Do you support an in game version of Recount. Please give reasons for your answer.

Israel

See my other reply, but in short.. If LSU lose, LSU watch tapes and see where they need to improve. At the same time, Bama are looking at how LSU played and changing accordingly.

The raid encounter stays the same, you are stacking in your favor all the time to ensure a win == cheating.

Eh.. so basically you're saying that if you improve your performance against a raid boss, you are treating the raid boss unfair because the game AI didn't get a chance to improve?

I think I'm confused now..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh.. so basically you're saying that if you improve your performance against a raid boss, you are treating the raid boss unfair because the game AI didn't get a chance to improve?

I think I'm confused now..

I'm saying you are stacking the dice in your favor to ensure you win. Which is cheating. Did Bioware give you this ability at launch? No they didn't.

See my other reply, but in short.. If LSU lose, LSU watch tapes and see where they need to improve. At the same time, Bama are looking at how LSU played and changing accordingly.

The raid encounter stays the same, you are stacking in your favor all the time to ensure a win == cheating.

Apparently you didn't watch the game, yes LSU did analyze tape to where they improve but they kept the same game plan cause it worked the first time. The only people that changed a game plan was Bama (like a raid team). A meter telling you what a groups dps,hps, tps and overall damage does nothing but tells a leader who was doing their job and if an enrage timer hit who was not doing there job. That's not cheating, again you are confusing things like DBM with a meter. In WoW most guilds wait a week after a raid release so that DBM updates they blow through the content and then ***** how easy it was. You're trying to compare apples to oranges brah.

I'm saying you are stacking the dice in your favor to ensure you win. Which is cheating. Did Bioware give you this ability at launch? No they didn't.

Did they give you the ability to improve your character? yes that comes with playing the game.

You really need to realize how bad some of your arguments are.

They can crunch their own numbers, but they shouldn't get mine. It's none of their damn business.

If you're in the group they are in, it certainly is their business, especially if you're playing poorly and holding the rest of the group back. If you don't want to contribute to a group, don't join one.

Setanian, you really should just stop.

I know, expecting credibility was asking just too much.

Floor Manager: Boss we caught this guy stacking the cards

Boss: Break his f'in legs

Player: *sniff* But the game is just too difficult to win without me stacking in my favor

Boss: Oh Ok, tell you what, you deal the cards too ok?

Player: Yay, go me. I winnzers the game!

I know, expecting credibility was asking just too much.

Floor Manager: Boss we caught this guy stacking the cards

Boss: Break his f'in legs

Player: *sniff* But the game is just too difficult to win without me stacking in my favor

Boss: Oh Ok, tell you what, you deal the cards too ok?

Player: Yay, go me. I winnzers the game!

Hah. your analogy is so fail.

After raiding top 10 US in WoW as a healer, I feel like all I did was pay attention to both DBM and Healbot.
So, are you sure you've played wow and used healbot? Because I suspect that you haven't....

Yes indeed. DBM is an abomination in many ways. Logging and parsing observed events, not so much.
the latter is what dbm does....

Nice straw man fallacy.
You should learn what that term means rather than parroting it.

There were no meters in the GUI; never once did I make such a claim regarding parsers.
It's irrelevant whether it's built into the game client or a 3rd party app; trying to pretend that the latter does not provide exactly the same useful functionality as the former is more than absurd. Edited by ferroz

Whether for or against it was a major factor in the way WOW changed. Hardcore players loved it casuals didn't want the hassle. All these things that everyone wants in this game helped make wow easier and so much more about gear and scores than having fun. It will do the same to this and any game that allows everything that everyone wants. Blizzard listened to what its fans wanted and gave it to them and the players complained and *****ed about it. I hope Bio takes it slow and allows more chances to create there own and different systems.

Players desire and ask for tools to improve their performance even though they already possess one (the human brain) and inevitably these tools are eventually used to alienate, segregate, mock and deride thus cancelling out any benefits they might have had.

And yes, while the tool itself is not at fault and the blame can squarely be levied against the abusive player, the abusive player is in the majority.

So, are you sure you've played wow and used healbot? Because I suspect that you haven't....

the latter is what dbm does....

What do you mean used healbot?

I played WoW for 300-400 days in the past 7+ years.

Are you going to now start talking about grid> healbot, or the fact that Healbot is newer than grid?

Sorry baddies. Even BW doesn't care.

^^^

Honestly anyone who is against having it (and I mean against, not doesn't care, or wouldn't use) is just scared that they will be called out for afk dpsing as I like to call it.

Fear is the only logical reason someone would be against having this in the game.

Again, a real-time meter is not needed for...99% of the content. An out-of-game parser could be useful for that 1% nightmare mode crap for the hardcores.

You can say not having a meter give a "false sense of difficulty"(honestly, I saw someone actually type this idiocy) Umm, if you can't break the fight down into base numbers and aren't sure what exactly is happening at all times, which makes it more challenging, is not a "false" sense of difficulty.

You can call me bad, don't care. I used recount the only in the last couple of months I played wow. Ran dungeons left and right without it, before. Got annoyed at heroic dungeons because even though people were putting out more than enough dmg to handle the fight, people were still berating others for not doing some predetermined max dps. (I never had much problem with this since I was the tank...no one wants to piss the tanks off, since they can drop and have another dungeon in less than a minute)

The only people that think an in-game, real-time meter is absolutely necessary are the same ones that use it to be a-holes to other players. That is my opinion, yours may vary..but I will go with my experience when dealing with it over yours.

The only people that think an in-game, real-time meter is absolutely necessary are the same ones that use it to be a-holes to other players.
No, there's also the people that think that meters are necessity for the game because enough people want them to make the game unsuccessful in the long run if they aren't added.

That's not my opinion... that's a fact: these people exist. Whether they're right or wrong is opinion, but is kind of irrelevant to what you just posted.

Again, a real-time meter is not needed for...99% of the content. An out-of-game parser could be useful for that 1% nightmare mode crap for the hardcores.

You can say not having a meter give a "false sense of difficulty"(honestly, I saw someone actually type this idiocy) Umm, if you can't break the fight down into base numbers and aren't sure what exactly is happening at all times, which makes it more challenging, is not a "false" sense of difficulty.

You can call me bad, don't care. I used recount the only in the last couple of months I played wow. Ran dungeons left and right without it, before. Got annoyed at heroic dungeons because even though people were putting out more than enough dmg to handle the fight, people were still berating others for not doing some predetermined max dps. (I never had much problem with this since I was the tank...no one wants to piss the tanks off, since they can drop and have another dungeon in less than a minute)

The only people that think an in-game, real-time meter is absolutely necessary are the same ones that use it to be a-holes to other players. That is my opinion, yours may vary..but I will go with my experience when dealing with it over yours.

I agree. Out of game parsing program would be sufficient. I don't think any raiders will disagree with that.