Expand OPEN World PVP On PVP Servers

-Fenix

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a PVE er mostly .... Then why am I posting here ?

To agree with the OP. There should be a clear difference between PvP and PvE servers ! This difference is what will insure that each group plays with like minded poeples.

Good thread

2 thumbs up

I support this too. Ive grown up with Dark Age of Camelot FFA servers Mordred and Andred then RvR. Its the best thing it can happen to us.

Only one server would be a 2nd choice if you guys think ALL is not an option. Give the rest of us to play the game how we want.

Thanks.

/signed

Open World PVP is where it's at... screw the WoWish instanced crap... gets old and boring in a day.

I swear, to this day, no one has been able to recreate the glory of the king who invented objective based open world RVR/PVP, which was DAoC...

Hopefully SWTOR can change this.

Amen brother!

Although for all the hardcore talk I have heard on these boards few have mentioned the most hardcore PvP MMO of all. Ultima Online.....to kill someone, steal all their ****, AND kill their horse. Well that was just down right dispicable.

Amen brother!

Although for all the hardcore talk I have heard on these boards few have mentioned the most hardcore PvP MMO of all. Ultima Online.....to kill someone, steal all their ****, AND kill their horse. Well that was just down right dispicable.

in darkfall you could kill their horse, in town, WHILE THEY WERE RIDING IT

To start off with, Open World PVP is the best there is. Open World PVP should be the main focus for future PVP content, in my opinion, and not instanced PVP. While instanced PVP can be fun, it quickly becomes stale after the upteenth time playing in the same area, doing the same thing. In Open World PVP, truly OPEN, the battles are always different, and can become massive in scale.

Open World PVP is never balanced, but that aspect is what makes it remain exciting. Overcoming an enemy that has superior numbers is very satisfying. Crushing an enemy that has weaker numbers is almost as satisfying. There are no scripted locations that it can take place. Something as simple as a gank can provoke an hour long confrontation between multiple guilds.

Devs, please expand upon OPEN World PVP on PVP servers. Remove the invisible exhaustion walls protecting factional medical centers. Lower the NPC guard numbers and difficulty protecting factional areas. Let there be no safe havens beyond Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. To prevent game-killing camping of medical centers, allow a medical center recall to a safe planet, such as the starter worlds.

PVP servers should stand out from PVE servers by more than merely being constantly flagged. Why worry with being flagged if no one can attack you? There is no penalty for dying in this game, so please open up the PVP on PVP servers.

To all who may post, leave your ganking/camping/griefing complaints to yourself. On a PVP server, those things should be allowed and encouraged, else there be no difference between PVE and PVP servers.

/Signed

In that other popular MMO most of us played our server started what we called Friday Night Fights. A well-known PvP guild from each faction started it with a post on our server's forums.

The general idea is that a random section of the world (equally accessible by both factions) was chosen, a specific goal was used, such as occupy the local quest hub the longest, and both sides battled it out for an hour for a weeks worth of bragging rights.

It might sound dumb to some but it actually attracted most of the serious PvPer and is a ton of fun. And when it comes to PvP, winning is the highest reward.

I plan to organize a similar weekly event on my server (Iron Citadel) once we have server forums and decent numbers of high levels are roaming the universe.

Agreed with OP. I picked a PVE server here on TOR just so I could avoid the open world pvp that many other games have, I'm just not that interested in it. But I can see the appeal and I would think that's the whole point of a PVP server, for non-newbie players to constantly have that pvp risk/opportunity. If this is what most people expect from a PVP server, make it that way!

/signed.

We are not asking for a change to the fundamentals of the game. Just a server or two with a slightly different ruleset on late game worlds.

It was changed in beta, it can be changed back. Why only cater to casual pvpers when it is so easy to cater to both?

There is 2 RP-PVP servers why not 2 OPEN-PVP servers?

I dont support this message... I want more open world PVP on PVE servers too!!!

Lets bring in those PVP lakes with objectives for people to fight over, with easy access between 2 opposing faction quest hubs!! Its not enough to just have PVP flagged, there needs to be focal points where people that want to open world pvp have easy access to each other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.