Why won't 1.1 have dungeon finder?

Jkronoff

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there are more important issues to address at the moment. You have to keep in mind that the game is still very young and until they get most of the major issues out of the way, the small things like a group finder system will have to wait a while.

Which is a load of crap. Spamming general isn't socializing, it's advertising. Socializing is what happens when people actually play the game, not getting frustrated because spamming general is just that, spamming -- nothing personal or social about it.

People want to play the game, not talk about possibly playing the game...eventually...maybe..perhaps in another hour or spamming.

That isn't what they mean by socializing. If you can't figure it out then you have issues and probably shouldn't be playing an MMO.

Besides .. I see a heck of a lot worse chat (including but not limited to credit selling, sexual harassment, racism) in general chat.

On-topic

@OP

There is no need for a dungeon finder. It isn't needed by any stretch of the word.

It took Rift two major patches to get their single server dungeon finder, if memory serves.

Yup, and they were anti-LFD too at the start. Remember folks: we're not asking for WoW's dungeon finder where it works on cross-servers. We want SAME SERVER LFG!

Well I guess that'd be me.

You're not crying here, but debating calmly, so you're not concerned by this remark.

I don't feel like I have to care enough to start up a conversation with a bunch of internet gamers. I just don't do that. I don't do it in shooters, strategy games, or MMO's. That being said I do the basics. If we do well, I say thanks for the group at the end and leave. If we do poorly or wipe I ask if anyone had problems then offer my strategy. I just don't feel like starting up random conversation. I feel like I have enough people in my guild either ingame, on vent, or even people in my real life social circles to do that, and for games it's mostly me relaxing and getting gear. Sorry if my approach seems "lower" than yours, but your feelings towards me aren't particularly important in this case.

Your approach is not "lower". It is just inappropriate for a social based game ;)

FPS, strategy games are not meant to be social from the start. But MMORPGs are.

That's why a lot of mmo gamers signed in, in reality. Playing a game while chatting with people.

More : it is what keeps a lot of technically dead MMOs alive.

How were guild who had enough people to raid but not enough exceptional players to do heroics "killed" (using his words, not yours or mine) by the inclusion of the dungeon finder? I'm genuinely curious.

Because the LFR tool made the need of having a guild non existent anymore.

Nowadays, most people don't need to join a guild to experience the whole game.

I myself did try to create a guild right before 4.3 LFR tool in order to raid Firelands, but there was really no more point in it when LFR kicked in.

Nobody would want to do Firelands anymore, and most people would just have to hit a button to form a raid.

To prove it, I guess you just have to log in for a few hours now in any capital, and count the number of non-HM guild recruitment announcements in the gen chat.

I can sympathize (and empathize) with people quite easily and am comfortable in social situations, I just don't view video games in that same light. See above.

I understand, and I'm not putting video games on the same social level either, but really, it can still be a fantastic social experience at times.

As much as joining a IRC channel.

Edited by kineticdamage

Because there are more important issues to address at the moment. You have to keep in mind that the game is still very young and until they get most of the major issues out of the way, the small things like a group finder system will have to wait a while.

Players being able to experience content in an ostensibly PVE-driven game is a pretty major thing to establish.

I'm glad it's not coming in 1.1 because it's one more month of playing a game I love. As soon as LFD is introduced my wife and I are gone.

Also, there this thought that LFD is necessary for a game to survive is ridiculous. Join a guild, organize flashpoints on the forums, add some people to your friend list, etc etc. There is no reason whatsoever that we need a tool that limits socialization.

People believe that adding LFD is what it takes for a game to survive and not go "f2p by december". The irony is, it's just the opposite. You NEED the social aspect to survive, you NEED things to work for and you NEED a tight knit community. LFD just brings easier flashpoints, less to work for and no reason to even join a guild.

Why should I keep an atention on the general chat, it is normally full of:

"your mom ****s sadam, and you are an *********** idiot not knowing that xxxxx is true".

"Yeh I know, your father used to **** him too in the arshole".

"[but in an ability] anal"

more troll, more troll.

even more troll

LFG xxxxxxxxx heroic/flashpoint.

That is the general chat.

I have made my own chat. Privat chat, is it named.

There I have guild, whisper, group, pvp, raid.

Then I feel really sorry ... And may suggest you change server.

I don't know if it's tied to culture (western EU here), but I don't have so many crap in the gen chat. It is more friendly chatting about really everything, not game related included.

There are some flaming moments of course, but not so much.

Another point to consider too : The genchat is what you make of it. Sometimes, it's as easy as a funny remark to change a stupid chat like you mentionned into a friendly bunch of killing jokes.

The genchat is no different than your local party : if all the happy drunk people keep silent, bad ones will start to take over the place and turn the ambience down to zero.

Proof in this topic : since we turned the discussion flow into a polite debate, there are far less angry people posting, and more calm mature ones.

Everybody can have a responsibility in the way a social group is doing, really.

Edited by kineticdamage

Because they want people to leave their game.

I honestly thought i would have at least granted them 1-2 months sub, but with the news about the 50 only bracket WITHOUT cross server ( = warzones will take ages to start, if starting at all, it's terrible even right now can't imagine how it will be then) added to the lack of any sort of announcement regarding all the stuff in my sig, i don't really see how this game deserves any sort of subscription. Not to mention the customer service is also terrible when you actually need them to sort issues.

The game is nice and had loads of potential, but when it comes down to functionality and convenience it's simply an inferior product compared to its major competitors, which makes witnessing the awful decisions the dev team has been / is taking even more frustrating.

I will maybe sub in the future if they actually open their eyes and add all the mandatory features the game is still missing, but until then, not a chance.

People screaming about community/socializing and bioware listening to them, are denying this game the chance to be a major and lasting success.

Edited by AzKnc

I'm glad it's not coming in 1.1 because it's one more month of playing a game I love. As soon as LFD is introduced my wife and I are gone.

Also, there this thought that LFD is necessary for a game to survive is ridiculous. Join a guild, organize flashpoints on the forums, add some people to your friend list, etc etc. There is no reason whatsoever that we need a tool that limits socialization.

People believe that adding LFD is what it takes for a game to survive and not go "f2p by december". The irony is, it's just the opposite. You NEED the social aspect to survive, you NEED things to work for and you NEED a tight knit community. LFD just brings easier flashpoints, less to work for and no reason to even join a guild.

I guess 10 million WoW users agree that WoW is now free to play.

Dont get me wrong, I hate the game by now, but one cant be so blind to see that WoW is not a free to play game.

SWToR is not aiming for minor hardcore RPG and hardcore Star Wars fan. SWToR is aiming at the casual player.

And because it is aiming on the casual players, SWToR will get and do need a server only LFD system.

Edited by Mamono

As has been said before,

Spamming general chat with LFG is not socializing. Actually playing together is.

A LFG-tool would make it much easier finding groups for various things thus increasing the amount of playtime in groups, hence more socializing.

A server community only get "destroyed" if it's cross-server. Though personally, I'd take a cross-server tool if it means waiting 10-15 minutes instead of 30+ minutes in the queue.

It's coming. You might as well quit now.

Or you are arguing from emotion and exaggerating.

Once more you and your wife are free to use your friend lists or whatever yo use. Why do you want to quit if others are using the LFD tool? You want all to play YOUR way? Man, you sound like a spoiled kid.

Once more you and your wife are free to use your friend lists or whatever yo use. Why do you want to quit if others are using the LFD tool? You want all to play YOUR way? Man, you sound like a spoiled kid.

Your really not going to use that tired "you dont have to use it " argument are you? I'm sure you dont even buy that one but you will use it to make your point lol

I just want a tiered, galaxy wide, LFG channel. Group the 50s in 1 channel, etc... thats all I need and I don't think it will kill anything. If I can be LFGing in a chat window while doing daily quests, I will be satisfied.

No changes will hurt the game, sitting in fleet spamming 1 major channel SUCKS, if you don't think so, your just a fanboi defending a bad system.

If Bioware came to finally make a 180° turn and implement a automated cross-server LFD tool, I for sure would be another one unsubbing. Not as a direct knee-jerk reaction, but because the game is not good enough atm to only live by its gameplay features. The actual social part of it (and yes, the whole genchat ecosystem) plays a great role in making me want to come back ingame.

It's also what helps me in the decision of making alts, as on gameplay alone I don't feel like listening to the whole sidequests voiceovers again. Meanwhile, knowing I'll have fun again on planets with the genchat people, this makes me sign happily.

It's nice to chose the greedy easy way of copying Blizzard on their every decisions, but I'm curious to see Bioware's face when Blizz will abandon the cross-server side of the tool in Titan.

The LFD/LFR tool is what kills WoW actually : people burn content way far quicker than it's created, it's a complete money sink. They cannot let it stay like it is, even for financial reasons.

I'm ready to bet a major step back for this tool in the monthes/years to come.

Edited by kineticdamage

If Bioware came to finally make a 180° turn and implement a automated cross-server LFD tool, I for sure would be another one unsubbing. Not as a direct knee-jerk reaction, but because the game is not good enough atm to only live by its gameplay features. The actual social part of it (and yes, the whole genchat ecosystem) plays a great role in making me want to come back ingame.

It's also what helps me in the decision of making alts, as on gameplay alone I don't feel like listening to the whole sidequests voiceovers again. Meanwhile, knowing I'll have fun again on planets with the genchat people, this makes me sign happily.

It's nice to chose the greedy easy way of copying Blizzard on their every decisions, but I'm curious to see Bioware's face when Blizz will abandon the cross-server side of the tool in Titan.

The LFD/LFR tool is what kills WoW actually : people burn content way far quicker than it's created, it's a complete money sink. They cannot let it stay like it is, even for financial reasons.

I'm ready to bet a major step back for this tool in the monthes/years to come.

An other fanboi (people who wont see futher then their own nose and wont think).

No one here is asking for a cross server LFD tool. Not one. Please quote one who wish for it.

It is you fanbois who thinks and screams that LFD is bad, because YOU guys are the ones who angear eachother up by saying it is "cross-server LFD, we hate cross-server LFD", but non of us want a cross-server LFD.

We ALL who are for a LFD are for a server ONLY LFD.

And LFD is not killing WoW, not alone. Cross-server is a small part of a lot of idiotic desitions made that slowly kills of the comunity, and that many people are tired of playing WoW and are now lookig for something new.

But fanbois cant even see that. Everytime someone comes up with an idea that WoW also has, or uses something close to it, it is bad. Every freaking time. And every time that one thing is what destroys WoW. Nothing ells. That one idea, every time, is the only reason for killing WoW.

Fanbois are nothing but selfish ingorant people thinking just about them self. And everyone has to play the game their way.

And they even say "we dont wayt to play the game your way, we want to play it our way". That can be turned around.

Obviously some of you are missing the point, its not about being social while LOOKING for people. It's about being social and getting to know the other players on your server. WoW's dungeon finder was released in December 09. IMO that's what put the nail in the coffin for the wow community. Everyone became a faceless avatar. Idk about you guys but if I pug a hardmode flashpoint I would like to know if the person i'm picking up comes from a respectable guild and I wont run the risk of having an item possibly ninjaed because someone from another server figures they will never see my group again.

As for having to go back to the fleet every time you wanna do a flashpoint...come on did you start playing after wow released the LFD tool?

Absolutely correct, Warcraft = Queuecraft. With both looking for dungeon and raid finders, what's the point of a friends list or a guild?:

Queue up

Stand in Org or SW

AFK craft / browse AH / Troll Chat

Wait for queue to pop

Kill loot piñata

What's the point? None. An MMO is all about having fun with Internet friends.