Stats and How They Work

Daellia

I'm confused as to the uselessness of accuracy in PvE (admittedly, I have never seen an ability miss). Although, the stats on the Rekata and Columi gear make more sense (having no accuracy whatsoever!)

Accuracy decreases your chance to miss. Once that chance is at 0%, further accuracy reduces the target's resistance. Force attacks have a base accuracy of 100% against all targets, and PvE bosses possess zero baseline force or tech resist. Hence Accuracy does nothing for us.

In the guide stickied above this it says that haste rating (whatever its called here) effects DoT ticks. This guide does not say that and I've read elsewhere that it does NOT effect how fast DoTs tick. Could you or someone verify either way please? Thank you.

We've tested it several times out on SithWarrior.com. All of our data suggests that Alacrity has no effect on DoT ticks. I believe the widespread belief that it does is based on WoW's DoT mechanics and a lack of easy way to test Alacrity's affect on them (particularly at low values of Alacrity). Our tests were fairly rigorous, however.

forgot str, its minimally useful but it still gives us force stats.

Negative. It gives Assassin's melee bonus and crit. It gives no benefit to Sorcerers. Sith Warriors are the only ones that gain benefit to their force attacks via strength.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome info! I must admit to being usnure whether crit or power was 'better' but it seems they are pretty much on an equal footing (until caps) from your post

Well, yes and no. Power scales linearly, while crit scales along a DR curve, so it gets worse and worse the more of it you have. In addition, at least for dps, Power generally trumps Crit for dps benefit unless you have a very low amount of Crit rating or a very large amount of Surge.

Well, yes and no. Power scales linearly, while crit scales along a DR curve, so it gets worse and worse the more of it you have. In addition, at least for dps, Power generally trumps Crit for dps benefit unless you have a very low amount of Crit rating or a very large amount of Surge.

Well I'm still levelling - I probably should've mentioned that lol - so I'm never sure if I should take power over crit or vice versa - my 'idea' is that they should be more balanced than not.

Also, are the stat weights different for sorcs vs assasins, or pretty much on a par for all Inquisitors/consulars?

Also, are the stat weights different for sorcs vs assasins, or pretty much on a par for all Inquisitors/consulars?

There are definitely differences, even between specs in the same AC. However, this post wasn't meant to specify stat weights, only how the stats actually worked. We're still working on tools for exact stat weights, but you can check out sithwarrior.com for our progress thus far.

There are definitely differences, even between specs in the same AC. However, this post wasn't meant to specify stat weights, only how the stats actually worked. We're still working on tools for exact stat weights, but you can check out sithwarrior.com for our progress thus far.

I'll do that then thanks :)

most of this is wrong...

Crit: not scaled at 30%...i have base 33 crit.

Surge: NOT at 50%...i have 77%.

No, not wrong

The 30% cap is the cap that u can recieve as bonus from crit rating on gear. Your character starts with a 5% crit base at lvl 1 + gear only means that once u reach the gear rating cap u will be at 35% crit with no other bonuses. I.E crit % given in spec/abilites/IA buffs.

And your crit modifier has a 50% base so with a 50% cap on gear bonus you would be at 100% crit modifier with surge gear. U are not at cap with either of ur current stats.

and thank you Daellia for giving me a localized area to find these when i start building my spreadsheets.

Edited by Pwnyride

most of this is wrong...

Crit: not scaled at 30%...i have base 33 crit.

Surge: NOT at 50%...i have 77%.

You get 5% base crit. You also gain crit from both Crit Rating and Willpower, which cap at 30% each (separate caps for the two). You can also gain 5% from raid buffs, and a variable amount from skills.

Surge, as noted above, has a base 50%. The cap is on 50% additional surge above and beyond that, and once again applies only to the rating itself. You can gain surge from skills as well. For example, if you had Crackling Blasts (T6 Lightning Sorc talent, increases crit damage of several spells by 50%) plus 40% surge from rating, you would be dealing 240% of normal damage on a crit, for an effective surge multiplier of 140%.

Power thus far, it generally trumps the other stats for most of the specs and in most gear sets at 50. Lacking definitive stat weights, it's what I go with.

Focusing on power what are your current stats for bonus damage, crit and crit multiplier? Curious to hear, because I've been concentrating a bit more toward surge and I'd like to see how the numbers compare.

Focusing on power what are your current stats for bonus damage, crit and crit multiplier? Curious to hear, because I've been concentrating a bit more toward surge and I'd like to see how the numbers compare.

Currently having a rough time actually stacking Power, tbh. Most of my gear is PvP gear, which is either only partially moddable or completely unmoddable (and the PvP gear is stacked with Crit and Alacrity). In addition, my primary source of Enhancements is the Ilum heroic daily, which awards either Power/Alacrity or Crit/Surge. I avoid Alacrity, as it generally is a very weak stat for dps sorcerers, so I tend to have a lot more crit than I otherwise would prefer. Thus I have 197 Power, 1210 Force Power, 455 Crit, 156 Surge, and 243 Alacrity, giving me a bonus of 630.5, crit of 34.28%, surge of 73.38%, and alacrity of 7.77%.

If I had my way, I'd have zero Alacrity, ~500 Power, ~400 Surge, and ~200 Crit, but that's sorta seat-of-the-pants gut-feeling stat weights based on messing around with the numbers for the various specs. I wish I had a better resource for calculating stat weights yet...

Great guide!

Corruption Sorc here. Q about alacrity...in WoW haste would give you extra ticks on HoTs at certain haste plateau levels. So you get like 916 haste rating and your Riptide HoT ticks 8 times over 21 seconds instead of 7.

My understanding in SWTOR is alacrity makes your HoT do its healing over less time. So a zero alacrity 9s resurge healing for X damage would heal still for X damage but over 6.3s instead with 30% alacrity, right?

Currently having a rough time actually stacking Power, tbh. Most of my gear is PvP gear, which is either only partially moddable or completely unmoddable (and the PvP gear is stacked with Crit and Alacrity). In addition, my primary source of Enhancements is the Ilum heroic daily, which awards either Power/Alacrity or Crit/Surge. I avoid Alacrity, as it generally is a very weak stat for dps sorcerers, so I tend to have a lot more crit than I otherwise would prefer. Thus I have 197 Power, 1210 Force Power, 455 Crit, 156 Surge, and 243 Alacrity, giving me a bonus of 630.5, crit of 34.28%, surge of 73.38%, and alacrity of 7.77%.

If I had my way, I'd have zero Alacrity, ~500 Power, ~400 Surge, and ~200 Crit, but that's sorta seat-of-the-pants gut-feeling stat weights based on messing around with the numbers for the various specs. I wish I had a better resource for calculating stat weights yet...

Interesting. I'm in full champion (force master) gear with the exception of the Lightsaber, I also use mastercraft implants and earpiece with surge augments. My crit chance is virtually identical to yours, but my crit multiplier is 89.53% and my bonus damage is 568.9 (getting the champion lightsaber will close this gap significantly.

My thinking is take the average dmg of chain lightning from my tooltip 1387.5 + my bonus damage 568.9 and that is 1956.4, yours would be 1387.5 + 630.5 and that is 2018. So you are getting 50 more average damage on non-crits.

Now for multiplier your 2018 with a 73.38% multiplier gives you 3498.8 average crit, and my 1956.4 with a 89.53 multiplier is 3707.9 over a 200 point difference on crits.

I'm going to try to keep increasing my crit and surge to see where the DR are just no longer worth it and hopefully get the champ lightsaber soon.