Dear Bioware -- Please release your controversial schedule for EGA

Vapourise

Dear Bioware community managers and directors,

I formally and humbly request to view the schedule for Early Game Access. I would like to know if I should tell my friends if I'm available for Friday night, and work if I am available to work my Saturday afternoon shift.

It would be of great benefit to us all -- enough damage has already been dealt. Releasing this schedule would appease much of the community's concern about not knowing when they will have access. We acknowledge that it would be subject to change, and that is has changed, but please release the first non-revised schedule so that we may have some clue as to when we are eligible to enter the game.

On the front page it says and did say for a long time that we 'may' have up to 5 days early access if we pre-order. While many may argue the case that technically this could mean we could have 1 hour and still be legit, it may be false advertising if people who order in that period from the ad being shown do not get 5 days. If this is the case, it is classified as false advertising because it mislead people to believe that they have a chance at getting 5 days, when nobody in that time frame did. This is deceptive and is one of the classifications of 'false advertising', legally. You can not argue this, it is a legal precedent.

Remember this is all based on the assumption that nobody who pre-ordered during the advertisement date get in for 5 days gameplay...

The wording would be seen by a judge as a marketing device and deceptive as nobody who pre-ordered during that period got 5 days early access.

I couldn't sell chocolate bars advertising that one may have a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's factory and then say, "Oh, well actually the ticket was found 4 months ago before this advertisement was made."

It's simply not ethical.

Thank you,

A disgruntled adult student.

Edited by Vapourise

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only controversial to those who are impatient. As a fellow student, I'm catching up on studying and coursework while I wait. Better to do it now, than to cut into my playing time later I say.

Agreed, but I don't like to find out that I have a test the same day I go into a lecture.

It's only controversial to those who are impatient. As a fellow student, I'm catching up on studying and coursework while I wait. Better to do it now, than to cut into my playing time later I say.

Exactly what everyone smart is thinking.

Exactly what everyone smart is thinking.

Newsflash for you. Human beings are not smart. They are angry, selfish and greedy.

These forums are going to get a lot lot worse as the next few days pass unless they change their strategy.

Have you ever baited an animal by withholding a reward or food just out of its reach over and over? How long does it take before the animal gets angry and bites you....

I formally and humbly request to view the schedule for Early Game Access. I would like to know if I should tell my friends if I'm available for Friday night, and work if I am available to work my Saturday afternoon shift.

I would advice you to stop living and planning your life around a video game.

Oh for crying out loud, caveat emptor.

While I'm sure it's frustrating not knowing when you will have access, being frustrated does not make it false advertising.

Since you want to turn this into a legal thing, feel free; as their wording will protect them.

"Up to" 5 days. Whether you like it or not, whether you think it's fair or not; you should never assume anything when it comes to advertising.

"Up to" 5 days. Whether you like it or not, whether you think it's fair or not; you should never assume anything when it comes to advertising.

Remember this is all based on the assumption that nobody who pre-ordered during the advertisement date get in for 5 days gameplay...

The wording would be seen by a judge as a marketing device and deceptive as nobody who pre-ordered during that period got 5 days early access.

I couldn't sell chocolate bars advertising that one may have a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's factory and then say, "Oh, well actually the ticket was found 4 months ago before this advertisement was made."

It's simply not ethical.

I'm an adult. I'll patronise you all I want. If you don't want to be patronised don't behave like a child.

I'm behaving like the adult I am. An adult is somebody 18 or over in my country, and I am therefore an adult. My post is reasonable and thought out. I am not expressing any emotions.

Edited by Vapourise

Any kind of schedule would be nice. Even if it's just a far fetched estimation. I'm not really worried though. I'm a December pre-order, so I'll be perfectly happy to get in before the weekend. And if not by then, it's okay, the longer the wait the sweeter it will be when the day finally arrives.

It would be of great benefit to us all -- enough damage has already been dealt. Releasing this schedule would appease much of the community's concern about not knowing when they will have access. We acknowledge that it would be subject to change, and that is has changed, but please release the first non-revised schedule so that we may have some clue as to when we are eligible to enter the game.

On the front page it says and did say for a long time that we 'may' have up to 5 days early access if we pre-order. While many may argue the case that technically this could mean we could have 1 hour and still be legit, it may be false advertising if people who order in that period from the ad being shown do not get 5 days. If this is the case, it is classified as false advertising because it mislead people to believe that they have a chance at getting 5 days, when nobody in that time frame did. This is deceptive and is one of the classifications of 'false advertising', legally. You can not argue this, it is a legal precedent.

Thank you,

A disgruntled student.

They will never do that because they suck. End of story.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.