Why is it so hard for a Light Side Jedi to find Black Robes?

ShadowHntr

I'm playing as a light sided Jedi, but I want darker robes, I don't see them as loot, and I don't see them on the market. Are dark robes only for those who follow the darkside or something? I need something that goes with my legacy name, and these light-colored robes just don't cut it. Is there just a quest I haven't done yet that would give me darker robes? I'm level 49 and have done most quests on most planets. I just have Voss and Corellia left, as well as heroics on Alderaan and Hoth. If I have to buy them from someone, just tell me...they have to be moddable or it's not worth it.

I'm playing as a light sided Jedi, but I want darker robes, I don't see them as loot, and I don't see them on the market. Are dark robes only for those who follow the darkside or something? I need something that goes with my legacy name, and these light-colored robes just don't cut it. Is there just a quest I haven't done yet that would give me darker robes? I'm level 49 and have done most quests on most planets. I just have Voss and Corellia left, as well as heroics on Alderaan and Hoth. If I have to buy them from someone, just tell me...they have to be moddable or it's not worth it.

Because only bad guys wear black?

Or cool guys.

A lightside jedi knight is neither of these things.

Seriously tho, it should be possible. Anakin was wearing black before he flipped, riiight?

I have black, hooded Jedi robes on my Guardian. Think it was a drop from either Hammer Station or Athiss. I'll try checking when I log on to him.

They're orange quality, so I've been keeping them modded as I level, which is what I'm guessing you're looking for as well.

It's exactly what I'm looking for...I want to look cool, but I also need it to fit my character. I'm playing on an RP server, and my robes just don't look right. But if it's heavy armor I'm SOL...I'm a Sentinel, I have to have medium. Edited by ShadowHntr

No they don't drop, all you get are the pansy ones. Tried to send an extremely good looking Inquisitor robe to my Consular through the auction house yesterday - complete with shoulder spikes and everything.

Found it, bought it, put it on.

It looked exactly like the one I was wearing. Brown with a slight armor plating in the chest -

BW, this is the first time and the last time Il say it, but, that failed.

Seriously tho, it should be possible. Anakin was wearing black before he flipped, riiight?

Standing outside Lars' place on Tatooine while trying to track down Shmi, yes, Anakin was wearing a very black looking full length robe while Padme had a nice blue dress.

Not that I was watching it last night, or anything.

Mind you, that wasn't much before he flipped, and he was already crossing the line, so that robe could be Forbidden to Light 1 and above