Operative PvP video 10k crits. WOW

redbul

hey look.... an operative defending operatives... weird!

Did you look at his buff bars?

The first part of the video is reasonable. Nothing crazy. Then when he shows all his big crits, he's got every buff in the game to annihilate lowbies. Oh noes, Operatives run around all day long doing that to everyone.

That's the problem with the zerg mentality of bad players. You could see hours of footage of Operatives not popping every CD in the game and critting for 5-6k max on lowbies. But then you see 15 seconds of an Operative with every buff in the game destroying lowbies and suddenly that's what Operatives do 24/7 on geared 50s without popping all their CDs. :rolleyes:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first part of the video is reasonable. Nothing crazy. Then when he shows all his big crits, he's got every buff in the game to annihilate lowbies. Oh noes, Operatives run around all day long doing that to everyone.

That's the problem with the zerg mentality of bad players. You could see hours of footage of Operatives not popping every CD in the game and critting for 5-6k max on lowbies. But then you see 15 seconds of an Operative with every buff in the game destroying lowbies and suddenly that's what Operatives do 24/7 on geared 50s without popping all their CDs. :rolleyes:

May I refer you to my previous comment, Sevvy, and then may I kindly ask you to ****, and roll a different class while you're at it.

My question is why do smugglers/agents have abilities that don't have global cooldowns? You shouldn't be able to use abilities, stealth, and reuse that ability on a macro. This alone lets them do multiple dmg stacks on 1 key. Unfair as $hit to other classes. Edited by MarcusElliott

Thank you.

Operatives are arguing for not nerfing because they know this is a RARITY and requires basically everything to be perfect. This does not happen. AND YES, every class can do it with those same buffs and using their BEST ABILITY at the time it's supposed to be used.

Please people those crits arent new and any class can do that.

swtormovies.com

You will see Shadows doing the same thing

You will see Sentinels doing the same thing

You will see almost every class doing the same thing..

2 shotting people.

But please dont take my word for it go to the website and watch the videos.

I'm likely rerolling Powertech for competitive PvP. You whiners can cry when I do the same thing to you with him minus the knockdown.

Wahhhhhhh!

That would actually prove that not only Operatives can do this.

So far I only see vids of them doing this sick damage, and 1 assassin vid where he bursts 10k in 4 seconds, not nearly as much as a 10k knockdown followed by 6.6k in 2 seconds though.

Want to save your class, Sevvy? Stop feeding us crap about how any class can do this, and actually do it. Just show us your powertech can and will crit 9.9k, and another 6.6 after the next gcd. Show us. Less talk, more pewpew?

I'm likely rerolling Powertech for competitive PvP. You whiners can cry when I do the same thing to you with him minus the knockdown.

Wahhhhhhh!

I hate to break it to you sevvy, but if you reroll you're gonna find your "skill" is significantly less than what you thought it was.

Nerf biochem. After that evaluate whether any classes need nerfs. Biochem is handsdown the only useful profession for any dedicated PvP'er, and not only that but it's just blatantly OP.

What? That medpack is weak. :rolleyes: Lol. They did a terrible job at gear scaling this game.

Edited by MarcusElliott

Oh look, operatives saying operatives aren't overpowered. Oh yeah, nearly 1 hitting enemys with an opener directly out of stealth knocking them down aswell isn't overpowered at all. The fact they can even do this is self explanatory that they should be nerfed, big time.

at the very least fix the fact you can backstab the dude on the ground .. on his back... whats that, a magic dagger?

Operatives can deal the highest single hits in the game. This is nothing new. Their sustained damage and utility is pretty lacking. My premade consists of a Powertech, Marauder, Assassin, and myself (Medic Operative), and I've never seen an Operative top them in overall kills and damage done.

Operatives can deal the highest single hits in the game. This is nothing new. Their sustained damage and utility is pretty lacking. My premade consists of a Powertech, Marauder, Assassin, and myself (Medic Operative), and I've never seen an Operative top them in overall kills and damage done.

I just got out of a warzone where one reached half a mil dmg. Can I have whatever you're smoking?

I actually really enjoyed this video, it was well produced! The effects were well synced to his music and there was actually a semblance of a plot to the video, eg: how rolling an op can make a good player a god-mode player and popular too!

That would actually prove that not only Operatives can do this.

So far I only see vids of them doing this sick damage, and 1 assassin vid where he bursts 10k in 4 seconds, not nearly as much as a 10k knockdown followed by 6.6k in 2 seconds though.

Want to save your class, Sevvy? Stop feeding us crap about how any class can do this, and actually do it. Just show us your powertech can and will crit 9.9k, and another 6.6 after the next gcd. Show us. Less talk, more pewpew?

Like I care about saving my class. Lol? If Bioware has half a brain they'll be patient about any big nerfs on classes and evaluate how these classes are doing in rated WZs.

You likely have a long way to go before Operatives even have a chance at being nerfed. And even then, people want Acid Blade completely removed, or Hidden Strike damage nerfed by 50%, or some other ridiculous nerf. You know that won't happen, right? It'll be something reasonable like 10% on Hidden Strike, and it will be given a modest 10-15s cooldown so Operatives can't Hidden Strike > Cloaking Screen > Hidden Strike right away.

Which means, Operatives are still going to ruin the forum QQers. Doh!

Any class will do 6k + crits with those buffs. People never seem to see the full truth behind those crits.

This isn't the case at all.

Firstly, only the DPS spec for any class will do anything close to a 6K Crit. My Kinetic-based Shadow doesn't do any crit remotely near 6K.

Secondly, you are wrong. Even the DPS specs of any class don't pull off 6K+ Crits, and even if a few of them do, it's a fairly rare event. What was demonstrated by the OP has been done, over and over again, repeatedly by other players of the same class. That type of 6K+ consistency is a problem and certainly not shared by any other classes in the game. The fact that massive crits can stack on top of each other just makes the matter worse.

9928 crit fillowed by a 6630 crit. Oh no not strong at all. I'm sure any class can pull this damage off.

At this stage in the game, any Crit over 6K+ in PvP is stupid and poor game design.

How many times must it be said.

EVERY CLASS CAN DO THIS WITH THE RIGHT SPEC AND BUFFS, DERP!! The only difference is that Scrapper and the operative counterpart are front end BURST. WITHOUT IT THEY CANNOT FUNCTION. Other class just require more build up to get there.

You are wrong. As I stated in my response above, this is certainly not something that every class can do. Please show me the screenshots or vids of other classes hitting for a 10K crit. Please show me screenshots or vids of other classes critting for 9K. I can easily produce evidence of this specific class doing 9K+ crits on other occasions. The fact that they can then follow the initial 9K or 10K with another 6K+ crit is even more asinine.

Sorry, but a nerf is needed. These over the top Crits are what is stupid and have no place in the current game aside from ezmode facerolling.

You dispute my statements? Then show me the evidence to support your argument. Show me other classes critting for 9K. And no, I don't want to hear the anecdotal bs about how your cousin's sister friend's brother hit for 9K the other day in a WZ under a blue moon at high tide while rubbing his rabbit's foot. Screenshot, Vid or it didn't happen.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Also people need to chill on the raging and bickering at each other. It should be abundantly clear to all of us (unless you don't pvp at all or visit these forums) that there is something broken, how much of it is op mechanics or buffs....well thats for the devs to decide.

I was mad at first too, the insistence of others that there is no issue only added to it; but now, its just sort of a spectacle and getting entertaining to see "JUST HOW HIGH CAN AN OP CRIT?!?!!" lol

Edited by longbawl

Like I care about saving my class. Lol? If Bioware has half a brain they'll be patient about any big nerfs on classes and evaluate how these classes are doing in rated WZs.

You likely have a long way to go before Operatives even have a chance at being nerfed. And even then, people want Acid Blade completely removed, or Hidden Strike damage nerfed by 50%, or some other ridiculous nerf. You know that won't happen, right? It'll be something reasonable like 10% on Hidden Strike, and it will be given a modest 10-15s cooldown so Operatives can't Hidden Strike > Cloaking Screen > Hidden Strike right away.

Which means, Operatives are still going to ruin the forum QQers. Doh!

Tell that to all the Witchhunter players who played Warhammer after they got hit by the nerf bat. That class was hardly playable in pvp after that and never recovered. Bioware has many Mythic devs... I'm gonna laugh my *** off if that happens to you guys. Only reason why I haven't rolled an Op/Scoundral yet is cause I'm afraid of what the nerf is gonna be like.

Edited by DimeStax

I love how people think a game where the primary balance focus will always be PVE in some way is going to be completely balanced for PVP as well.

Nerfing something like the burst damage for a burst damage class because it 1-shots undergeared people in PVP would then require a whole round of balance changes to then keep that class viable in PVE.... which then would break other things for some to cry about in PVP.... causing another round of PVP/PVE balance changes which goes in cirlces forever.

I've always played PVP since UO, Rallos Zek EQ, DAOC, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, etc. There is one constant that I've just come to accept. Game devs don't focus on PVP. We are the minority of the playerbase. They won't break the PVE gameplay/balance to satisfy PVP concerns.

Tell that to all the Witchhunter players who played Warhammer after they got hit by the nerf bat. That class was hardly playable in pvp after that and never recovered. Bioware has many Mythic devs... I'm gonna laugh my *** off if that happens to you guys. Only reason why I haven't rolled an Op/Scoundral yet is cause I'm afraid of what the nerf is gonna be like.

Overnerfs from bad player QQ. Yep, it happens.

I fought plenty of Witch Hunters and owned their faces in with my White Lion and my Ironbreaker in WAR. Yawn.

Overnerfs from bad player QQ. Yep, it happens.

I fought plenty of Witch Hunters and owned their faces in with my White Lion and my Ironbreaker in WAR. Yawn.

considering witch hunters were the same faction as white lions and ironbreakers.... and there were no duels in war... i'd love to know how you pulled this off

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.