Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give Togruta and Wookie to the Republic to fix the growing imbalance between factions

Vlacke

The title of the topic says it all really.

I am sure most of the people are well aware of the growing faction imbalance problem, there where threads about it, and suggestions.

This is my idea although i am sure some of you will come up with even better ones.

Now i am sure that most of you will agree when i say that this problem will not fix itself, therefore i would like to hear what you good people think, and discuss about it.

May the force be with you all.

Edited by Vlacke

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that it has to be those specific races but, adding a new race to the undermanned faction does sound like a strong way to go. I'll pass on the fully voiced Wookiee storylines though.

I'm hoping its a legacy choice. They can half *** the voice for wookies to be honest. Just generic wookie noises randomized enough would satisfy me.

I don't know that it has to be those specific races but, adding a new race to the undermanned faction does sound like a strong way to go. I'll pass on the fully voiced Wookiee storylines though.

True, it could be some other races as well, i went for Togruta because i think they are much cooler than Twilek's, and i really like Twilek's.

I found it weird that they weren't in the game to choose in the first place.

And yes, the Wookie voice over would be a difficult decision, i am sure some people woul object to listening to his growling during the cut scenes, on the other hand if they decided to gives us some sort of emancipated, English speaking Wookie, a lot of people would object to that also.

Edited by Vlacke

And yes, the Wookie voice over would be a difficult decision, i am sure some people woul object to listening to his growling during the cut scenes, on the other hand if they decided to gives us some sort of emancipated, English speaking Wookie, a lot of people would object to that also.

With good reasons, since Wookies can't speak basic at all since they don't have the vocal cords required for it.

With good reasons, since Wookies can't speak basic at all since they don't have the vocal cords required for it.

I know :)

As for making Togruta Republic exclusive i don't think they would have a problem with that even if it conflicts the lore, something's gotta give.

However, that being said, I'd probably also roll republic to get to be one.

And that is exactly the reason it would help with fixing the imbalance problem.

EDIT

As Miliways said above, Kel'Dor would also be great :)

Edited by Vlacke

There was a previous thread on this, which I think is a really clever way of solving the population imbalance. I don't know how effective it will be, but the lack of playable alien species has always been a big complaint, so one would think it would help encourage more republic players.

While Togruta would be one of my top picks as well, Wookies wouldn't work because they don't speak galactic basic. I would throw in Cathar, Nautolan or Kel Dor instead.

Give togruta to every single possible class is my opinion lols.

But yes , the class they make the togruta playable on will be my main from that second on , if republic i will have to leave the empire ... no i wont be happy about it.

Edited by rzrknight

Togruta, yes please, but do something about headgear that's not dumb.

Wookiees and other non-Basic speaking aliens, NO. A cutscene with randomized nonsense has next-to-no emotional resonance.

More to-the-point, though, this is a really cool way to solve the population imbalance. It's too bad that many of my fellow Imps may end up crying 'what about mine??' (to them I say, "enjoy warzones other than Huttball!")

Edited by plusieurs

There was a previous thread on this, which I think is a really clever way of solving the population imbalance. I don't know how effective it will be, but the lack of playable alien species has always been a big complaint, so one would think it would help encourage more republic players.

While Togruta would be one of my top picks as well, Wookies wouldn't work because they don't speak galactic basic. I would throw in Cathar, Nautolan or Kel Dor instead.

Good post, i agree fully.

I would gladly roll a republic toon if I could make a Togruta. IMO they really only work as republic, except for maybe Sith Inquisitor since they start as slaves.

Wookie has about as much chance of making it in as yoda's race does.

Give Republic Togruta, Kel'dor and Nautolan and watch the imbalance even out. That way the empire gets the better looking armor, but the republic gets the better looking species. Seriously, it's probably the only thing that would work. and it works out because the empire is pretty racist anyway. Having their available races (species) heavily limited works fine with the lore.

Edited by VicSkimmr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.