Dishonest implications

AlpsStranger

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/586/swtorheadstart300x250.jpg

Nothing in this ad is technically false, but I think we all know what is being implied. This really isn't cool.

That ad isn't dishonest. That is pretty mild in comparison to some of the things I've seen on the web.

5 days early access would be the 15th look at your calander. :p

"Why do I have less then 5 days early access? It says I will have 5 days!

If you read it carefully, it says that you will have "Up to 5 days early access". If you were lucky enough to be one of the first to redeem a code you may have a full five days, or up to 7 as they brought the date forward to the 13th."

Getting into EGA if you pre-order right now is extremely unlikely. It's deceptive.

To prevent aimless rage brought on by seeing an advertisement:

I use adblock and don't watch commercial TV live.

To all those who have not seen more deceptive adverts, I envy you with all my very being.

The other day I saw a car ad that made it look like I would become rich and powerful and get lots of models chasing after me.

Edited by umbongoumbongo

"Why do I have less then 5 days early access? It says I will have 5 days!

If you read it carefully, it says that you will have "Up to 5 days early access". If you were lucky enough to be one of the first to redeem a code you may have a full five days, or up to 7 as they brought the date forward to the 13th."

Getting into EGA if you pre-order right now is extremely unlikely. It's deceptive.

up to doesnt mean full 5 days moron

If people actually paid attention to the details this would not be a problem. You have no one but yourself to blame for being a uninformed consumer.

This!

But personal responsibility is a thing of the past I think. It's always someone else's fault these days.

This is one of the most deceptive ads I've ever seen. Well, but what can you expect from EA.

Its no more dishonest than your ISP saying you get "Up to" 10 Mbps speeds... It means you CAN get that good, but it doesn't tell you what you'll definitely or usually get. In that same vein the ad says "Up to 5 days early" which means you could get anywhere 1 minute to 5 days early. They made no promises to anyone on when they would actually be playing. People really need to learn to read the entire statement, not just the parts they like.

Nothing in this ad is technically false, but I think we all know what is being implied. This really isn't cool.

Actually, wow... that is kinda dishonest.

"Up to 5 days" was kinda riding the line but not crossing it. That's definitely implying playing when, if you pre-order today, you aren't gonna be playing until the 19th at the latest probably.

The ads are dishonest because only people who preorder get early access? So in other words, it's Bioware/EA's fault for lazy consumers who didn't read the "may" part in the "you may get up to 5 days early access"?

This is a completely useless topic like every other one with people who are just needlessly complaining. All I'm hearing is "boo hoo I didn't get in on the 13th even when they added 2 extra days on early access time, but I'm still gonna complain anyway". Be glad your even given a chance to get in early, otherwise you would be waiting till the 20th.

Its no more dishonest than your ISP saying you get "Up to" 10 Mbps speeds... It means you CAN get that good, but it doesn't tell you what you'll definitely or usually get. In that same vein the ad says "Up to 5 days early" which means you could get anywhere 1 minute to 5 days early. They made no promises to anyone on when they would actually be playing. People really need to learn to read the entire statement, not just the parts they like.

Missing the point. At this point in time its pretty obvious that if you preorder now you CANNOT get up to 5 days. It is more dishonest than the ISP example because if you use the net on off peak hours you probably will see close to your max speed, so that isn't dishonest. But right now with the preorders you have 0 chance of 5 days or anything close with how its looking.

I guess you didn't even look at the picture because it says nothing about Up To 5 Days.

Without any other knowledge, the ad in question is implying that Pre-Ordering today will get you into Early Access - which is true, however you'll probably only get 1-3 days. In some ways it is misleading, however nothing that anybody could rightfully complain about.

The ad is not a problem when you read Pre-Order information and FAQs.

This reminds me this one time...

I caught a fish and as I reeled him in he started complaining about how the lure looks too much like a fly. When I told him that was the idea behind a lure he said that I was just a dishonest person.

I didn't eat him.

I just left him on the sidewalk.

It was 102 that day and I could smell him cook on the asphalt.

Alive.

The ads are dishonest because only people who preorder get early access? So in other words, it's Bioware/EA's fault for lazy consumers who didn't read the "may" part in the "you may get up to 5 days early access"?

This is a completely useless topic like every other one with people who are just needlessly complaining. All I'm hearing is "boo hoo I didn't get in on the 13th even when they added 2 extra days on early access time, but I'm still gonna complain anyway". Be glad your even given a chance to get in early, otherwise you would be waiting till the 20th.

Except that its a 0 percent chance for 5 days after a certain point... I'm not sure how you might possible get "up to" 5 days when it's literally impossible to.

there was false advertising for the one was running around 2 days ago.

"Pre order now. you may get 7 days of early access"

ok so in no way are they lying. but they are not telling the truth, NO ONE who preordered when they saw the you may get seven days early access actually got seven days early access or had a chance to get seven days early access. there have been lawsuits built out of less.

Sigh...another person that doesn't understand English enough to know what "up to" means. When you see a store ad for sale up to 40% off, is every item on sale 40% off? Not usually.

Also, look at a damn calendar. We're still 6 days from launch...we're not even at the 5 day mark, and idiots are whining about the 5 days.

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys