What happened to switching AC?

GianBaal

I remember BW stating it will be an option to switch your AC for a very hefty fee, and actually I wait eagerly for it. Not that I don't like my PowerTech (quite the contrary), but I would love to try a merc and see if I like it.

Now you can argue that it is a new class and that i can play one to lvl 50, but it is EXACTLY the same thing i would've to do. Same story, same companions, same laughs (or not), same easter eggs.

So has there been any word if this will come? And if so, when?

I remember BW stating it will be an option to switch your AC for a very hefty fee, and actually I wait eagerly for it. Not that I don't like my PowerTech (quite the contrary), but I would love to try a merc and see if I like it.

Now you can argue that it is a new class and that i can play one to lvl 50, but it is EXACTLY the same thing i would've to do. Same story, same companions, same laughs (or not), same easter eggs.

Hopefully never. Personal opinion, sorry if yhou don't like it.

I'll throw my vote in with the 'please don't' crowd. I am fairly certain they had stated (unless there's an about face in this policy) that the plan is to not have it be changeable.

I expect that somewhere around the second expansion give or take this will be implemented in anyway, but I would like to see that point in time stretched as far back as possible.

The only comments I have ever seen from Devs is a stated intention *not* to allow AC switching. They have, however, said that they plan on introducing Dual Spec at some point.

Do you have a source for this AC Switching proposal? I am skeptical, because they have also always said "Not currently planning" a cash store.

You remembered wrong.

"You may or may not be able to change your Advanced Class, we haven't decided on this one yet. If you can, the cost would be significant. That has not changed."

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/18679-devtracker-highlights-for-the-week-of-april-28

Edited by Kourage

I want some kind of middle ground,

perhaps let you change as much as you want up to level 20 so you can get a feel for which one you'd prefer. But then force you to lock a decision so it isn't just a total crapshoot if you're trying for a role you've never been.

I think that this would be an interesting option. If they did actually make it, there should be a two change limit.

I don't see the issue with this other than a bunch of "CHOICES MUST HAVE CONSEQUENCES" people screaming about how it's gamebreaking. It'll probably never happen, but we can always hope.

Edited by Knickerus

I think that this would be an interesting option. If they did actually make it, there should be a two change limit.

I don't see the issue with this other than a bunch of "CHOICES MUST HAVE CONSEQUENCES" people screaming about how it's gamebreaking. It'll probably never happen, but we can always hope.

It's a video game. If you want choices to matter get married and make babies. The choices you make in a video game are trivial at best.

I don't see what all the fear is around what other people do with their characters. It's nobody else's business what I do with my characters. They are mine. I paid for them.

It's a video game. If you want choices to matter get married and make babies. The choices you make in a video game are trivial at best.

I don't see what all the fear is around what other people do with their characters. It's nobody else's business what I do with my characters. They are mine. I paid for them.

Agreed.

Advanced classes are like classes in any other game. Honestly to me it's like taking a level 50 priest and saying you want him to be a druid.

I was against AC swicthing till I played the game and realized it plays identical for both Sith Inq AC's. Same story, same pets, same quests, same stats/gear(for the most part) infact im having trouble coming up with anything that IS different aside from the lightsaber types =/

They SHOULD be able to switch when all that is considered, now if it affected your story that different but turns out it does not.

Edited by WutsInAName

I was against AC swicthing till I played the game and realized it plays identical for both Sith Inq AC's. Same story, same pets, same quests, same stats/gear(for the most part) infact im having trouble coming up with anything that IS different aside from the lightsaber types =/

They SHOULD be able to switch when all that is considered, now if it affected your story that different but turns out it does not.

If you play them the same you are playing one of them wrong. they get different talent trees (yes even the shared tree is different between the two), different attacks, different ranges on shared attacks and even essentially a different resource pool.

The story is not the same you pick your choices and I can confirm that when you get to Act 1 and you make your choices they make the overall story change.

Sorry saying that the story same is Bologna unless you are picking the exact same choices throughout the entire story.

Also what about a SIth Marauder and Sith Juggernaut? They wear different armor so doing this would remove most of his gear.

Advanced classes are like classes in any other game. Honestly to me it's like taking a level 50 priest and saying you want him to be a druid.

Exactly. Make up your mind what you want to do with you char and donot cry later if you made the wrong choice. Dual specs may come to past, but it may only be within your advance class section, as there are differences within the advance class on how to play your char.