Drastically reduce cooldown of Fleet Pass needed

Pestwulf

The physical token is the much more affordable option if you don't have an iPhone or Android device. I have a Blackberry and am not switching phones for an MMO app. LMAO

No, but unless you're using it for work, you should probably switch phones because it's a Blackberry.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are only free for people who have $500+ dollar cell phones.

Go figure.

Before you say those are free, too...some people don't like contracts.

Shameless plug here but there are 100 euro prepaid android phones out there that do what the top models of 2 years ago did... and can run the authenticator.

I guess you could probably use an Android emulator on your PC to run an authenticator.

I have my authenticator on my Virgin Mobile smartphone, no contract, $25/month and the phone cost less than this game. This is NOT a commercial, just saying you don't have to spend much money to get a nice smartphone these days and giving a real world example.

It does seem unfair for such a major mechanic to be available to people who use authenticators, but it just goes to show you how important Bioware thinks security is.

What they should do is allow mounts in ship hangar, having to run in an out of hangars every time is a pain when you paid so much money for a mount and wastes a ton of time overall. In fact I don't get why so many places dismount you.

also, abuout smartphones, it's all good and well, but I don't just need one. Can't stand those small screens for browsing etc, I use a basic phone to...phone and that's it. Yeah I have internet acces at work, so I'm really without internet during transit times only, not worth getting one, and a MMO app won't change that.

OK, um... if you spent $500 for your iPhone or Android phone, you're doing it wrong.

So, I bought my 12 year old McDonalds last night. I know, I know, horrible food, I won't eat it myself; she shouldn't eat it, true... But I owed her one, and it's what she wanted.

My point is this. Her 10 piece McNugget meal was $7.29.

For $6.50, the little authenticator showed up at my house in the mail.

So, skip a meal (if you're like 60% of Americans, you probably should any way...), and get an authenticator.

The point of the OP was that the Fleet Pass CD is too long.

Agreed. Put it on 2 hours.

I was wondering why everyone was griping about orbital stations when only Hutta and Korriban had them.

Until I got to Taris... and I said, "Oh, yeah... These are annoying."

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to add flavor in the game by having you get in your ship from a planet/station, take off, go into space and choose a destination to go to, then disembark from your ship to a shuttle to take you to the station/planet or in the case of no fly zones, going to an orbital structure which then takes you to the planet.

It has a very cool flavor to it the first 30 or 40 times you do it. But I'm finding that after that, I'd really like to spend less than 25 minutes of running around to join my group for a night of playing in which we get about 3 hours. 25 minutes of it used in transportation is like going way back to the days of EQ when you had literally 15 minute boat rides where you did nothing but sail around and hope not to die to bugs.

Travel in SWTOR is a lot like that. I would like the option of taking the cumbersome route for the "flavor" of it if I was in that mood for some reason, but I'd also like the option of getting to my party a LOT quicker.

If you are keeping it that way for "flavor" then I'd have to point out that personal hovercraft at level 25 being used in mass on the fleet station more than completely destroys the ambiance and mood. Even if you add in transportation time reduction, I'd like to see the personal craft removed from the space station and instead give everyone a better run speed to compensate. It just looks completely silly with 15 personal speeders running all over the place inside a space station or having the vault access look like some kind of Drive in Movie lot.

You're crazy! They should INCREASE the CD time on it to 7 days.

You want easy mode? Why do all these blizzard posters (paid for by Blizzard) have to water the game down with fun?

You can have your fun. We play SWTOR, we want tedium and boredom in our game ty very much.

SWTOR's would be perfect if they would just implement my idea to make space travel between planets in real time. I think going from the fleet to Tatooine should take 6 hours of real time.

Oh and please no dual spec and can you please add more load screens? Pretty please Bioware?

I was including shipping :o

Exactly. they are a *grand total* of $6.50 American US Dollar Greenbacks Simoleans all told, including shipping.

650 pennies. <-- It's not much. As stated previously twice before (weird how people think alike), it's less than a Mickey D combo meal.

Sorry, but 18hrs is perfect. It's not a bus pass, it's an emergency transport to Fleet when you are in a rush.

Anything less than 18hrs would be a joke./

Why would it be a joke? I am not being sarcastic, I am just curious as to what the huge detriment, in your opinion, to say, a 2 hour cooldown would be...

Buy the Authenticator... There's cake!!!

But seriously you're surprised they are placing incentives to nudge people into buying a cheep device that they believe will help with game security. You have 2 choices right now. Deal with the long CD or buy a $4 ($7 with shipping) device.