PVP is fine, stop complaining and L2P

wtfnamez

So, allllll these posts with complaints about level 50's, OP classes, premades... it goes on and on.

I have to say, I have 3-4 characters in the 20-30 range and PVP is fine.

More than fine, its great, balanced and well made.

When I am only about level 15+, I can be competitive with end game 50's with thought and teamwork

Have the complainers played an MMO before?

Have you played wow?

Try pvping when you are level 20 against a lvl 85

Try pvping when you are level 40 against a lvl 85

Try pvping when you are level 50 against a lvl 85

You get the idea

Try pvping when you are new level 85 against a lvl 85

You'll get frustrated. You have to hit the end game and spend a month gearing before you can even BEGIN to pvp

Last night I was in a warzone and all of us republic were under 35.

The empire had 3 level 50's and a mix

Guess what... we won through better tactics.

PVP is SWTOR is great, the most balanced I have ever seen and fun to play.

Frustrated? Go try playing wow in open world pvp as a level, say, 40, and then come back and post.

So, allllll these posts with complaints about level 50's, OP classes, premades... it goes on and on.

When I am only about level 15+, I can be competitive with end game 50's with thought and teamwork

Have you played wow?

You get the idea

You'll get frustrated. You have to hit the end game and spend a month gearing before you can even BEGIN to pvp

Frustrated? Go try playing wow in open world pvp as a level, say, 40, and then come back and post.

Well if they fix the cc crap i would be happy, having full resolve bar and still being cc´d to death by a agent and inquisitor. Can add that i had all my dmg reduction cooldowns in use, and broke free once with my 1 min skill just to be ccd again. Edited by Fafnir

Have you played wow?

You get the idea

lol? really?

I was willing to wait for expertise before i made a judgement since i know that scaling is very hard to predict, especially without access to any hard data.

Yet i am 50 and i have almost 400 expertise and operatives can still open on my for 6k. I have been killed in stuns in the past 2 hours even. The way operatives totally wreck you at 50? That's the way they totally wreck you when you are both geared too.

Burst needs a nerf across the board - starting with the operative.

Not even to mention that as a marauder i can't even reliably hit targets that are moving with a 15 percent speed boost or greater. It is really depressing to think how much work went into the pve in this game and how much more needs desperately to be invested in the pvp.

Edited by Yoritomo

Gear based PvP benefits care bears.

Skill based PvP benefits PvPers.

Of course, there should be a mix. Gear shouldn't be completely worthless. Success should be roughly based on 90% skill, and 10% gear. Not the other way around.

I'm almost certainly going to get flamed for this, but PvP in this game simply isn't entertaining. Doesn't matter if you are winning or losing. Gameplay is far too close to simple button mashing. Gear and class imbalances create the illusion of skill gaps, but the gameplay is far too simplistic to require a large "skill" component.

PvE in this game is superb for an MMO, but the PvP is garbage.

Have you played wow?

You get the idea

Sorry boy. Your MMO PvP experience is poor if you think this is fine. There's a reason why MMOs put max levels in their own bracket. If you can't figure out why you have no business even discussing MMO PvP. You specifically mention going vs higher levels in a warzone then you lose your train of thought and start going off on open world PvP which has zero relevance. How do you confuse yourself like that?

Anyways, TOR PvP ranks up there with WoW as the kings of third rate MMO PvP. Remember, there's a reason why games with superior PvP have less players. Most MMO players can't handle meaningless video game death and stay away from them. They go to WoW, Rift, and TOR for simple mode, Lets have even sides and give me a crutch called expertise so I can roll people who haven't been 50 as long as them. Real winners I tell you. Enjoy your winning Charlie.

PS

Been playing PvP MMOs since UO in 97 in more games than you can probably afford so you don't have to ignorantly "***"ume I don't know PvP.

Edited by RedEnsign

Amen! I totally agree! Even at level 13-15 I was rocking most level 30-50's I came across in warzones. They did an EXCELLENT job balancing it! I can make it in the top 3 almost every single round against higher level teams and often get at least one vote for MVP. If you can't, well, maybe you should re-evaluate your tactics a tad.

Gear advantage will only last so long as people start to catch up etc and then everyone will be in the same gear at some stage then it will come down to skill till a new patch releases more pvp. Edited by CobraKOF

True statement. No nerfs. No increase in healing. But, we still need brackets. One for level 50, and one for everyone else.

The one person that has made an intelligent comment

Thanks!

PS

I have been playing MMO's for 13 years. I'll let you do the research on google to figure out what I started with ;)

I was willing to wait for expertise before i made a judgement since i know that scaling is very hard to predict, especially without access to any hard data.

Yet i am 50 and i have almost 400 expertise and operatives can still open on my for 6k. I have been killed in stuns in the past 2 hours even. The way operatives totally wreck you at 50? That's the way they totally wreck you when you are both geared too.

Burst needs a nerf across the board - starting with the operative.

Not even to mention that as a marauder i can't even reliably hit targets that are moving with a 15 percent speed boost or greater. It is really depressing to think how much work went into the pve in this game and how much more needs desperately to be invested in the pvp.

You should have played warhammer. Witch Elves and Witch Hunters could kill you in 2-3 secs if they got the jump on you out of steath.

Have you played wow?

You get the idea

Last time I checked this isn't WoW. But I might be wrong.

SWToR is balanced to a degree. Bioware made damage done by players coincide with the animation. If the player is interrupted from completing the animation the damage isn't done. I don't know how many times I have gone to cast project on my Jedi Shadow and gotten stunned or killed and since the rocks hadn't hit the target yet, the damage was never done. However, the equivalent ability that assassins have is lightning, which strikes instantly. Plus, every scoundrel I've talked to has told me that their ability that is equivalent to operators ability that drains a player's health to nothing doesn't hit near as much.

So I'm not completely disagreeing with you when it comes to how well balanced this game is compared to others. But the fact is the Imperials have faster graphics so their abilities will hit first and always hit, unless that 1% chance to miss kicks in.

I have 3-4 characters in the 20-30 range and PVP is fine.

Hey everyone...the pvp expert says everything is OKAY we just need to learn to play when were not stunned 20% of the time or not getting spammed with 2k-5k hits every 1.5 seconds even though some of us are full champion tank gear...

You should have played warhammer. Witch Elves and Witch Hunters could kill you in 2-3 secs if they got the jump on you out of steath.

I did play WAR and this is exactly what it was like. You'd think mythic would have learned from their own mistakes, but it seems they have not. Sorcs are a combination of frost mages and bright wizards and operatives kill you just as fast as witch elves.

I will not wait 6 months for balance as we had to do in WAR.

Edited by Yoritomo

Well if they fix the cc crap i would be happy, having full resolve bar and still being cc´d to death by a agent and inquisitor. Can add that i had all my dmg reduction cooldowns in use, and broke free once with my 1 min skill just to be ccd again.

Are you talking about roots? Cause that's not a CC that is affected by the resolve bar.

Really? yeah it maybe beat hello kitty. but calling what we do in this game PVP is a joke.

I can't stand what you call PvP - but warzones in TOR are great. It addresses most of what's horrible about MMO PvP in other games.

No one gets one-shot, not even level 10s against valor 60 level 50s. No one gets ganked doing non-PvP activities. These games require actual strategy and teamwork, rather than an in-depth knowledge of the enemy's cooldown timers (though that certainly doesn't hurt). There's no character cost to death and thus no griefing - and yet there is still a penalty to the team's success for dying.

I did play WAR and this is exactly what it was like. You'd think mythic would have learned from their own mistakes, but it seems they have not. Sorcs are a combination of frost mages and bright wizards and operatives kill you just as fast as witch elves.

I will not wait 6 months for balance as we had to do in WAR.

Before the WE nerf, I could kill one with a melee focused shadow warrior if I beat the stun, and got a disarm on it. Then they had to nerf melee SW before they even nerfed the WE.

Hey everyone...the pvp expert says everything is OKAY we just need to learn to play when were not stunned 20% of the time or not getting spammed with 2k-5k hits every 1.5 seconds even though some of us are full champion tank gear...

There aren't even that many scoundrels/operatives to make this a common occurrance. You are just being a girl about it because one class and its mirror stands a chance of killing you.

Quit moaning.

Lol agh the good ole days, I remember that well. It was almost like if u blinked u would miss it and be like ***? Why am I dead? After WH and WE it went to bright wizards destroying groups of people in seconds. Lol

Have you played wow?

You get the idea

OP is Sofa King We Todd Did

wow doesnt allow people to play against levels that far off from one another...

wow also is very smooth at pvp and enjoyable...

in wow you stand a chance and actually come across 1v1 encounters in pvp...

wow doesnt have a lame delay and constant interupts and stuns...its dificult to even know what spells my toon is actually casting!

OP brought up the wow reference. I love SWTOR but hate its pvp aspect and it is not FINE!

You could have made this much shorter.

You could have just said...my epeen is bigger than yours.

Because that about sums up what you have to say....I can do it, therefore I am great, you must suck because you don't like it.

Ever heard of the word subjective?

Apparently not.

Is it perhaps that the WOW players expect to own an army of people one level below them?

SWTOR does not do this and i personally think its great.

It might mean that you have to show teamwork and personal skill to win no matter your glorious gear, level or class.

Yes sir, you are right. Thank you for your intelligence and rational post!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.