BioWare: "most" people aren't having SWTOR performance issues

Raggnarok

I have a brand new computer with all settings on high and it runs the game beautifully. Since it's a new game, it's to be expected that some minority of users will have technical issues. They will either be worked out with CS or they are bugs that will get fixed in upcoming patches. No reason to QQ. I get anywhere from 60-100+ FPS, even in Warzones and the Fleet. I'm sure it drops down for a second or two occasionally in certain spots, that would be normal for a game, but it's so minimal that I never notice it at all. Edited by Leiloni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the problem is, is we have some people with high-end systems, who come into an area where there is known localized performance issues (lets say the fleet for example), and they flip....saying their computer should handle that. Well, you'll survive. They're localized issues Bioware is already aware of. Edited by Jediwran

Hope so.. Cuz if they try to sum this up with ability delay, then I'm pretty much done with this game

You'll find ability delay gets worse in low FPS situations.

The ability delay is likely tied to performance, so fixing the FPS issues will also alleviate some of the ability delay problems some of you experience.

I've had zero performance issues on my machine, the game has run flawlessly for me. Are there little graphical glitches and some bugs to sort out, sure... we've known since day one that there would be.

Sucks to be you... everyone else who is enjoying this... GAME ON!

QQ more pew-pew

Strange how my lovely gaming machine suffers with SWTOR at times. I have played many MMO's and not experienced poor performance on any. I like to see the full beauty of games so I make sure I keep my gaming computer clean and updated (Like most others who enjoy gaming). The Imperial Fleet seems to be the worse area, although it does drop to a 10-30 FPS at times in "quiet" areas.

I think we know this issue does need to be addressed and BioWare need to stop blaming other people for BioWare's buggy program.

Edited by Lancs

"Most" of that 95% think poor performance is launching the game and getting a black screen.

No, poor performance is fps lag on mid to high end machines that can run games that put TORs graphics to shame. What about the fact that any Warzone cuts the usual fps in half and doubles ability delay, if they even fire at all?

Don't even get me started on the "can't tell the difference between 30 and 60+ fps" crowd.

My Dual Core E7200 @3.0 Ghz with 4gb RAM and Radeon 6850 runs things more than just fine all cranked up on high settings and HD resolution, and my machine is hardly the best of the best.

I do get a fps drop on the fleet when it's packed but i find that to be normal because i don't have a high end PC, and if i put shadows to low in that particular case everything turns back to pure smoothness.

So i don't see a problem with this article.

Edited by Vlacke

Core 2 Duo E6750 - Low end by gaming standards

4 GB Ram - low/mid these days

gtx 460 1 GB Med end

10k rpm hdd - not ssd but whatever

I have very little to no problems running this game with high settings and shadows low.

People need to realize that putting a bunch of high end hardware in a box doesn't make a good system. Thats right I said it, some hardware doesn't play well with others.

Drivers can be an issue as well. All these high end machines having problems while my POS isn't makes me bleieve it may be something else.

Now Bioware does need to optimize and some other graphical fixes are needed but what people are experiencing just blows my mind, when my system is low-end.

Edit: Also I rarely have issues in warzones, but if I had to complain it would be about them!

Edited by Evilidea

The system requirements are not very high to begin with:

System RequirementsProcessor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP/Vista/7

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB

PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card:

ATI X1800 or better*

nVidia 7800 or better*

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

DVD-ROM:

8x or better

*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

So aside from the character texture issue (being hidden) there should not really be fps issues and other random graphical errors unless there is a problem. Runs fine for me with shadows low but I'm not going to say it is perfect, it definitely needs some fps/graphics/ability delay tweaking.

"Most" of that 95% think poor performance is launching the game and getting a black screen.

No, poor performance is fps lag on mid to high end machines that can run games that put TORs graphics to shame. What about the fact that any Warzone cuts the usual fps in half and doubles ability delay, if they even fire at all?

Don't even get me started on the "can't tell the difference between 30 and 60+ fps" crowd.

Exactly, look at the 2 posts directly below you, these people seem to believe anything thats not a slideshow is "running flawlessly".

Its amazing to think these people have the mental ability to turn on a PC.

"I don't have problems, therefore noone have problems and also, i hate you for claiming that this game is in any way, shape or form less than perfect."

Shut up. Just shut up.

Game runs fine for you? great. Why do you feel the need to come here and berate and belittle people with legitimate problems?

Bioware already confirmed that there's problems and that they're working on it.

Claiming there's no problem just shows that you're mindlessly whiteknighting and thus renders your opinion worthless.

There are issues for some people with high end machines.

Plenty of the people posting that they're experiencing issues are knowledgeable, serious people posting dxdiag's and other info. These issues cannot simply be ascribed to lack of proper drivers or whatever drivel some of the posters in here tries to foist it off on.

I'm running BF3 and Skyrim on max and yet i get 15 fps on fleet.

That ain't okay and claiming that everything is okay because it's only a minority is like claiming men forcing themselves upon women (couldn't use the four letter word that rhymes with "nape") isn't a problem because, after all, it only happens to a minority of women.

Just because a problem is experienced by a minority doesn't make it any less of a problem.

Edited by Nanoling

People need to realize that putting a bunch of high end hardware in a box doesn't make a good system. Thats right I said it, some hardware doesn't play well with others.

I think you'll find it does.

And if it doesn't play well together it wouldn't matter if it's all high end, low end, middle or mixed. But it works great for other, more graphically superior games, then the problem obviously lies with SWTOR

I don't have performance issues in game.

But I've never had this much trouble installing a game or having to deal with a launcher. None of the disks would work, just get a generic problem just "installation failed". I went borrowed friends disks and get the same thing (they also couldn't install off disks). 2 days later of constantly relaunching online download and I get in...

Everytime we get a patch, it errors out and tries to reload 19 gig worth of data, like I'm re-installing this game.

I've had to keep a good SWTOR file on a flash drive, and I just push it over program files everytime that a patch errors out.

There's something seriously wrong with the way they push out the install and also patches. You shouldn't have re-download 11+ gig of data if it finds an error with a 250 meg patch. That's ridiculous.

Exactly, look at the 2 posts directly below you, these people seem to believe anything thats not a slideshow is "running flawlessly".

Its amazing to think these people have the mental ability to turn on a PC.

Wrong, it runs smooth no slideshow, UMAD brosef cause u built a POS that doesn't work right.

Now Aion Fort take downs that was a slide show.

I'm running an older rig with a E2500 @ 3.75 Ghz, 4 gigs of DDR2-800, and a HD4870.

I average 40-80 fps everywhere except fleet and wz's. In wz's it drops down to 30ish and in fleet in the 20's. Plenty playable though.

I've seen a few comparisons to show difference, and I concede that there is one then.

But when I'm just playing the game, I can't tell it all unless it drops below 30.

They have all the numbers. They know what you're running the game like. So please just be quiet.

Let me guess, they checked all the CS tickets to see who had problems? all those deleted, not looked at, read tickets without answers yes? for all Iknow they have no clue on what is going on in their MMO.

I have a high end machine, i7 2600k, GTX 590, and 8GB RAM - I am experinecing glitchy performance, etc .. Something is not right here .. Battelfield 3, all other games play amaxing, no glitchiness .. something is wrong with the performance of swtor, which is suprising since its an old engine ..

I have the same system, no problems here.