How to fix the population imbalance in one easy step:

thechimera

We all know that Imperials have far more players than Republic on most/all PvP servers. For some, constant Huttball against other Imperials is fun... but me, I like being able to actually find players from the opposing faction to kill, and I don't like being forced into one warzone every time I queue.

So how to fix it? There's plenty of stuff Bioware needs to do in the long run - revamp Rep armour, quests, some class skills and starting areas (Bored Mantell and Whython with it's flesh raiders...) but here's a simple, quick, short term fix:

Allow Bounty Hunters to switch sides. Hear me out now. When queuing for warzones, Bounty Hunters would be allocated to whichever side had the least amount of people. So if 5 Reps queued and 11 Imps, and 4 of those were BHs... 3 would be put on the Rep side. Lore-wise, it makes as much sense as BHs solely fighting for the Empire in the first place...

As for open-world PvP, they could choose to hunt Imperials as well as Reps - say, you'd flag yourself as "PvP all", during which time you could kill either faction BUT be killed by guards (and players) from either faction.

There's enough people playing Mercs (and even some Powertechs) where this could make a reasonable difference, especially in warzones.

Thoughts?

faction imbalance has nothing to do with the design of rep zones, or their rewards or anything like that.

the "dark" side simply is more appealing.

the imbalance in WoW between Alliance and Horde didnt happen because Alliance had inferior content ...

faction imbalance has nothing to do with the design of rep zones, or their rewards or anything like that.

the "dark" side simply is more appealing.

the imbalance in WoW between Alliance and Horde didnt happen because Alliance had inferior content ...

Alliance outnumbered Horde for most of the game.

Wasn't until you could grind alts or just pay for faction changes that Horde got the numbers.

Contrary to popular belief wow existed before WotLK

Just flip the mirror "flavor" animations so the advantages all fall to Republic instead of all of them falling to Empire.

Population balance restored. People who like the "Feel" of empire too much to switch will stay, and the people who want that slight edge can switch to republic.

Alliance outnumbered Horde for most of the game.

Wasn't until you could grind alts or just pay for faction changes that Horde got the numbers.

Contrary to popular belief wow existed before WotLK

This is a false belief. Alliance only marginally outnumbered Horde and by less than a percent on most servers during vanilla. After they got the blood elves on horde, pretty much every scrub rolled horde.

it will never happen, although i have always wanted them to make a third fraction, of non force users, agains jedi's and sith force users. Realm vs. Realm, like dark ages of camelot did.

But, sadly all the worlds already have two sides only.

Your idea is intriguing though OP, but like I said, there is no way it will ever happen.

What about people with toons on both sides?

then your a hybrid.

not so human, and not so "NoN" human. that can handle some type of light.

but it still burn.. IT BURNS!

Edited by Yamok

then your a hybrid.

not so human, and not so "NoN" human. that can handle some type of light.

but it still burn.. IT BURNS!

It's definitely true of Sith... but I only wanted to go Imperial for the BH and IA - I mean, Chiss, you can't argue that they're cool. Then I realised that the Imperial stories/zones were just... better, and it's getting harder and harder to play my republic characters. :(

Less promoting a site that relies on people using a specific program to actually be useful please. kthanks. Epic fail post is epic fail post. Also, that program logs alts to, which means it doubly fails.

I'm pretty sure the onus is on you at this juncture.

Can't really make an unsubstantiated claim then attack evidence to the contrary with further non substantiated points.

I started out as sith but have recently rolled a republic toon as more than anything i like opvp not hutball, i admit it did annoy me that i cannot send a few credits to this new toon to help out but meh what can you do.

So stop cryign about about it and reroll if you want more balanced servers

I'm pretty sure the onus is on you at this juncture.

Can't really make an unsubstantiated claim then attack evidence to the contrary with further non substantiated points.

It's not an unsubstatiated claim. Seriously, people reaching at this point. That site requires people to have a addon mod, and it logs all characters. I mean it doesn't even take rocket science to figure that out. Especially since it says it there on the site.

This is a false belief. Alliance only marginally outnumbered Horde and by less than a percent on most servers during vanilla. After they got the blood elves on horde, pretty much every scrub rolled horde.

Actually the big reason Alliance outnumbered Horde (and they did, and it was quite significant) was because Alliance had Paladins for their buffs and their Priests had anti-fear shield. Ergo summa raiding was much easier for Alliance than it was for Horde.

I got recruited right out of my Alliance guild when BC came around to play a Paladin for a Horde guild on Mal'Ganis. I was hardly the only one. It was probably the only time Paladins were ever wanted (kidding).

As for SWTOR's faction imbalance problem? It'll resolve itself. The person who said classes are mirrors is an idiot and obviously doesn't have a clue.

It's not an unsubstatiated claim. Seriously, people reaching at this point. That site requires people to have a addon mod, and it logs all characters. I mean it doesn't even take rocket science to figure that out. Especially since it says it there on the site.

The unsubstantiated comes from the fact that you would need to prove that this would bias the information towards whatever it is you think my goal is.

I started out as sith but have recently rolled a republic toon as more than anything i like opvp not hutball, i admit it did annoy me that i cannot send a few credits to this new toon to help out but meh what can you do.

So stop cryign about about it and reroll if you want more balanced servers

Try the Nar Shaddaa market place as soon as you can access it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.