The Truth About MMO's: SWTOR > WoW

Thamelas

YOUR WORLD:

We should compare every product in the world and eliminate inferior products until we have just 1 of each thing!!

1 MMO, 1 car, 1 Band, 1 Movie, 1 flavour of ice cream, 1 sport.

MY WORLD:

We have many products and decide which ones we like, and different people may like differnt things.

:cool:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my game has more players so it is obviously superior and will crush you... and your mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FARMVILLE IS ON IT"S WAY TO GLOBAL DOMINATION OF THE HUMAN RACE

opps my crops are done gotta go :p

yeah I know farmville is unstoppable, it's like the game-equivalent of google. and google scares me (yes I use chrome and android...)

WoW's subscriber numbers is super inflated by its ASIAN client, they account for nearly 80-90% of the 11millions subscribers

Altho the Ni Hao comunity is quite large, its not near 80+%.

they waved the ban hammer at them and with the downwards spiral it went into already they account for 2 mil. but then again i also think they stopped counting active subscibers for active accounts, for examle that would still include me altho i have not played for a year and have not paid.

that to keep the share holders happy.

also the action to subscripe for a year, and get diablo 3 free. smells like we are but afraid to lose more players to either D3 or other games.

so yes i think WoW is in more trouble then most think, but still even if they have like 50% of what they claim to have its still way bigger then any mmo, and chances are that even the combined of the other mmos is less then 50% of the claims by blizzard.

but there will only be one wow killer and that is Blizzard.

If WoW secretly only has 2,000,000 subscribers, then SWTOR must have like 14

Lol... I never understood why some ppl claim they dislike something, but stay around, pee's their pant and cries like baby about how that something sux . So you canceled that's great, now go to the game forum that you didnt cancel and pee your pants and cry there troll.

Edited by kingzsun

I don't get why people think WoW players from Asia or China don't count, are they sub or non-human???

That being said, WoW still has over 10 million players who play it on a regular basis, and that number will only increase come next expansion.

Deal with it.

If WoW secretly only has 2,000,000 subscribers, then SWTOR must have like 14

Please continue subscribing at least for another month! No doubt we can do a fundraiser to get you the $15.

On topic, as far as I know there are a little over 1 million active accounts for TOR (bioware's own statement) and if we had reached 2 million they would have no doubt told us so that is still quite a bit short of wow, not that numbers matter.

I don't get why people think WoW players from Asia or China don't count, are they sub or non-human???

That being said, WoW still has over 10 million players who play it on a regular basis, and that number will only increase come next expansion.

Deal with it.

Because SWTOR hasn't released in Asia yet, so you can't compare subscriber numbers where one has a wider reach

Lets take a look again in about 6 months.

I honestly think it will be same old same old again at that time when Bliz made their moves with D3 and MoP. That beeing:

WoW

Swtor

Rift

Aion

Warhammer

.All the other f2p games.

And somewhere in between gw2.

Edited by Anelitt

Remember that Blizzard count all trial accounts being made aswell

No they don't.

This is what they count:

World of Warcraft’s Subscriber Definition

World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules.

SWTOR doesn't compare to WoW outside of 'levelling' and 'number of cinematics' so the comparison is dumb. WoW is, and always has been, about end game competitiveness. SWTOR has no end game, at least no end game that is worthwhile. There's just no way SWTOR will ever match WoW in terms of end game mechanics and accessibility, and when 4.3.2 comes out with the cross-realm battle.net raiding, I expect a lot of subscriptions to be renewed.

right cuz raiding with random ppl and being ninja looted by random ppl gona make it better...

NOT.

Here's a fact. A lot of people are throwing around statements how this game will never be as big as WoW. Well I've got some bad news for you. It its almost already equal. That's right!

The fact is that Blizzard is bleeding subs like a sieve. Also add in the fact that the majority of Blizzard's player numbers are from Asia. Also add to this that Blizzard inflates their numbers with creative accounting. Even during the days of its highest popularity, it only had maybe 2 to 4 million US subs, and MAYBE the same in Europe.

So with that said, given WoW's decline, I am willing to bet that SWTOR, as of right now, is on track to meet and surpass WoW in US and European subscribers.

Reference: http://daeity.blogspot.com/2010/08/blizzards-active-subscription-numbers.html

OOPS FAIL.... SEE BELOW

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/

simple fact 25% less people logging in since go live and the free time has not even run out yet.... Expect a large drop off as well once the 21st comes...

What these graphs say (even taking into account seasonal adjustment the trend continued downward over the xmas period) is the trend is straight down and thats still in the free play period...

This means that after the initial 2 million bought 500k are no longer logging in

The game is unfortunately tanking...

Here's a fact. A lot of people are throwing around statements how this game will never be as big as WoW. Well I've got some bad news for you. It its almost already equal. That's right!

The fact is that Blizzard is bleeding subs like a sieve. Also add in the fact that the majority of Blizzard's player numbers are from Asia. Also add to this that Blizzard inflates their numbers with creative accounting. Even during the days of its highest popularity, it only had maybe 2 to 4 million US subs, and MAYBE the same in Europe.

So with that said, given WoW's decline, I am willing to bet that SWTOR, as of right now, is on track to meet and surpass WoW in US and European subscribers.

Reference: http://daeity.blogspot.com/2010/08/blizzards-active-subscription-numbers.html

Yeah, I see where you're goin with that, but no. Try again in a few months.

Rofl. Am not a wow fanboy but swtor has a long way to go before it will be even equal to wow. But I understand you're level 1-20, so I'll cut you some slack.

I doubt what you are saying. I'm currently subscribed on both WoW and SWTOR. That being said, WoW still has a playerbase higher than 2mil. I have been mainly focusing SWTOR lately though. I log in WoW only when I have a raid.

SWTOR doesn't compare to WoW outside of 'levelling' and 'number of cinematics' so the comparison is dumb. WoW is, and always has been, about end game competitiveness. SWTOR has no end game, at least no end game that is worthwhile. There's just no way SWTOR will ever match WoW in terms of end game mechanics and accessibility, and when 4.3.2 comes out with the cross-realm battle.net raiding, I expect a lot of subscriptions to be renewed.

Of course it wont, because WoW is forever and SWTOR will never make End-Game content like the End-Game content scheduled for release in the 1.1 :rolleyes:

Yeah, I see where you're goin with that, but no. Try again in a few months.

yea wow never had 12 mill us subs, or us and euro subs. A huge chunk of that was china. Does WoW still boast an enormous amount of subs? without a doubt. Will WoW continue to boast an enormous amount of subs? Um, no. That game is old. It wont just suddenly fizzle but I think its on its way out. It wont come as a shock when either swtor or gw2 players outnumber WoWs but it really is just its age killing WoW, not swtor.