are still outside of the 5 day window. Technically nobody should be in game yet. And launch day is the day you can actually BUY the game in stores(pre-orders are still PRE-launch orders).

I can't understand how anyone who was a part of any launch before can say this is the worst. They did this specifically to avoid the situations like in other launches. WoW Massive queues, then crashed servers(some for more than a day). Galaxies didn't even launch on it's advertised launch day And wasn't even finished then. And I was in the launch of Anarchy Online. If that is the kind of launch you want, have at it... MONTHS with massive bugs and servers crashing more often than NASCAR at Bristol. Then of course there's Vangard... Yeah.... WEEKS of instability, crashes, LOADS of down time. It was so bad I finally just quit altogether.

your complaining now lol fail

Centauri: Return the money! Are you delirious? Do you know how long it to invent the games? To merchandise them? To get them in the stores by Christmas?

The amusing thing about this, it's all a big mistake. That particular Starfighter game was supposed to be delivered to Vegas, not some fleaspeck trailer park in the middle of tumbleweeds and tarantulas. So it must be fate, destiny, blind chance, luck even, that brings us together. And as the poet said, the rest is history.

The amusing thing about this, it's all a big mistake. That particular Starfighter game was supposed to be delivered to Vegas, not some fleaspeck trailer park in the middle of tumbleweeds and tarantulas. So it must be fate, destiny, blind chance, luck even, that brings us together. And as the poet said, the rest is history.

A mobile cave that never went anywhere. Fascinating.

I see someone does /random

Some people use the same names across mmos. It is not always one that would see in a book or movie.

I have been around the block a few times...MOST times it is, OR it's a name that would be easy enough to copy, like Dick or Jane or Smith or Jones. So again, be wise, invent a name and use that.

I have oodles of names I have INVENTED. Current one I am using? I invented it..took parts of words put them together ..voila (and yes that is spelled voila, meaning there it is)

I use my invented names across many games, but I have so many that people would have to know them beforehand to recognize that it's me :D

I have been around the block a few times...MOST times it is, OR it's a name that would be easy enough to copy, like Dick or Jane or Smith or Jones. So again, be wise, invent a name and use that.

I have oodles of names I have INVENTED. Current one I am using? I invented it..took parts of words put them together ..voila (and yes that is spelled voila, meaning there it is)

I use my invented names across many games, but I have so many that people would have to know them beforehand to recognize that it's me :D

Off topic

However, I find a gold mine of names in Greek and Egyptian mythology.

Someone in previous game sees your name. Likes it, and uses it next mmo.... As you stated many people are not original....

I wish the dev team was as diligent at getting pre-orders in asap as the mod teams are closing and cleaning up threads.

Hey folks,

We've gone ahead and removed a significant number of off-topic replies in this thread.

As a gentle reminder, please keep the discussion on-topic with regards to the intent of the original post. Thanks all. :)

ThIS....IS EARLY ...ACCESS, not the official launch.

Say it with me...Early Access, Early Access.

Why are people having such a time understanding this?

Official SWTOR launch is December 20, 2011.

So, since this is not a launch, can we just have all the characters deleted on the 20th?

Someone in previous game sees your name. Likes it, and uses it next mmo.... As you stated many people are not original....

Could be, but hasn't happened yet. :) I am sure I don't have a stalker that plays absolutely every game I play. And I change up my names often..so just like passwords, no problem there. :)

So, since this is not a launch, can we just have all the characters deleted on the 20th?

If that is your wish go ahead and delete your character.

Early Access means Headstart ...headstart you get to keep your characters, same as any other headstart/ early access program that other new releases have. :)

Been there done that many, many, many times.

Early Access or Headstart, does not equate to Official Launch.