I saw a lvl 12 on Illum today

Sturhm

wondered what a low lvl was doing there i oberserved him a few mins, as i recall some thread not long ago about ppl crying about being banned from going there as low level.

anyway this one was actually farming security chest that spawned right next to him.

as he was controlled by macro or some botting program i succeeded in looting it first, then when he tried he instead targeted a nearby mob shot it and got killed.

Frequently he was turning a little bit, then just stand still again waiting.

I cant see how this should not be an exploit, so reported and hope something is done about it.

In case it is no exploit i still find it very wrong and hope it is dealt with.

This was clearly chest farming and nothing else....stay alert, i bet chineese sales are gonna open up soon :mad:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still forbbiden to go there when you don't meet the level requirements in the area.

Good thing that you reported :)

Ignore this as it was proven to be false. Also if anyone can find the sticky where they explained why they did do the bans, please post the link!

Edited by Faythz

Botting should absolutely be banned.

However, risking your low level neck to get some high level quests should be perfectly acceptable.

I love running my level 19 JK through Corellia seeing just how far I make it before getting smeared by high level mobs....

If he was a bot and farming using a macro then yea report them.

Other then that, people who go to this planet to farm nodes aren't doing anything wrong.

The issue is poor game design. banning people because you allow players to freely do this without using any exploits is dumb. Don't punish people because they are smarter then you, fix your damn game.

It's still forbbiden to go there when you don't meet the level requirements in the area.

Well I dont agree with botter scum - BUT - to say its forbidden to go where you dont meet "level requirements" is the biggest bunch of BS I have EVER read regarding an MMO.

If people agree with this policy they have NO RIGHT playing an mmo and should stick to single player games with no opportunity for exploration or risk/reward. Pathetic policy.

Lol, not it's not. You can go to high level areas anytime. The only thing that's illegal is camping chests as a low level in an area you're not supposed to be, as farmers (chinese or otherwise) would just make level 1s and warp to high level areas to farm.

It's still forbidden to go there when you don't meet the level requirements in the area.

?? are you serious..is this in the TOS?? i did actually read them and didn't see anything about forbidding you from exploring the game at whatever level you are...if so thats complete BS...

your saying bioware doesn't allow space exploration?? what if your on a rp server and you have a jedi padawn...:D or sith apprentice..?? and their going along with you but their lower lvl and their there to be with you on your missions and follow by your side...??? they would be penalized??? i think you need to get your facts right...

but in fact if that is true forgive me.... otherwise im pretty sure its not forbidden to go to a planet before your in lvl range...

as he was controlled by macro or some botting program i succeeded in looting it first, then when he tried he instead targeted a nearby mob shot it and got killed.

It's when people use this type of ignorance that we can't have nice things. Macros aren't what you think they are. Macros don't play your char for you. Macros don't allow people to bot. Macros don't do anything the game developer doesn't want you to do.

The level 12 in question is more likely a gold farmer who's directly controlling that char among others. OR it is being controlled by a dedicated external program that simulates pre-reforded user input.

This has nothing to do with macros. I really wish people would stop associating them with this type of activity.

I remember couple announcements ago they were forbidding any characters who don't belong there to stay away or they would receive an account warning.

?? are you serious..is this in the TOS?? i did actually read them and didn't see anything about forbidding you from exploring the game at whatever level you are...if so thats complete BS...

your saying bioware doesn't allow space exploration?? what if your on a rp server and you have a jedi padawn...:D or sith apprentice..?? and their going along with you but their lower lvl and their there to be with you on your missions and follow by your side...??? they would be penalized??? i think you need to get your facts right...

but in fact if that is true forgive me.... otherwise im pretty sure its not forbidden to go to a planet before your in lvl range...

You are mistaken, anywhere in the game you can get with legit means, that is, your ship is fine. Though if you don't have a ship yet, and are running around on Balmora or Ilum, then you have an issue.

Your misinformation makes you look ignorant.. or straight up like you are pushing negative propaganda.

Doh my bad, you were quoting someone else and in turn I quoted your quote of someone else's quote of a quote that was quoted before i quoted your quote of your quoting of someone else's quote.

Edited by Vassaggo

It's when people use this type of ignorance that we can't have nice things. Macros aren't what you think they are. Macros don't play your char for you. Macros don't allow people to bot. Macros don't do anything the game developer doesn't want you to do.

The level 12 in question is more likely a gold farmer who's directly controlling that char among others. OR it is being controlled by a dedicated external program that simulates pre-reforded user input.

This has nothing to do with macros. I really wish people would stop associating them with this type of activity.

Quoting so this doesn't get lost.

Macros != cheating/botting.

If you're complaining against macros, you probably have no idea what they do or how to use them; people fear what they don't understand.

Lol, not it's not. You can go to high level areas anytime. The only thing that's illegal is camping chests as a low level in an area you're not supposed to be, as farmers (chinese or otherwise) would just make level 1s and warp to high level areas to farm.

Yeah, I know that it sounds silly. There was a sticky on general when they did ban people camping these boxes. I wish I could find it but I cannot.. People did get banned even if they didin't bot. They just were not meant to be there at that level.

If you can find the sticky for me and prove that I'm wrong, please do so. I don't want to spread BS. D: