** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

I can completely understand why you guys are getting so frustrated over this, and I also completely understand the intention behind Bioware's method.

It all comes down to this:

They started this process 2 freakin' days early.

By tomorrow, Dec. 15th, it's looking like most everyone who pre-ordered will be in the game, essentially guaranteeing 5 days EGA for everyone, as opposed to up to.

What more do you want? You guys are the type that asked for 64gb iPods and complained when you only got the 16gb, aren't you?

Like you said, MOST everyone; it kinda sucks to be one of those that are just outside the Dec 15th access date and will be more than likely the 16th or 17th. Like I said earlier, BW should have made it known way, way, way earlier that they would stagger entry so people could have made an informed decision on when to pre-order. I am sure most everyone would have pre-ordered sooner. I am ok with waiting, I am not ok with the staggered entry or being told one thing and getting another.

The people pre-ordering in late November and early December have as much right as any to get their play time, doesn't matter if it's early, late or whenever. We PAID the same amount of money and now have to wait and watch others play the game when we were ALL told the same thing about early access. Every single player was told UP TO 5 Days, which was a lie since close to a million will get 5-7 days and the last 100,000 or so get 3-4 days. BW wanted as much PR as they could muster and a Willy Wonka style "golden ticket" rush was the way to go. Good to see everyone pay the same amount while some get to use the product they paid for and others are told they cannot, don't give me the party line as the bottom line is there are many that get MORE for the same money than others and that is BS.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see everyone pay the same amount while some get to use the product they paid for and others are told they cannot, don't give me the party line as the bottom line is there are many that get MORE for the same money than others and that is BS.

I get what you're saying, and like I said I completely understand why people are so frustrated. Just saying I think they purposely stepped up and pushed EGA to 7 days instead of 5 because of the massive amount of early pre-orders, without that extra 2 days we would be playing even later and the community would be in even more of an uproar.

Like you said, MOST everyone; it kinda sucks to be one of those that are just outside the Dec 15th access date and will be more than likely the 16th or 17th. Like I said earlier, BW should have made it known way, way, way earlier that they would stagger entry so people could have made an informed decision on when to pre-order. I am sure most everyone would have pre-ordered sooner. I am ok with waiting, I am not ok with the staggered entry or being told one thing and getting another.

The people pre-ordering in late November and early December have as much right as any to get their play time, doesn't matter if it's early, late or whenever. We PAID the same amount of money and now have to wait and watch others play the game when we were ALL told the same thing about early access. Every single player was told UP TO 5 Days, which was a lie since close to a million will get 5-7 days and the last 100,000 or so get 3-4 days. BW wanted as much PR as they could muster and a Willy Wonka style "golden ticket" rush was the way to go. Good to see everyone pay the same amount while some get to use the product they paid for and others are told they cannot, don't give me the party line as the bottom line is there are many that get MORE for the same money than others and that is BS.

no matter how you try to butter it up, it still comes down to this. if you get in 1 second before midnight, on the 19th, they fullfilled what they have advertised. that is the bottom line. you cant change it by dressing it up with a big paragraph.

Anyone else hearing the sound of a sad violin playing quietly in the background?

I pre-ordered on 11/2/11, so 2nd wave tomorrow looks promising. :) Pacific time so that's 4 am here. :)

That being said, while I understand everyone wanting to play (and I have whined as much as many of you) keep one thing in mind.

Bioware told us EARLY on that your Pre-order date WOULD affect the Early access placement. Staggering was not mentioned, but the idea of being "In the back o' the line" for Pre-ordering late / Redeeming codes late was obvious. The truth is that we are about to start on an AWESOME GAME. I liked WoW, I LOVE THIS. Two Beta Weekends into it and I was BUMMED having to go back to MW3. BUMMED. That says a LOT since I love me some Shoot'em up. So, can I at least ask that you act like Padawan's, if not Jedi?

Now back to your regularly scheduled Trolling..... Meatbags.

BW/EA hustle us!

u think they keep what they r telling u on forums and faq.

blablabla wave 1-4 based on when u ordered/redeemed ur pre order code.

Then why the hell is my friend playing the game he ordered it 12-dec 2012...and got in today in the game.

And belive me he is just a random guy...not friend of Obama or any kinda Mob.

This is wierd would be nice if someone that work for BW/EA can answer this

Can you ask him if there are any signs of the world ending yet?

lol, I preordered on 11/26 so im still waiting also, only im not freaking out about not getting in 7 days earlier as opposed to 5 days early. I want in but im not gonna pout about it and qq all day long on the internet.

Yeah im in the same boat... I pre-ordered the same day that my beta finished so its looking pretty bleak for me - who cares... ill hop on a fresh server when I get my email, why would someone threaten suing and boycotting the game over something so frivolous.

All you sooky la la's are showing everyone your age right there... mental age :sul_grin:

That said the last couple days have gone so slow LOL... I really hope I get an email tomorrow!!

Edited by datfella

Yeah im in the same boat... I pre-ordered the same day that my beta finished so its looking pretty bleak for me - who cares... ill hop on a fresh server when I get my email, I am going to sue everyone who destroyed my life. George Lucas! You cost me my job! I used to smile and add French fries to people's burger of choice but I quit so that I could be here every minute of every day and YOU WON'T LET ME IN!!!!!!!!!!

That said the last couple days have gone so slow LOL... I really hope I get an email tomorrow!!

There is no reason to go crazy buddy.

Judging by these estimates, I could make it in on the tail end of invites. Would be a nice perk to just sit around all day and never bring my baby home from the hospital!!!!:D

That is just SICK. Be an adult!!!

JK bro congrats my wife is Prego too. Can everyone see how evil the quote system can be?

*Updated December 13, 1:00pm PST

*Additional patch 4.3 content and support information can be found here.

*Notes for all World of Warcrap patches can be found here.

In the wake of the Cataclysm, Azeroth's champions rose up to thwart the forces of the maddened black Dragon Aspect, Deathwing. Thus far the world's defenders have...

...so we will ensure our place in the Online World by giving our Kunf-Fu Pandas LIGHTSABERS !!!! And Force Powers!!! Wow will remain the worlds best MMO!!!! .....

* General Bug Fixes

[China, Korea, Taiwan] Pasting from the clipboard should no longer cause the client to crash.

Many tooltips have been made more accurate.

Using #showtooltip in a macro should now cause the action bar icon to become highlight at the appropriate times.

Pet bars will no longer sometimes disappear when zoning.

Pets should now more reliably keep up with mounted players.

Reflected spells are now affected by the resilience of the player that ultimately takes damage.

The process of re-integrating mages into Night Elf society has advanced such that Night Elf Mages now receive all racial bonuses, specifically Elusiveness.

Secondary debuffs will now more reliably apply to targets which are knocked out of Stealth or Invisibility.

just wanted to say something, i like to read the boards but rarely post. this staggered invitation process has nothing to do with server integrity. it has to do with bioware saying thankyou to the people who have been with them from the beginning. through all the people saying this game is going to suck, the star wars galaxies people saying the game sucks etc etc. this is bioware saying thankyou to those people. how else do you expect them to do it? send individual ******s to all of their houses? this is the way they can do it, so they do it. if some of you could understand this principle of honor, maybe our situation in this world could improve a bit.

Don't know the difference between Political Humor and Attacking Minors I am gonna call it a night. Maybe the "Censors" who work days have a sense of humor....

No I'm just tired just too excited to sleep and it confused me a bit.

You do realize you paid to play on the 20th, right? The early access was a bonus. Also, since the early access bonus was UP TO 5 days, not necessarily a TOTAL of 5 days, as long as you get in at some point before the 20th, you will have gotten what they promised, right?

And they did say that early access would be given on a first come, first served basis. It's not Bioware/EA's fault that you didn't pre-order sooner. It's your own.

You do realize you paid to play on the 20th, right? The early access was a bonus. Also, since the early access bonus was UP TO 5 days, not necessarily a TOTAL of 5 days, as long as you get in at some point before the 20th, you will have gotten what they promised, right?

And they did say that early access would be given on a first come, first served basis. It's not Bioware/EA's fault that you didn't pre-order sooner. It's your own.

Lol I just been sitting and watching, I'm tired though but no sleep will come.

This estimate best be wrong!

DAY 4 (Friday) will contain the rest of the invites aka:

~25th November - 14th December

I freaking ordered on the 26th.

/Wrists

Official statement says "last week of november" for today.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.