The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Expertise Exploiting

Hurkk

We play against a guild on Warriors of the Shadow server and they hack through our champ geared level 50's like butter. You attack them and you hardly dent them and we think they have been abusing Expertise. Lets face it, these devs pushed this game with problems to meet a deadline and its time they added a patch which gives an expertise cap.

This is from someone who has pvp'd for 20 years now(yea im old) in MMOs and can say im 100% certain they are abusing something(s) major. Yes, I know about Relics and abilities which give you boosts, but this is sustained and nonstop to the degree where none of them ever die even when Focus Fired through an entire warzone and I have fought them now 4 times with the scoreboard showing the same results.

Please look into this as players are going to get fed up.

Edited by Hurkk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We play against Empire of INsomnia guild on Warriors of the Shadow server and they hack through our champ geared level 50's like butter. You attack them and you hardly dent them and we think they have been abusing Expertise. Lets face it, these devs pushed this game with problems to meet a deadline and its time they added a patch which gives an expertise cap.

This is from someone who has pvp'd for 20 years now(yea im old) in MMOs and can say im 100% certain they are abusing something(s) major. Yes, I know about Relics and abilities which give you boosts, but this is sustained and nonstop to the degree where none of them ever die even when Focus Fired through an entire warzone and I have fought them now 4 times with the scoreboard showing the same results.

new game new style...ltpvp torstyle ???

Funny because in my experience old gamers are the ones most likely to cry foul at something completely legitimate. They also love to rationalize it with "well i'm old, so i'm right"

Pretty much this.

Im from the guild explicit we are a PVP guild and we fought these guys last night. There was no hacking or abuse and to be honest they kicked our ***, but we were running iwth lowbes and were under geared atm. They have good tanks on there side with good healers. They were hard to kill but not impossible. I was able to take a few of them down on my own. But they are a good premade you just need to learn how to deal with it.

Funny because in my experience old gamers are the ones most likely to cry foul at something completely legitimate. They also love to rationalize it with "well i'm old, so i'm right"

Personally, I think youa re one of those players who has nothing better to do but troll. Play against them, have 4 guys focus firing one out where he is solo and not being able to dent 10% health before you die... yea legit.

At anyrate, game is broken. I dont mind losing to skill but take your childish taunts home please.

I think biochem pots and stims stacking has something to do with it, which needs to be addressed.

Yea I am not sure exactly what they are doing and without a combat log I really cannot give proof of anything. When you have a ton of people beating on a guy who is solo without any allies around and he loses almost no health something is bugged. Meanwhile he systematically chews through your entire party like its nothing(with me being healer healing).

On topic to OP:

They may have a lot of tanks on their team(s).

I'm starting to see more and more that a lot of people are unaware that tanks in PvP now can grant serious mitigation for other players on the team. For example, they can cast "guard" on others and absorb some of their damage. In addition, if you are hitting their teammate and they cast /taunt on you, the damage done to the person you're attacking is reduced.

Just something to think about - you may already know of all of this, just throwing it out there as a possible contributor to why they are so hard to kill.

What class was it which was so hard to take down, any specific ?

Inquisitor, Shadow Warrior were just 2 i saw, honestly with 5000 expertise they chewed through anyone so fast it wasnt a matter of class.

So just to clarify what you're saying:

It was 4v1 and he wasn't receiving heals. You are all full champ geared lvl 50s. He killed all of you and you couldn't take 10% of the players health?

If that's true then yes there's some kind of exploit going on. Otherwise, like it's been said above, it sounds like they just have some ****** tanks with maxed out expterise/defenses/hp with likewise healers and DPS.

Accept that you aren't always going to be the best, it happens.

On topic to OP:

They may have a lot of tanks on their team(s).

I'm starting to see more and more that a lot of people are unaware that tanks in PvP now can grant serious mitigation for other players on the team. For example, they can cast "guard" on others and absorb some of their damage. In addition, if you are hitting their teammate and they cast /taunt on you, the damage done to the person you're attacking is reduced.

Just something to think about - you may already know of all of this, just throwing it out there as a possible contributor to why they are so hard to kill.

No, was not tanks man, I am not some brand new guy who doesnt understand that tanks guarding people is a tough combo, i use it religiously and pocket-heal as much as I can with a tank. This was a matter of straight, sustained unbelievable dps and as I said several times previously, when a guy is out solo and nobody can dent him there is a bug/exploit being abused. Even a solo tank you should be able to have 4 level 50s attacking do SOME damage.

We play against Empire of INsomnia guild on Warriors of the Shadow server and they hack through our champ geared level 50's like butter. You attack them and you hardly dent them and we think they have been abusing Expertise. Lets face it, these devs pushed this game with problems to meet a deadline and its time they added a patch which gives an expertise cap.

PVP doesnt get ironed out until like a few months or so after release, be patient

So just to clarify what you're saying:

It was 4v1 and he wasn't receiving heals. You are all full champ geared lvl 50s. He killed all of you and you couldn't take 10% of the players health?

If that's true then yes there's some kind of exploit going on. Otherwise, like it's been said above, it sounds like they just have some ****** tanks with maxed out expterise/defenses/hp with likewise healers and DPS.

Accept that you aren't always going to be the best, it happens.

Yea, I will drop it, just had to vent as this annoys me. But I really really hope devs cap Expertise at some level in the future.

Guard alone gives 50% dmg reduction, add the taunts and you have probably more than 70%. Now add the relic, Iam not sure but I heard there is one which has 50% aswell ?

What class did you fight and was so hard to take down ?

Sith sorcerers who are healers are hard to take down, especially if they have full champion. 9% reduction from expertise, 50% from guard, 30% from taunt, and their shield = impossible to kill. My guildies and I 3v8 a team in huttball.

I bet they just have one or two Jedi guardians ( w/e the sith side of this class is) and he is spec for being a tank just tuanting your team and throwing guard up on the people being targeted by your focus fire grp. just by doing that you will be dealing way less damage then you used to doing becuase one guy decided hey im gonna be a team player and make my team take less damage. It see it work all the time when i play my jedi Guardian in pvp. Hope this helps in some way.

Yea I am not sure exactly what they are doing and without a combat log I really cannot give proof of anything. When you have a ton of people beating on a guy who is solo without any allies around and he loses almost no health something is bugged. Meanwhile he systematically chews through your entire party like its nothing(with me being healer healing).

It probably has to do with any of these possible factors:

1. Guard 50% redux

2. Absorb shield(s)

3. Max expertise from gear

4. Expertise stims

5. Guard 50% redux

6. 10% armor from sorc

7. Force shroud

8. Stims

9. Guard 50% redux

10. Taunts or other DPS debuffs

It could be a few of them or all of them in a good group.

Edited by Modecrypt

Unless you have some kind of evidence (screen shots, video clip, etc) people are going to find what you're saying hard to believe. 4v1 and you're all lvl 50? You're going to kill the person or at least put a nice dent in his HP.

Id much rather have Devs look into this than buying Fraps or is there some other free/better video program?