Your companion is back...STOP EVERYTHING!

Geeluc

I dont have the words to express just how annoying this has been to me.

Sometimes I almost feel like I want to throw my computer out the window just over this.

I honestly dont understand how anyone can create anything so beyond belief stupid.

The design in and of itself is broken, hell even the idea itself should never have existed as anything other than something that should be avoided at any and all costs.

The way it should work is simple.

Items should just appear in your inventory with a notification in the chat, perhaps the companion saying they completed their task, and nothing else.

I dont see the need for a whole damn quest completion window that overrides everything to the exclusion of all else, its unnecessary and broken by design.

If the devs had spent as much time and effort on everything in the game as they have on the movies and voice overs, I would not have been surprised to see this game still breaking sales records.

Instead you got a massive bug-fest as if the game was still in beta testing, and players leaving in frustration because they cant play and dont get the help they expect.

Edited by Bansheedragon

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I equate this to someone walking into my office, sweeping everything off my desk onto the floor and saying "Now that I have your complete attention, here's that document you requested."

:sy_darkside: I'd punch them in the head and then fire them!

Automatically closing windows when the mission is complete is totally unacceptable.

Edited by Glowrod

i dont want my extremely rude companions to interrupts me when:

I'm in a warzone

I'm in combat

I'm shopping at a vendor

I'm crafting

I'm in the GTN

i have 2 windows of any kind up

apart from that i dont mind the mission popup i like to know what i got for my 2500 cred mission fee - but the pending mission tab is there for a reason my rude companions should use it

agreed 100%, I threw Corso off the team for this.

Also bug report window takes up the whole screen not letting you open other windows to gather information to make a proper bug report then re spawns kill you because of the extra time it takes you to memorize details then after killing them and redoing bug report crew reports in closing your reporting window.

Yeah, the "pending" notification would be enough.

This is so annoying when you try to do anything in the GTM.

Agreed. It also causing a glitch during space missions that makes the companion flicker on the screen (in space).

Instead you got a massive bug-fest as if the game was still in beta testing, and players leaving in frustration because they cant play and dont get the help they expect.

I crafted in beta to test and do not recall this happening. It may have been that I generally wasn't sending out my companions on crafting missions while I was actively engaged in a firefight: bad on me if so.

As much as I loooooove this game to death...this is one of the few pet peeves that I cannot overlook. Why? Because it's shoved in my face all the time.

Can't make a shimmersilk purse out of a Bantha's ear? But I bring you epics.

Managed to improve upon my specifications? Yes. Specifications of nothing.

Want to be an entrepreneur? Control the GTN and have your own trade cartel? Busy putting up auctions for those priceless purple artifacts? Stop everything! I've brought you some rocks.

Fighting the good fight? For the Republic? About to land the killing blow in an epic showdown with that wicked Sith Assassin? For great justice?!? Here's your damn fungus, Master.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! /facedesk x 10000

Edited by photometrik

I have to agree or "sign" (LOL...) this or whatever it is that shows my support for this motion. It annoys the crap out of me as well.

HOWEVER...

In the interest in being objective I must take a step back and look at the issue a la "devil's advocate"... When you open up your crew tab you can see exactly what your companions are doing and how long it will take for them to complete their respective tasks. Therefore it shouldn't be a surprise when one comes back. You should at least have a general idea of when that box is going to pop up, especially at the GTN or creating a ticket or what have you. I can see being in combat making it difficult to keep track but it all boils down to poor time management.

Let me reiterate that I am FOR making this change... Now I'm going to run for cover. :D

In the interest in being objective I must take a step back and look at the issue a la "devil's advocate"... When you open up your crew tab you can see exactly what your companions are doing and how long it will take for them to complete their respective tasks. Therefore it shouldn't be a surprise when one comes back. You should at least have a general idea of when that box is going to pop up, especially at the GTN or creating a ticket or what have you. I can see being in combat making it difficult to keep track but it all boils down to poor time management.

I do this anyways, but it's then annoying, thinking 'I've got 2 mins to look through the GTN, I'll see what I can find', only to track down what you need and then loose it!

Otherwise, it's just stand around for two minutes waiting for them to come back. If their not staggered that is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.