iAutomatik

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MY RELEASE DATE SPECULATION FOR TODAY BASE ON AN EDUCATED ASSESMENT

StephenReid: Email invite waves for today, 12/14

Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span.

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size. We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population. I'll update this thread when each wave is sent. You can also follow our official Twitter account for notification.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

and people are saying the 28th of July - the 8th of Aug

that is 11 days ... 4 waves of 11 days would be as follows:

• Up to aug 8 in wave 1
  • Up to aug 19 in wave 2
  • Up to aug 30 in wave 3
  • Up to sep 11 in wave 4

Now that is all things being equal... AND THEY ARE NOT

Edited by Viciouz

Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span.

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size. We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population. I'll update this thread when each wave is sent. You can also follow our official Twitter account for notification.

• Up to aug 8 in wave 1
  • Up to aug 19 in wave 2
  • Up to aug 30 in wave 3
  • Up to sep 11 in wave 4

Now that is all things being equil... AND THEY ARE NOT

Hope so..then I can sneak in at the end :D

• Up to aug 8 in wave 1
  • Up to aug 19 in wave 2
  • Up to aug 30 in wave 3
  • Up to sep 11 in wave 4

Now that is all things being equal... AND THEY ARE NOT

equal amount of people, not equal amount of days.

Sept 8th here, Pisses me off all my guildies are in and several levels ahead of me I don't expect to get in until tomorrow 12/15. Good luck everyone, I am holding out hope that the initial first day pre orders were yesterday and they will fly through the rest.

Using the VGstats numbers for pre-orders by date, it looks like Bioware just let in around 100,000 people in Wave 1 (July 28th through August 8th).

That's twice the size of any of the Day 1 waves.

Assuming they keep that up, September should start seeing entries by Wave 3 today and may even get the entire month in by Wave 4.

That depends on them keeping pace with such a large number of pre-orders per wave, though...