The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

November preorders get IN here!!

Nightborder

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reddit has a post regarding pre-orders and access emails. They show the latest as of wave 4 was early October, shrug, it's probably a little wrong. Still, they predict all pre-orders will have access by Friday at the latest, with majority by tomorrow.

Weird some said 2nd and 3rd people were in game. Either they were trolling or their system is messed up. Did you try the launcher?

No dice on the launcher. Although I'm looking at it now and it says I'm the 2nd, maybe it took a day to process. In any case I'm not in yet.

Funny how this has worked out, first day was the main spike of preorders being July. Today was August, Sept, most of Oct, and a few in Nov, so if tomorrow they get all of Nov AND Dec, then everyone would be in on the 15th and got the 5 days that people had the most ridiculous understanding of. BioWare then made it possible for EVERYONE to have not UP TO 5 days early, but actually an entire 5 days early. Thank You BioWare.

your numbers are off cut off today was oct 2nd

They didnt even finish July yesterday, dont get your hopes up.

Next as stated by Stephen

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

So yesterdays waves covered a week so yes they most definitely did not get past July, so maybe they have now but it all depends how big the waves are or how many people they cover in a wave.

Who knows?

They really need to start rolling out a months pre-orders per wave otherwise we will not get to see a early access.

But lets just hope as they carry on rolling them out in increasing amounts. They will start ramping up the amount of people within each wave as they see that the servers are coping fine. I am a Systems Admin and when I roll out servers that is how I would do it atleast.

DrewIAHWK DrewIAHWK

@Rockjaw Why are you guys still advertising up to 5 days EGA? No way will anyone post November get more then 1 day, seems kinda deceitful.

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@DrewIAHWK It's a little early to be saying that.

7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

i didn't think they got anyone in Nov ?

i think that was someone trolling

Nah, one of my good IRL friends txt me about 30 mins ago and said he got his email and will be logging on when he gets home from work. He was in early Nov, like the 3rd I think. So there are at least some ppl from Nov in.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I was told that we were guaranteed to get in at least 5 days early if we preordered...is that not what the pre-order was all about? Why would anyone preorder and download the client and jump through all the hoops to get to play 1 day before it comes out? I'm just curious...

u can say whatever u want they failed launch EGA mails waves whatever. (i dotn agree on it :p)

But one thing they did right.

They got a community together. (most of the community is against them atm but hey who cares :D)

another godo thing is im pretty sure we can all play before 2012 (if u bought the game)

everyone that wants to play WILL be able to play after the 20th as i bet the stores will end up over stocked.

the community is now actually pretty fractured with a lot of nasty issues and name calling.. toxic forums can be very bad things

I'm not sure about you guys, but I was told that we were guaranteed to get in at least 5 days early if we preordered...is that not what the pre-order was all about? Why would anyone preorder and download the client and jump through all the hoops to get to play 1 day before it comes out? I'm just curious...

No, we were guaranteed UP TO 5 days

UP TO 5 days

Lets not go through this again...

I bought boxed version of the game from Zavvi on late September, but got the pre-access code only at November 16th. So after almost 2 months of waiting and arm twisting they cared to give in and deliver on their promise. Pathetic, really pathetic.

So here I am now, November guy instead of being September one.

Well, we're happy to have you in our group :) Pull up a chair and have some tea and cookies. If waiting in giant PAX and Comic Con lines taught me one thing, it's that it's always great to queue up with a group of gamer nerds.

Cheers!

Nope, you understood incorrectly. It was UP TO 5 days of preorder access, not a flat 5 days. It never guaranteed 5 days, just that pre-orders did get up to 5 days of access. This has been literally posted HUNDREDS of times already over the last day or two.

Funny how this has worked out, first day was the main spike of preorders being July. Today was August, Sept, most of Oct, and a few in Nov, so if tomorrow they get all of Nov AND Dec, then everyone would be in on the 15th and got the 5 days that people had the most ridiculous understanding of. BioWare then made it possible for EVERYONE to have not UP TO 5 days early, but actually an entire 5 days early. Thank You BioWare.

At this point in the game I'm starting to see that sort of pattern as well. In then end it seems to have worked out in a nerdy, "just" sort of way: the most hardcore geeks who preordered day 1 got in the earliest (etc..), and those who were hardcore enough to at least preorder (I wanted to wait till that beta weekend just to make sure the game worked on my system and what not) will get their time, too. So yeah, hi-five to Bio (assuming that it plays out like this) for doing a pretty decent job orchestrating this.