Blizzard strikes back!

JediSanta

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My server population is currently "Very heavy" and its 8:15 Am on MONDAY. So are several others.

/Fail thread

When I look at the server list most are light. Your one special server out of how many? I cannot even play the game right now because there are 30 people in the fleet and there is no way to do group content. Yeah that's right, I expect to be able to get on any time I want and do group content. That is what I expect for my money. Too bad I guess. And this is not just in the last hour, or 3, or 5. About 11ish/midnight to about 10/11am you can forget about group content.

You know I used to love Blizzard. I played the original Diablo, I didn't play 2. Honestly I don't know if I'll buy the product, it will depend greatly.

Over the course of the last several years my rose colored glasses started to clear up in relation to this company, and while I know they are capable of making great games I just don't know if I trust them anymore.

Blizzard and I went on a date for quite some time, but all i got was a dry kiss at the door.

I wonder how many accounts registered on the TOR forums are actually Blizzard employees being paid to badmouth this game like they did on the Rift Forums.

I'm new to the MMO market, and if this is true (and it might be), I'm really :eek:

Just like most rumors, this one is also false.

Internet pics do not make something true.

I just photoshopped a picture of me and Eva Mendes hanging out in Beverly Hills. I also posted this on the internet.

It has to be true, right?

When I look at the server list most are light. Your one special server out of how many? I cannot even play the game right now because there are 30 people in the fleet and there is no way to do group content. Yeah that's right, I expect to be able to get on any time I want and do group content. That is what I expect for my money. Too bad I guess. And this is not just in the last hour, or 3, or 5. About 11ish/midnight to about 10/11am you can forget about group content.

Do you ***** and complain to the manager when you order food at a Restaurant and the foods not on your table in seconds?

It's was the announcement of the MoP expansion that pretty much killed WoW for me. Pandas? ya no thanks, last time I checked I'm not a 16 year old asian female.

I don't think it's a bad move if they are trying to appeal to the Eastern market. Plus, a lot of people who say they hate the expansion will get it, if only for completion's sake... It seems like quite the departure though, we'll see.

Says it all http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/03/the-old-republic-drops-30-spots/

Star Wars: The Old Republic drops 30 spots on the UK sales charts

January 3, 2012 | Sebastian HaleyAdd a CommentinShare.

Electronic Arts and BioWare’s long-awaited, big budget Star Wars: The Old Republic has seen an unprecedented drop down the UK sales charts. According to Chart-Track, the licensed massively multiplayer online game plummeted from 10th position all the way to 38th during the week ending on December 31.

The steep decline is not a good sign for the momentous MMO, largely accepted to be one of the most expensive games ever made. Released on December 20, The Old Republic quickly reached one million registered users globally. Leading up to its release, the game was expected to either be the first real threat to Blizzard Entertainment’s monopoly over the MMO space, or a massive failure a la most other titles in the genre, including Sony Online Entertainment’s oft-troubled Star Wars: Galaxies, whose servers were recently taken offline

Your point being?

Of course sales dropped after the initial purchases. Everyone who wants to buy it bought it! This is lame. Your posts hold no value and shouldn't we have a whole year of not hearing your bunk? Aren't you supposed to be off somewhere with your elves making toy lightsabers or speeders or something?

Get lost!

Edited by Dakien

wait so you expect loads of people to be up at midnight and be playing all the way to 10 am?

wait so you expect loads of people to be up at midnight and be playing all the way to 10 am?

define loads. and tell me how long i should have to wait as a healer when tanks and healers are the only roles that are sought after for groups.

let me make it clear. the problem is not the wait. there are not enough people online. you can't wait for something that will not happen.

Edited by Aisar

I bought Diablo 3 in that one year package of WoW (on the account of my son) as a sidegame..I will buy GW2 also as a sidegame, same with Skyrim :

No fees, so I'll play it whenever I'm want a little sidetrip. Those are not the games that I will play as my main game.

And you prob never played Diablo, but its not a MMO. And the idea that ONE single game destroying the community of tor, is actually retarded.

Diablo 2 could be just as time consuming as any MMO. There are two games that I am looking forward to: GW2 and D3. Those games could absolutely pull me away from SWTOR for long periods of time. That doesn't mean it's the kind of game that will hurt SWTOR numbers by a large scale, but it won't help.

define loads. and tell me how long i should have to wait as a healer when tanks and healers are the only roles that are sought after for groups.

I didnt say anything about you waiting, I was clarifying your inability to grasp the concept that a vast majority of the human population works/functions between the hours you seem to be asleep and sleep while your playing.

So to clarify my own comment, your weird

fantasy / wizardy game > no interest

Same for me. I used to like fantasy crap when I was a kid, but now sci-fi is just way more mature and cooler. I'll take Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica over Game of Thrones any day.

Same for me. I used to like fantasy crap when I was a kid, but now sci-fi is just way more mature and cooler. I'll take Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica over Game of Thrones any day.

Uhhh yes, that is such a great argument /rolls eyes

What, exactly, does Blizzard need to strike back from? The release of SWTOR? Give me a break, this game has put a very tiny mole hole dent in WoW, nothing serious.

As for the release of D3, would be nice if it were Feb 1 but I doubt that.