Rate SWTOR out of 10.

Papazooki

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8/10 for now. I'm very much enjoying the game, I can see myself playing it for a long while. its not perfect. there are bugs. there are some improvements that could be added. as much as I adore this game, I cannot give it perfect score and remain objective. however. its been edging into 9 with recent patches. looking forward to what else is in store for us

Lvl 1-10....9/10

lvl 10-20....8.5/10

lvl 20-30.....8/10

lvl 30-50......6/10

The magic started to disappear about lvl 30ish. The story had a great beginning and I was ready to embark on an epic journey; I expected to loose myself in another Bioware fantasy. Instead I got WoW quests with really good voice acting with a bunch of side quests.

So instead, I moved over and started to focus on PvPing with my buddies. This perhaps only pertains to me, but one of the most important things for me is the feeling of impact and the sound it makes when I hit. Hits were not as satisfying, nor were they instant or smooth. The mechanics were just alright and I eventually got bored of the warzones. It just didn't have the same magic as Arathi Basin or Twin Peaks, WoE from Ragnarok Online, or the epic Castle Sieges from Lineage 2, or RvR from DAOC.

I then tried raiding, the storyline wasn't as good as the early ones and the bosses were not as intuitive. I enjoyed Ro/L2 world bosses much more. I also enjoyed WoW/EQ2 raiding a lot more.

Edited by Lcore

I would say 6. The questing has been fun at fulfilling at points but honestly, as has been mentioned before, something changed at 30. The GTN is a joke, the game BADLY needs an LFG mechanic of some kind. My brother has been at 50 for a week and I'm at 44 and we are both within an ace of hanging it up, at LEAST temporarily.

8.5/10

Fix a few bugs and it goes up a point...Just can't give a game a 10/10.

This isn't a game that should get a seven or higher. Games that are finished and polished should. It does have awesome story and decent potential, but it's lacking a few key aspects earning it a 5.5/10 from me.

You will never give an MMO above a 7 ever then at release. The way MMOs work is they release and fix later because the more you "Polish" the farther behind you get when compared to WoW. You can bet your dollar that if they had stalled release, WoW would have gotten even farther ahead with more features and then they would have to "polish" more before release. With an MMO its better to come out a little buggy and fix after launch than it is to try to polish to completion before hand because you will always be behind the curve of established MMOs. Its just the way the Market works.

Edited by Mormack

Cant give it one score so I'll give it two:

As a singel player RPG 9.5/10 (I'we dreamt about this since Kotor times!)

As a mmo: 4.5/10 what, wait it's a mmo? :o

Its as much as an MMO as WoW is....Game definitely has more Group Quests lvling up than WoW does Currently.

I would give it high marks as a single player game. Not so much an MMO. It reminds me of guildwars and a few other games combined. A mostly single player game with multiplayer aspects.

EDIT - Scores:

Single Player: 7-8/10

Multiplayer: 3-4/10

Edited by dembonez

I would give it high marks as a single player game. Not so much an MMO. It reminds me of guildwars and a few other games combined. A mostly single player game with multiplayer aspects.

EDIT - Scores:

Single Player: 7-8/10

Multiplayer: 3-4/10

I'll agree SWTOR is instanced a lot, but it is still very much an MMO.