** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but most of the EGA people will have moved off the starter planets, so it really isn't the same at all.

That and you have to remember how many people are going to just ride out the 5 dollar pass and not get the game on release too.

Sure, but most of the EGA people will have moved off the starter planets, so it really isn't the same at all.

It is and it isn't. The same log in server is most likely used whether you are on Nar Shadda, Hoth, or Tython/Korriban. The act of 1 million+ people slamming the log in server is the same no matter what zone they are in. At least, that's my guess.

Just like WoW, the problem is not on the realm servers, but authentication servers... ALL people are logging onto same authetication server then go to their realm. I'm worried about traffic on authentication servers...

I think the only chance us early Octobers would have is if there is a bonus wave or 2. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a bonus wave. It's not clear what drives that decision

My guess is next waves

Aug 24-Sep 9

Sep 10 - Sep 27

*?bonus?* Sep 28 - Oct 15

Funny I was writing that as wave 3 went out. My guesses are based on a 17 day time span for each wave during this wave cycle. Looks like if Sep 9/10 is the cut off of that last wave then my numbers should stand for the last wave today.

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to create this thread and updating it. It was very constructive and a welcome change after all the negativity in the forums yesterday.

My EA just came through:

12.14.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

09.01.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

I seriously think they might get to Nov today, which means Bioware will have kept their word on 5 days of Early Access, come tomorrow.

Good luck for those waiting.

Thank you mate! That is much appriciated :)

Haha this is simply pathetic!

Just got this mail from Blizzard:

"[My name] - Try World of Warcraft: Hour of Twilight, FREE for 7 days

[My name],

The Hour of Twilight is at hand, and Thrall needs the aid of Azeroth’s mightiest heroes to vanquish Deathwing the Destroyer! Return to Azeroth today and help put an end to Deathwing’s reign of terror."

What a feeble attempt at keeping players here at swtor launch. Alas, they underestimate the power of SWTOR! :Evil laugh:

Hmmm....I might go see if I got that as I wont be getting in today, and not likely tomorrow either (Nov 25).