I love this game. But insane operative burst has taken any desire to pvp away.

Hulgos

same small group of players keep posting the same posts in hopes they get what they want :(.... honestly, have you lads ever tried to play an counter things instead of demanding everything be nerfed.

Oh by all means what counter to stealth burst do you speak of. Becuse it sure as hell is not full champ geared tanks.

Sorry your arguement is weak becuse at the moment there is no counter. The burst is to high it needs to be nerfed. If this gimps the class then other traits should be buffed not there damage output. Honestly resource mechanics need to apply to knife/backstab just as they do to assassins maul ability.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about them? Like anyclass they are still killable. I will say the ONLY thing op about either the assasin or shadow is the short CD on their sprint. For both void star and huttball it is rediculous.

Also on a note like any MMO gear is a HUGE changer in a game. For an operative once you get geared of course you are going to do some mad damage. But vs other people with 16k+ health a 6k crit is going to dent that quite a bit but that leaves 10k more to burst through if they dont have a brain and trinket the opening stun.

Also bioware will be implementing lvl 50 only brackets soon which will balance out alot of this QQing since our crits arnt as huge vs 50s in expertise.

Sprint is a non-combat movement speed buff. Your thinking of force run

also sorcs have the exact same cooldown and its only short if you specc into it.

charge/Leap and lifegrip are far more a issue in huttball anyways. force run is somewhat limited in huttball when used for anything other than a escape mechanic.

What about them? Like anyclass they are still killable. I will say the ONLY thing op about either the assasin or shadow is the short CD on their sprint. For both void star and huttball it is rediculous.

Also on a note like any MMO gear is a HUGE changer in a game. For an operative once you get geared of course you are going to do some mad damage. But vs other people with 16k+ health a 6k crit is going to dent that quite a bit but that leaves 10k more to burst through if they dont have a brain and trinket the opening stun.

Also bioware will be implementing lvl 50 only brackets soon which will balance out alot of this QQing since our crits arnt as huge vs 50s in expertise.

You will be nerfed. I will laugh. I will spam laugh.

The current iteration of the operative class in this game is utter garbage....probably designed by one of the Mythic developers they imported from Virginia.

I dont know, maybe its just me... and... im not even good at this game yet.

But they seem awful squishy... and i seem to usually live through the opening. Maybe i just havent been hit by a really good one yet. Dont get me wrong, i normally wont beat them.. but i give them a decent fight at least.

LOL. Cant believe people are seriously asking for Op nerfs... Most of the crying seems to be about hidden strike, the problem with that is the stun, not the damage. People can talk about "near 10k crits" all they want, lies. Im in decent (lots of champ/operation) gear and ive yet to see a crit for 5k, let alone 10k. Unless your running around naked in warzones and happen to get hit by a operative in the very best (surge stacked) gear in the game, it aint gonna happen. Now if they opt to remove or reduce the timer on the stun, then i could understand that.

Then again you have sorcs throwing out dots (of which they have a possible 4?) critting for upto 1k a tick, a on demand sprint which gives them a dumb advantage in all the warzones (being able to get to any node in the game before anyone else for example... or completely negating the fire pits and/or air vents in huttball). Should i start on sentinals? Cause youve clearly not vsed any good ones if you dont see an issue with them... Wait untill they are all running around with battlemaster sabers. Ive had the good fortune of meeting one who shrugged off my hidden strike like it was a noodle and proceeded to dominate me with a spammable attack which crit me for 3.5k 3 times in a row... Make shiv spammable and hit for that much and ill gladly give up hidden strike.

TLDR: http://i.imgur.com/kUhOs.jpg - There is bigger issues than Operatives.

LOL. Cant believe people are seriously asking for Op nerfs... Most of the crying seems to be about hidden strike, the problem with that is the stun, not the damage. People can talk about "near 10k crits" all they want, lies. Im in decent (lots of champ/operation) gear and ive yet to see a crit for 5k, let alone 10k. Unless your running around naked in warzones and happen to get hit by a operative in the very best (surge stacked) gear in the game, it aint gonna happen. Now if they opt to remove or reduce the timer on the stun, then i could understand that.

Then again you have sorcs throwing out dots (of which they have a possible 4?) critting for upto 1k a tick, a on demand sprint which gives them a dumb advantage in all the warzones (being able to get to any node in the game before anyone else for example... or completely negating the fire pits and/or air vents in huttball). Should i start on sentinals? Cause youve clearly not vsed any good ones if you dont see an issue with them... Wait untill they are all running around with battlemaster sabers. Ive had the good fortune of meeting one who shrugged off my hidden strike like it was a noodle and proceeded to dominate me with a spammable attack which crit me for 3.5k 3 times in a row... Make shiv spammable and hit for that much and ill gladly give up hidden strike.

That video is awesome. I hope they do not touch the Operative because that was fun to watch.

(only trolling)

Honestly anyone playing their class well can be OP. Heres a recent game of mine

http://i.imgur.com/gyxoO.jpg as a Sorc

*edit : in

No matter what class they nerf there will always be an OP Class and people will always complain. If they nerf sorc and operative, I will be top stats as a juggernaut or bounty hunter and so on and so forth.

Collective consciousness of professional cry babies on these forums.

Do you guys ever think about your crying or do you just love the process of logging on and QQing for hours

Edited by Worldview
QQ

biochem stims

expertise and dmg buff

battlemaster gear (beyond champ)

I have a clip recorded on xfire of being crit for 12k by an op, and im up to 8% dmg reduc from expertise.

Edited by HollowVamp

I can hardly see the OP of IA/Smugg. Well balanced one hit wonders, dying with the first opponent counter. In comparison to inquisitors stealth classes are nothing to be afraid of - just finished a game when almost whole imperial side was playing inquis and simply smashed us. Try such trick (one-class-team) with any other character and see how would you suck :)

Thats because the base damage of operative crits are as high or higher than people with full buffs get with other classes.

Hi please nerf Rock it is to powerful, I’ve seen Rock do <insert made up crap in here>. Paper is fine.

Sincerely Scissors

Edited by da_krall

well, dont know if its just me.. but I dont see OPs as problem in PVP at all.. they are rare and if you look at aftermatch summary table..sorted by kills or damage.. they are often on bottom of chart.. dont know why is soo much shouting about their opness... they are fragile like old glass spoon and they cannot even escape or properly counter your attacks if you dont let them hide , they even cannot overheal your damage...well i see them as easy kill in comparation with other classes. Yea consumables doing difference for their opener.. but those difference is for everyone... yesterday my team was massacred by three marauders on "pills" .. well i dyed lot of time seeing 4k-12k smashes in rows.. funny? yea.. those guys should face feeling of old gods ... and complaining about ? no at all (well expecting that lot of patients from this forums will not should to nerf them.. oooh i was killed, mom, dad, i was killed nerf nerf they are OP )

or those inguisitors with rocket in *** running crossing the field.. o guy with gatling killing everyone front of him.. guys.. they are doing what are supposed to do..

there are much annoyng classes than Imperial Agents, when are on pills..

remove pills from pvp and Operative will be most patetic class between equivalently equiped clases on 50. so lets do that..and test

message for those who are calling for nerfs of classes in actual state of game..

guys first level up to 50 or try play Operative.. you will found very quickly that its not much fun because almoust everyone could burn you down very quickly without much effort .. if know how..

or lets return to wow..if you want "balanced" pvp .. you are saying that its not fun anymore there ?? why?? ... because its balanced ?

think that actual state of swtor pvp fine.. so if you use your tools and playing in team than you will be OP... whatever you will face.

go alone.. and you are dead meat.

actual variability within pvp make pvp funny..

just my five cents .

think ill post this one then

take a look at what he does to tanks .. in that video he kills lvl 50's in pvp gear easy , even tanks

All i see is a max level PvP geared operative picking off lowbies and purposefully avoiding anyone that can possibly be a fair fight...

That is not a good representation. He scrolls through big groups looking for the lowest level characters.

think ill post this one then

take a look at what he does to tanks .. in that video he kills lvl 50's in pvp gear easy , even tanks

This video is doing the opposite of what you want. Do you think the devs are stupid? They can see in this video an operative "owning" low level players:

The levels of players taken down are:

12, 27, 42, 19, 43, then a 50 who charges into 7 people ahead of his teammates;

then level 27, then a 50 who trinkets and OH LOOK almost kills the Operative, forcing him to blow a cooldown to run away.

Then it's back to lowbies: levels 26, 44, 31, 18, 35, level 50 that gets the full brunt of the OP's opening rotation, and only takes 50% of his life in damage HOW WEIRD! Then a level 46, and level 19 player gets "owned" in two seconds, which Sorc or Merc can do as well.

Then a level 50 who was already at 1/3rd life, then a level 50 2v1, a 46 with half life...

Can you see the problem here? It's all lowbies, people outnumbered, or teamwork that wins, not the Operative alone on even ground against a similarly geared, skilled, and supported opponent.

Your theory has holes, sir. When there is a 50-only bracket (matter of weeks) people will see that burst has problems against ANY team with a smidgen of teamwork and/or healing.

Also, most underplayed class in the game, and you are crying about it. What does that tell you about your PvP ability?

50 offensive pvp guardian here. no complaints about any class. operatives burst me to ~50% and then either run away or die or get lucky when their teammates keep me busy. seriously, i feel all the complaints about op classes COMPLETELY refer to lowis getting killed by 50's. no point in it. patch will bring brackets, complaints will magically vanish...

50 offensive pvp guardian here. no complaints about any class. operatives burst me to ~50% and then either run away or die or get lucky when their teammates keep me busy. seriously, i feel all the complaints about op classes COMPLETELY refer to lowis getting killed by 50's. no point in it. patch will bring brackets, complaints will magically vanish...

That's cause the typical OP and scoundrel players don't know how to deal with players who can hit back.

Edited by Bullsith

Break cc, knockback, rakata medpack, dot, operative is now dead.

1 dot doesn't kill a class that can also use medpack+heals. Also, using your trinket=insta vanish+repeat combo in 10 sec.

You OPs with your "just trinket and dot" are pretty funny.

Dont stand still, I have yet to die to one of them As a Tank I have time to pop all my CD's an laugh at them as t hey blow their CD's an stealth to run away... so if I can do that, you can find a way. There is a counter to everything in tor. Remember its a wow generation game, means there is no one class that beats all....

Are we playing the same game? Even if you do recover from an OP's/Scoundrel KD, you're just standing up to a fight while at half health at best. Usually dead at KD. From my experience, no other class has this much of an advantage.

Are we playing the same game? Even if you do recover from an OP's/Scoundrel KD, you're just standing up to a fight while at half health at best. Usually dead at KD. From my experience, no other class has this much of an advantage.

Except for every stealth class in every game in history.

Wait, I'm wrong. WoW rogues would 100-0 you before you could react. Ops are actually weaker than they were.

a strong operative using consumables will probably kill me in a close fight, since i do not heavily utilize consumable. its not about class balance

Agreed, I'm sitting at 378 expertise, and with how the actual expertise logarithmic curve works, I still get killed in the 3s of laying flat when my trinket is on cooldown. Without the consumables in this game, I at least stand a fighting chance to blow my defensive cooldowns to force the op/scoundrel to at least work for the kill. I mean I usually get Dirty Kicked anyways after and finished off, but like I said, at least they have to work for it.

Because of the huge spike damage of biochem, I have dropped all professions on all my characters to go the route of biochem. I suspect with three to five companions, I should be done in time before things get tweaked.

And the other thing is they need to fix the animations in this game. Popping trinket to get out of Shoot First still takes 1.5s for my character to release off the ground and finish standing up before moving. So you can't move until your character model is actually standing.../facepalm BW, actually, i don't have enough palms to express how many facepalms this deserves.

Except for every stealth class in every game in history.

Wait, I'm wrong. WoW rogues would 100-0 you before you could react. Ops are actually weaker than they were.

When was this in WoW? Rogues never had 3-5s kills in Vanilla through to S3. Now if you were a prep-rogue that specced purely for stuns, you could probably lock down a target for a good 15s consistently, but that is a very long chain of moves to keep that up, involving vanishing(disappearing act) and then coming back out with Cheap Shot.

In WAR, WEs and WHs could not stun coming out of combat, but they could come out with a silence or a movement bleed. If you specced your character to counter the WE/WH, you always had a chance.

Right now, Scoundrels /Ops can kill you within the 5s you are out of control of your character(3s lying flat + 1.5s for animation to stand up + lag)