First impressions, you only get one Bioware.

shottgun

I love how people are complaining about getting early Access, How many other MMO's do you know of that have let you get a week's head start against everyone else, just chill it is just a game and not to mention a game based on one of the most popular sci-fi movie realms of all time, give it a chance people MMO launches are never smooth.

LOL how many other games? It's a common advertising ploy nowadays. If not early access, then a free expansion, or special gift. This is just like any other MMO so far as your "bonus" goes. It's not really a bonus, it's a way to get you to guarantee BW money now.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The least bioware could have done was to tell us when we were going to get in. I know a lot of people who got up early and took off of work to play... and well, they dont even know when they will be able to start playing lol.

LOL, you know a lot of impulsive, illinformed idiots then.

This launch is fail.

Considering you are deriving your opinion based on the impusive, illinformed actions of your idiot friends I can only conclude you are an idiot as well.

In a week you will read about how they had a terrible launch for an MMORPG.

I think most of this community would agree to having server ques and lag as opposed to an unknown wait time.

The least bioware could have done was to tell us when we were going to get in. I know a lot of people who got up early and took off of work to play... and well, they dont even know when they will be able to start playing lol.

This launch is fail.

That's what you think. I prefer to patiently wait, and log in when I'm scheduled with few issues over having to be person 100000 in queue...

I'll let you know my first impression of TOR's launch on the 20th, when it actually launches. My first impression of the Early Access period however is that i don't envy Bioware for having to put up with so many people with entitlement issues.

Ding, Ding. We have a winner.

I think most of this community would agree to having server ques and lag as opposed to an unknown wait time.

This launch is fail.

You fail obviously, your inability to process information is hardly Bioware's/EAs fault. You'll receive an email when you're eligible for logging onto the server, what's hard to understand?

or to those who don't mind being manhandled by corporate america ...

Personally my first impression is that there is a supreme lack of communication between bw/ea and players regarding early access. They've changed so many aspects about the early access, without really informing players before-hand.

Edit: To clarify, i'm not whining. Simply making an observation. The op asked for a first impression.

this!

+1

This launch is fail.

Getting up early and taking time off work to "maybe" play a game even when it was pointed out that first day access may not be possible is their own fault.

This launch is fail.

If you took off work to play a video game based on early access, that has been stated numerous times will be in waves based on pre-order code redemption date.., you fail.

So much entitlement on the forums and it's only the first day of EA...wow

This type of launch is bad .... I am sorry but it just is...

Ok so my roommate got in the second wave and has gotten my names on the servers I wanted ... but ... I truly wonder just how many people are actually playing and how many are just going around reserving names .... the true test will be tonight after the kids get home from school and the rest of us from work ....

Yea I was there the day we crashed swg on launch but ... it was the same for everyone we all had a chance ... if they were going to take the date you got your preorder code entered they should have said so from the start ... and now if they don't get all that have preordered in by thursday then the current preorder vid is not correct and is falce advertising as it says that you might get 5 days of early access and well if none do then they are poof well anyways .... Roomate is in ... thx for that ... Bad thing is I will be many days different in age and well we had planned on lvling together now i will just have to work harder to pass her ... and there will be no looking back

The staggering of early access has always been the plan. It was posted on the site when pre-ordering went live. If you pre-ordered through another company (I went through EA itself so I don't have to stand in a line at midnight in December) and didn't then bother to read anything written about it here on the fourms, then you're at fault. Not Bioware.

That being said --- Bioware is giving us early access two days early. Even though they didn't have to. They could have continued on with the status quo.

That speaks volumes to me. I will happily wait till my email comes, happily log in when its my time, and happily enjoy the "f" out of this game. ;p

As for leveling with your friend... why not just ask her to wait? Or you know, ask her to not level said leveling-with-you toon? All of that isn't a Bioware failing, its a life-failing. Being mad at a company that told you half a year ago that they were going to be staggering early access because your friend got in and you haven't/have but are at work is just silly. :p

The staggering of early access has always been the plan. It was posted on the site when pre-ordering went live. If you pre-ordered through another company (I went through EA itself so I don't have to stand in a line at midnight in December) and didn't then bother to read anything written about it here on the fourms, then you're at fault. Not Bioware.

That being said --- Bioware is giving us early access two days early. Even though they didn't have to. They could have continued on with the status quo.

That speaks volumes to me. I will happily wait till my email comes, happily log in when its my time, and happily enjoy the "f" out of this game. ;p

As for leveling with your friend... why not just ask her to wait? Or you know, ask her to not level said leveling-with-you toon? All of that isn't a Bioware failing, its a life-failing. Being mad at a company that told you half a year ago that they were going to be staggering early access because your friend got in and you haven't/have but are at work is just silly. :p

LOL ppl will be silly...nothing we can do but sit back and enjoy it

How is your first impression of the game and launch? There seems to be alot of disgruntled players on the boards today because of speculation.

My impression? they are doing the right things, for the game to have a great launch.

This launch is fail.

How about instead of depriving yourself of sleep or calling into work you actually, you know, go on with your life and stop focusing it around a video game launch in which you WERE NOT, promised day one access but just a possibility of it.

May have been wise. Who knows!? You may have been in after work instead of on the forums expressing how maaaaaaad you are.

Edited by Tigerr

Anyone calling the launch is a fail is either an ungrateful child, a moron, or a time traveller!

This is NOT launch people. This is some EARLY ACCESS

Bioware was nice enough to allow some people who have pre-ordered the game EARLY ACCESS. Initially pre-ordering did not even come with this morsel attached, and a pre-orders purpose is so that one has a game ON LAUNCH DAY lol.

This isn't launch. All those bitter people out there crying foul simply cause they can't read is ludicrous. Recently we were promised UP TO <- (Key words) 5 days of Early Access. They then did expand the window so the early access started today.

Some of us will get 5+ days of early access, some might only get 1. We ALL will have the game and ready to play on LAUNCH. Such is life, now stop crying, do your chores, and put on your big boy/girl pants until you get to play.

As with any first impression, there are pluses and there are minuses.

PLUS:

-When the final details of how the EA was going to be conducted was solidified, they did everything according to that plan. They stuck to their guns, the forums are back up, people are being emailed when they could log in and it's taking place on the 13th.

MINUS:

-Staggering EA is not a bad idea, however, the email system is remarkably clumsy. It would make little difference as to server stability if people were informed before hand when they would be able to log in, and make all possible complaints of scheduling a non-issue. A simple fix to a customer satisfaction problem and they didn't take it. Curious.

-Despite staggering being the "ideal" solution to healthy servers, they still lost a couple which does not give me much hope for when my play time overlaps with when people get home from work.

Or to those who don't mind being manhandled by corporate America ...

Personally my first impression is that there is a supreme lack of communication between BW/EA and players regarding early access. They've changed so many aspects about the early access, without really informing players before-hand.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not whining. Simply making an observation. The OP asked for a first impression.

I havent noticed any changes in the plan other than earlier access and more and more detail as to how they are handling the rolling starts.

How is your first impression of the game and launch? There seems to be alot of disgruntled players on the boards today because of speculation.

Its because they didn't get into the launch today.

A good analogy would be like going to a restaurant, winning a free dinner, then complaining about it being unfair and the restaurant sucks because you didn't get free drinks also.

Its because they didn't get into the launch today.

A good analogy would be like going to a restaurant, winning a free dinner, then complaining about it being unfair and the restaurant sucks because you didn't get free drinks also.

Uh... that does kind of suck. Drinks should be included with a free dinner at a restaurant. Drinks should be part of your meal...