** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the numbers are not exact I would put the estimate of current EGA players at 463,513. The fact that almost quadruple the amount of players from yesterday were given EGA today makes me almost positive that all pre-order customers will be in by Friday at the latest.

It seems I suggested this in a post from the last thread. I didn't think BW would leave everyone hanging all that long. Your numbers are suspect, but the base information is incomplete.

One more time, kids: The VGCharts information involves BOXES ONLY FROM BRICK AND MORTAR INSTALLATIONS. If you ordered a digital copy, or from an online retailer(even if physical), your copy didn't get counted.

from reading.... eveeryone who preordered before today will be in on the 15th, which I am going to assume is the 15th of dec not Jan lol

BW said UP to 5 days.. so not everyone is guaranteed up to 5 days... just gives the option for them to have wiggle room

At least they have listed approx dates that you MIGHT get in based on when you pre-ordered the game...however I do NOT LIKE, as it FEELS VERY TYRANNICAL that forum admins are closing threads and having everyone post here. Why can't someone have a rant thread on there own? The very subject of staggered entry gives the perception that BIOWARE/EA did not rent enough servers...as they are still testing server loads by doing staggered loads. If BIOWARE/EA were confident that they had the right number of servers for the game debut, then this staggered load would NOT be necessary. WTG, makes me feel as if we are still in a Beta Build.

Hiyo. Can't wait to see how the game goes when I'm in.

To the mod who locked my previous thread and requested I post here, I really was not frustrated :) As long as I get in eventually I have no complaints.

Above: They are not heartless. If they could handle everyone's problems at once, we wouldn't need forums to complain on. Be patient. Just because they cannot control the playerbase amount does not mean they are heartless and do not care. Good customer service requires a good patient customer, not some self entitled goof who thinks they're the only one with problems. Let them sort things out at the pace they are doing it at and things will get done. If you can avoid acting like an impatient child with bad ADHD, it will work out much easier for you.

Edited by Oneeve

The whole plan was to avoid queuing and now look they say that the rest of waves may deal with queuing. I am losing interest in this game already. I think this game will fail because of the game being managed by heartless corporation. There are many players who agree with corporation and those kind of people are closed minded and most likely lock social skills needed to play games with in MMO. People who say good things about the launch of this game ether work for this company or are simply ignorant.

I hope that all of this may change and that the game appeal will improve and last long time.

They were trying to avoid queuing on the very first day. Obviously, they knew that there was a chance of queues as they added more people, but the whole thing was to try to stop it from happening. They're not so stupid to believe that there would not be ANY queues.

And, you're saying that if people don't see a problem with how they're managing the early access launch, then they most likely lack social skills? How does that even make ANY sense?

The game will not fail because it is run by a "heartless corporation." The launch has gone well, and has gone according to the plan that Bioware/EA stated from the very beginning. The only thing I can see that they could have done different is to give estimates as to when people would get in. They didn't. Oh well, it happens, move on.

All I have to say about that is, if the biggest problem in your life is that you didn't know what day you were going to get into early access for SW:TOR, then you have an amazing life, and I'm slightly jealous.

Hiyo. Can't wait to see how the game goes when I'm in.

To the mod who locked my previous thread and requested I post here, I really was not frustrated :) As long as I get in eventually I have no complaints.

That's awesome! An unofficial thread has become the official thread. :)

Grats, Qwertly!!

"And, you're saying that if people don't see a problem with how they're managing the early access launch, then they most likely lack social skills? How does that even make ANY sense?"

Some of social skills include a hierarchy of skills related to communication, teamwork, management, and leadership.

“The only thing I can see that they could have done different is to give estimates as to when people would get in.”

Your statement above proves that you agree that they lack communication skills.

Communication skill will effect teamwork, management and leadership.

:ph_great_update:

"And, you're saying that if people don't see a problem with how they're managing the early access launch, then they most likely lack social skills? How does that even make ANY sense?"

Some of social skills include a hierarchy of skills related to communication, teamwork, management, and leadership.

You still make NO sense! How is it that people that have no problem with Bioware have no social skills?? So, you're saying that if I don't have a problem with the way early access has gone, then I lack skills related to communication, teamwork, management and leadership? That's not even CLOSE to describing me.

“The only thing I can see that they could have done different is to give estimates as to when people would get in.”

It means nothing of the sort! I said they could have done something different. That does not mean that they lack communication skills. It just means that I see a different way t hat *I* would have done it.

You may say that Bioware or EA have no communication skills. In which case you'd be wrong, as they HAVE communicated. Just because you're not happy with what they have had to say does not mean they lack communication skills.

And, what does Bioware and EA's supposed lack of communication skills have to do with the people that are playing the game?

You really make no sense. I really hope that I am being trolled, because if I am not, my mind has now been completely blown.

"A quick update on today's invites, and a little preview of tomorrow.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow, and almost certainly there will be some queuing. That was always expected. As a reminder, our plan here is to maintain healthy server populations post launch, and during the excitement of launch that will mean queues. That said, we'll be working hard to keep those queues reasonable."

The whole plan was to avoid queuing and now look they say that the rest of waves may deal with queuing. I am losing interest in this game already.

:ph_use_the_force:

:ph_great_update:

Your post made me think about a joke Colin Quin does, it it basically ends with the point that "our ancestors, were not the ones who starved to death waiting for their turn in line"

People don't like doing this kind of crap, and we have to from time to time when it comes to things staying civil, i'm not so sure an MMO launch is one of them. They could have let us all play in a more straightforward fashion. Even if it was just "July = December 13, August - october = December 14, everyone else 15th" would have been better than this ambigious "lets wait and see what the data shows us over a couple of hours" kinda thing each day.

Edited by kalexkhan

"You may say that Bioware or EA have no communication skills. In which case you'd be wrong, as they HAVE communicated. Just because you're not happy with what they have had to say does not mean they lack communication skills."

But I did not say that they have no communication skills, I expressed that they are lacking them based of the facts gathered so far.

As I mention before communication skill will effect teamwork, management and leadership.

"And, what does Bioware and EA's supposed lack of communication skills have to do with the people that are playing the game?"

Anyone who does not notice the lack of communication skills in Bioware and EA's most likely are lacking those skills too, that is why I see a problem not only with this game but with life as well. I am sad but that does not stop me form tying to express my thoughts to others as well asking them for theirs.

:ph_thank_you:

Edited by Kinnara

Your post made me think about a joke Colin Quin does, it it basically ends with the point that "our ancestors, were not the ones who starved to death waiting for their turn in line"

People don't like doing this kind of crap, and we have to from time to time when it comes to things staying civil, i'm not so sure an MMO launch is one of them. They could have let us all play in a more straightforward fashion. Even if it was just "July = December 13, August - october = December 14, everyone else 15th" would have been better than this ambigious "lets wait and see what the data shows us over a couple of hours" kinda thing each day.

I can completely understand why you guys are getting so frustrated over this, and I also completely understand the intention behind Bioware's method.

It all comes down to this:

They started this process 2 freakin' days early.

By tomorrow, Dec. 15th, it's looking like most everyone who pre-ordered will be in the game, essentially guaranteeing 5 days EGA for everyone, as opposed to up to.

What more do you want? You guys are the type that asked for 64gb iPods for Christmas and complained when you only got the 16gb, aren't you?

Edited by KyrusValo