Is this a strategy against a premade lvl 50 team with expertise?

Chiricahua

We just fought against an Imp team with ungodly buffs. Even 3 against 1 - a mercenary - we could only ding his health by about 20%. If your group tried to engage 3 or more players at once in 2 seconds you were dead. So basically, the last 45 seconds everyone just sat down. The only victory you could rest from the Imperials was to deny them another kill count.

Is this the only protest players can make against a corporate mentality that says we don't care?

Edited by Chiricahua

If you only did 20% against a merc spec then he either had guard and heals or the 3 players were completely awful. Pvp gear doesnt reduce damage by THAT much.

I'm sure he had guard and heals. In the match prior to that I saw a Sith Sorcerer out heal is way when he was set upon by 3 republic players. Either way you slice it, this is no way to construct pvp in a game. We are long past due for brackets.

Unfortunaly yes, this or either a "leave warzone", gladly there is no desertir debuff :)

If there like one tank like powertech guard per one healer (and some dps just for fun) - you will not be able to score even a single kill, while the whole opposite team goes immortal/godly status this the end of victory :)

Edited by Wikar

I'm sure he had guard and heals. In the match prior to that I saw a Sith Sorcerer out heal is way when he was set upon by 3 republic players. Either way you slice it, this is no way to construct pvp in a game. We are long past due for brackets.
If he had guard and heals, then it was actually 3v3, not 3v1. If you are going up 3v3 against full pvp geared 50's I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be destroyed.

There is your problem, why didn't you go for the healer 1st? As a healer myself, i LOVE it when people go against a merc or Powertech/juggernaut and dont see me, it usualy gets me my medals lol :p

If he had guard and heals, then it was actually 3v3, not 3v1. If you are going up 3v3 against full pvp geared 50's I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be destroyed.

What i don't understand is that if somebody had guard on him they had to be within a 15 meter range. There was no one visible within 30 meters of this guy. Either there stealth was really good, or there wasn't a guard. At any rate it was like he had the god mode switched on.

Edited by Chiricahua

As a 50 Merc with 500ish expertise, I can spam heal myself through lower level players trying to kill me and most of the time survive. So, imagining the situation you were in was the opposite side of one I often am, here's a couple things:

You're group was probably not using the best tactics to succeed. Damage dealing isn't the priority. Stopping the Merc from healing himself is. Interrupt his main heal. When he starts his main heals induction again, knock him back. When he pop's his shield that makes his heals not suffer from pushback, CC him. When you are doing damage, use skills that hit multiple times. The shorter time between your attacks, the more knockbacks to his healing. Meaning a long induction heavy hitting skill should be saved for when you stun him.

Admittedly, it can be tough for lower leveled toons to take down a heavy armor healer who has invested a lot of time into their character and knows what they are doing. But it's possible with the right tactics. And if he is healing himself, he's also not doing anything to you.

As far as facing a pre-made with expertise, it sucks. But it goes both ways. Sometimes you end up facing a leveled, geared group with just a pug. But other times, your going to be the one low level in a group with leveled, geared people, just dominating a pug. Maybe your luck has been poor being on the giving side of it. But with a bracket system coming, your only dealing with this for a little while longer.

Edited by Cuomo

ok let me see if i got this right.

players who spent less time developing their characters and therefor dont rly know as well how to play them perfectly (probably) which are also queuing up solo complain about players who spent alot more time developing their characters (getting to 50 + obtaining gear) which also play as an organized group.

u seriously expect to stand a chance ?

u seriously think u should stand a chance?

pvp (esp. team orientated pvp is about time investment, teamplay and organization)

if u dont put in the same effort as these guys did u should lose ALWAYS, every single fight, thats how it is deal with it or dont join warzones. simple as that rly.

not meant in an offensive way but more effort should be rewarded. if it was any other way the whole system would be broken.

players who spent less time developing their characters and therefor dont rly know as well how to play them perfectly (probably) which are also queuing up solo complain about players who spent alot more time developing their characters (getting to 50 + obtaining gear) which also play as an organized group.

pvp (esp. team orientated pvp is about time investment, teamplay and organization)

if u dont put in the same effort as these guys did u should lose ALWAYS, every single fight, thats how it is deal with it or dont join warzones. simple as that rly.

not meant in an offensive way but more effort should be rewarded. if it was any other way the whole system would be broken.

This. a million times this.

No, completely wrong.

That's why they are putting in a 50s bracket, although it really should have been in from the beginning.

No, completely wrong.

That's why they are putting in a 50s bracket, although it really should have been in from the beginning.

cool so what u gonna do once u hit 50? quit? reroll?

ive seen this kind of discussion in every single mmo that has been released within the last 10 years.

surely gear has an effect but ppl need to realize that even with same gear they will still lose to an organized group. i promise u if u would switch accounts. with one of those players and would get to play against them on sub 50 chars with random gear they would still wipe the floor with you np simply cos they run as a group with communication and teamplay.

if u wanna stand up to them, get friends that can play, gear up, practice ur teamplay and eventually u will be able to beat them.

if u think u can just join a random pug wz and beat a proper setgroup then ur dillusional.

gear has little to no effect on the outcome of that fight.

We just fought against an Imp team with ungodly buffs. Even 3 against 1 - a mercenary - we could only ding his health by about 20%. If your group tried to engage 3 or more players at once in 2 seconds you were dead. So basically, the last 45 seconds everyone just sat down. The only victory you could rest from the Imperials was to deny them another kill count.

Is this the only protest players can make against a corporate mentality that says we don't care?

Don't re-sub.

I'm almost certainly not going to.

No gear helps against pushing from cliff, to acid / fire pit. A lot of geared lvl 50 people are cluless and just carried by their team. It is not uncommon to interrupt a lightning spamming sith just to watch him standing and doing nothing until he dies.

All it takes is a geared sorc and a geared Juggernaut on voicecom and there is pretty much nothing a pug can do. I suppose the hazards are you only option to delay but even that will be challanging for a pug.

I never leave a WZ even against pre-made of high quality I enjoy the challenge of trying to beat them even tho I'm lvl42. With a bit of desire and a never back down attitude you might actually come out with a win, like I have a few times.

The PVP in this game feels like an even more shallow minigame than the space combat.

For the most part you barely even have to pvp to get the commendations to get geared, and none of the story of one faction makes sense whatsoever on the other faction.

The time to reward ratio is so blatantly short that it just seems like rather than balance PVP, Bioware decided to make it faction neutral, and as fast as possible so people will move on to the endgame content which may or may not even last any longer.

I feel like this is a single player game with an intentionally shallow story to allow people to play co-op.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.