Why is everyone complaining about PvP'ing against 50's?

iAegis

Look, guys. I know it's annoying being stomped every once and a while, but c'mon. Wake up. You're level 30. Bolster does help, and you can win games against 50's. idkidkidk all that aside here's my main point:

Why don't you hit 50 before you complain about pvp? Why not actually get to the part where you're supposed to seriously pvp instead of queuing at 30, wasting your time, getting stomped, and level? I haven't had many problems. I'm normally able to compete and very rarely do we get 3 capped, 6 doored, and 6 hutt-downed. I'd say I win half my games. I'm at 33 Valor at lv43 so I think I speak from decent low-level-pvp experience.

I suppose your cries of different brackets are valid, but, at this point chill, level a character. For real, it's not like you're going to be level 33 forever.

Why don't you hit 50 before you complain about pvp? Why not actually get to the part where you're supposed to seriously pvp instead of queuing at 30, wasting your time, getting stomped, and level?

Because the philosophy behind the game is that you should be perfectly able to PvP long before lvl 50.

I think its because battleground farmers want their shinys fast an easy, an if they lose a match they see it as a failure.... Personally in actual pvp (world) I fight against 50s whenever I see them at 30-34-34-32 (my chars) an even though I lose, its always fun fights. These guys see BG farming as pvp thats their main mistake, sooner they get over this idea that pvp means shinys, they will have more fun.

edit

pvp should happen at all levels, you do understand MMOs don't "start" at 50, they start the second you create a char. This means you pvp as soon as you can find someone to kill. PvP is always generally far superior at low levels where gear doesn't play a part in it. Sadly to many of todays gamers believe (wrongly) that game starts at level cap.

Edited by BegaTasty

Because their "Dedicated PvP division" got lazy and slapped on the same Stat/Gear-grinding mess that killed PvP in WoW so unless Bolster starts giving you expertise, non-50s will be at a significant disadantage until they can get gear with the same PvP stat.

I agree with the post completely.

Some PvP mental-patients are too greedy to enjoy the battle and feel challenged to win.

Some want to win so bad that they will fuss about classes just to make themselves look better.

I hope devs are smart enough not to fall for the whining of the PvP mentals and let the rest of us have fun.

I'm mid 30s and do not complain about getting stomped by 50s.

It happens. I win some, I lose some.

BUT, to say I'm "wasting time" by PvPing at this level is wrong.

I actually level a lot faster when I PvP, and, you know, I enjoy it more than PvE questing.

Look, guys. I know it's annoying being stomped every once and a while, but c'mon. Wake up. You're level 30. Bolster does help, and you can win games against 50's. idkidkidk all that aside here's my main point:

Why don't you hit 50 before you complain about pvp? Why not actually get to the part where you're supposed to seriously pvp instead of queuing at 30, wasting your time, getting stomped, and level? I haven't had many problems. I'm normally able to compete and very rarely do we get 3 capped, 6 doored, and 6 hutt-downed. I'd say I win half my games. I'm at 33 Valor at lv43 so I think I speak from decent low-level-pvp experience.

I suppose your cries of different brackets are valid, but, at this point chill, level a character. For real, it's not like you're going to be level 33 forever.

because we want to pvp before reaching 50, if we wernt suposed to do so, why allow warzone queues ein?

because lvl 50 expertise geared premades vs anything bellow lvl 50 isnt fun.

Edited by Ganan

From the otherside :

Because it's not fun roflstomping low levels just because they don't have the gear and the talents to compete with a lvl50

If i play pvp i prefere it to be against equals so it comes down to skill. (allthough balance issues are annoying at that part ofc)

And that's why I want a lvl50 bracket.

Edited by Bubalous

Because people come here to whine. I came to a conclusion that any game forum is nothing more than a place where mad kids visit to release their anger(after getting pwned usually). Also most of them think their opinion and insight on the game after playing the game for 1 weak is superior to the developers that have been designing games for over 10 years because they played x game for x years etc. I wish BW is smart enough to ignore most of the whinings on the forum.

On the subject, I think lowbies getting matched with lvl 50s is definitely an unfair disadvantage for the lowbies. However most servers don't even have that many lvl 50s yet so making their own bracket right now will be even more unfair for the lvl 50s as in some low populated servers it would sometimes be impossible to get a match going at all. So there's nothing else they could do about it until sufficient people get to lvl 50 and by then BW will make a seperate bracket for lvl 50s as they promised. So there's nothing a mad impatient kid can do other than ranting on the forums.

I agree with this post to an extent.

If you're going to PvP at low levels you'll have WZ comms, which max out at 1000, forcing you to use them. Either buy the low level PvP gear so you can get some expertise OR buy the stims/med pacs so you can survive. The stims give a 15% increase to expertise for 15 seconds. That goes a long way, that's equivalent to a few PvP set pieces. Obviously if the level 50 you're fighting uses the same stim it cancels out you using it but chances are the level 50 is saving his WZ comms to trade for Merc commendations anyway. I know I don't waste my time with the stims because of this reason.

tldr;

Low levels BUY STIMS and MED PACS. WZ comms max out at 1000 anyway, which you'll have LONG before 50.

If you're going to PvP at low levels you'll have WZ comms, which max out at 1000, forcing you to use them. Either buy the low level PvP gear so you can get some expertise OR buy the stims/med pacs so you can survive. The stims give a 15% increase to expertise for 15 seconds. That goes a long way, that's equivalent to a few PvP set pieces. Obviously if the level 50 you're fighting uses the same stim it cancels out you using it but chances are the level 50 is saving his WZ comms to trade for Merc commendations anyway. I know I don't waste my time with the stims because of this reason.

tldr;

Low levels BUY STIMS and MED PACS. WZ comms max out at 1000 anyway, which you'll have LONG before 50.

There is no low level expertise gear.

tldr;

There is no expertise on low level armor, and there's barely any on the weapons.

15% bonus to 0 is not helping anyone.

There is no expertise on low level armor, and there's barely any on the weapons.

15% bonus to 0 is not helping anyone.

I'm pretty sure it's just a 15% expertise boost. Meaning no matter what you have, you get 15% more. I could be wrong yet again though. :D

Oh wow, I honestly wasn't aware of this. I focused on leveling and didn't PvP until 50. Well then, BUY THE STIMS =].

Stims give a 15% boost to existing expertise.

15% x 0 = 0

No expertise means stims are useless.

I think that the biggest problem in not having at least a 45-50 bracket is that lower level toons just don't have enough points to invest in their skill lines so they feel like fodder since they lack the counters or high damage abilites in their skill trees. I know that I haven't spent much more than 20 or so matches since release since I did a bunch in beta, but once you start to get into the upper 30's then you have most of the tools needed to survive a 1 on 1 against a 50. As it is now, I'll tool around and kill 5-6 people before the other team notices me. Then it seems like it's 4 v me every chance they get.I don't mind since now I'm 41 and I can drop 2 of them before I drop. I enjoy knowing that my lowbie arse just locked up 4 50's to fight me and I still took half of them out. I know it has to frost their asses like a 3 foot tall snow cone!!

I suppose your cries of different brackets are valid, but, at this point chill, level a character. For real, it's not like you're going to be level 33 forever.[/QUOT

its unfair completely as lvl 50's get full 50 gear full talent points full stats from there lvl and are able to use expertise rating gear no other lvl can use and full abilitys.

just 1 of there armor peices has more stats than all my gear put together lol

i can barely scratch most class's in full pvp gear this is why people complain. specialy when its like a full premade of lvl 50's in full pvp gear, lol omg thats bad

I only complain because seeing:

Rez now?

All in the span of a few seconds while stunned is not entertaining.

Then stop rushing in to hordes of enemies.

I have four mains level 16, 18, 22, 25 and I play a lot of pvp. I do all the quests on a planet with one charracter and when one of the other characters get there I just do the class quest, skip the rest and pvp to level. That way I have fun levelling one of each class (sniper, mercenary, assassin and juggernaut). Yes facing a level 50 is tough, but in a 1on1 it's still ok if I just prepare for it. Bolstering isn't perfect, because you'll still be missing specials and points in the skill tree (plus if the 50 has super elite equipment), but it's still fun. Just remember that you're not 50 and play accordingly. You (and I) will be 50 too one day.

PvP is fun and bolstering is decent enough to allow us to play together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.