On the Dates of Jan. 19-Feb. 1, We Will Know the Real Number of Subs of SW:TOR

Xugos

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are leaving because of some minor polish issues i leave you this video of what WoW was like at launch and basically the first year and a half after:

"Uploaded by wowhorde12 on Feb 20, 2011", lulz?

For that poster about D3 been released Feb 1st. Pretty safe to say that it wont be. Feb 1st is just three weeks away, game should be in manufacturing by now and yet Blizz has stated they have still some major parts of the game (balance, art, rune system as whole) in works and major beta patch is coming "soon".

I'm not trying to take people with me, but I'm venting my anger towards Bioware for hooking me for all of these years and then disappointing me with this steaming pile of lackluster.

If people become educated about SW:TOR in the process, so be it.

Also, the better MMORPG is WoW.

If you said another MMO instead of WoW, you could make me doubt my thoughts about you. So the circle is now complete. It's very obvious why you are still here, fortunately.

Currently, we only know what SW:TOR's active account numbers are because no one has actually paid for a month of gameplay yet (other than the one you pay for when you buy the game.)

I don't know how much of the player base you think you speak for....But I can tell you right now that I paid for a two month card when I bought the game, and I'm sure plenty of other people did too. It's not like that week is going to be some "magical" week that all of a sudden Heavily populated servers are going to drop to light...... More people are going to pick up the game.

Keep in mind the dates you mention....coincide PERFECTLY with the beginning of tax returns, so with people having more disposable income, I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of New and Resubbed players too.....

Have fun going back to WoW though, enjoy. :D

Good for you, i don't go to the gym, but i don't have to tell everyone.

This isn't aimed at you, but at everyone who feels the need to let everyone know that they are leaving the game because Bioware won't rewrite the game to how you want it or fix all the existing bugs within 3 weeks of going live.

To the OP, i don't really care who cancels or the total subs number as long as the people i group with are having fun.

The only figures we get from other games are from TV ads. Do you really think they are reliable figures?

They aren't going to say we have 10 million subscribers, but only 250k concurrent users at any one time are they?

If you're playing and you enjoy what you're playing then get on with it, if not then go find something else that will fill your time. It doesn't need to be announced to the whole world.

Perfect example of how fanboys get defensive and upset, just because you are not blinded by the 'greatness' as they are.

How hypocritical of this person to say you shouldn't announce your feelings of dissatisfaction (announcing you are quitting), yet he feels the need to tell you he is dissatisfied with your feelings (he doesn't care) and he likes the game. He calls out someone for announcing their cancellation, and in the same post announces his continuation of playing.

The sad part is they are the mistreated 'tortured' apprentice in this scenario. While they blindly defend Bioware (who desperately needs feedback as noted by droves of people leaving), Bioware doesn't want us to just "shutup and leave" they want us to stay around and pay monthly because "good stuff is coming soon" TM. So not only are they making a ******* of themselves they are truly going against what their beloved master wants which is the subs. As such, fanboys will suffer the consequences when they are crying for server mergers/civil war-ing each other whether over the prioritization for bioware to make their once a year change on sitting in cantina chairs or create more character models.

I don't know how much of the player base you think you speak for....But I can tell you right now that I paid for a two month card when I bought the game, and I'm sure plenty of other people did too. It's not like that week is going to be some "magical" week that all of a sudden Heavily populated servers are going to drop to light...... More people are going to pick up the game.

Keep in mind the dates you mention....coincide PERFECTLY with the beginning of tax returns, so with people having more disposable income, I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of New and Resubbed players too.....

Have fun going back to WoW though, enjoy. :D

That sure is a hollow argument. 95% of players don't consider the $59 cost of the game, nor the $15 dollar a month sub a financial hurtle. But, I wouldn't even pay one penny for something that bores me as much as this game.

"Uploaded by wowhorde12 on Feb 20, 2011", lulz?

For that poster about D3 been released Feb 1st. Pretty safe to say that it wont be. Feb 1st is just three weeks away, game should be in manufacturing by now and yet Blizz has stated they have still some major parts of the game (balance, art, rune system as whole) in works and major beta patch is coming "soon".

I didnt feel like doing a real lengthy search for a video that said the exact same thing. Login handshacking, booted, rinse and repeat. Doesnt matter if it was upload last week or 5 years ago its what WoW was at launch, and the lucky few who got on and managed to stay on long enough had more bugs, zones totally unplayable due to fps issues, leveling that was about as smooth as a french tickler, and end game that consisted of higher a lowbie warlock in badlands to summon a 40 man party 1 at a time, then wiping to firelords for about 2 hours till you finally manage to beat it into dps's head to kill the adds first, maybe getting the first few bosses down the having to wait for the reset because your gear is still to low overall to take down Baron Geddon. But by the time you get to him you cant go on any further anyways because its time for the Bi-daily server reset which will reset all the trash in your instance anyways. God damn i miss 40 mans.

I didnt feel like doing a real lengthy search for a video that said the exact same thing. Login handshacking, booted, rinse and repeat. Doesnt matter if it was upload last week or 5 years ago its what WoW was at launch, and the lucky few who got on and managed to stay on long enough had more bugs, zones totally unplayable due to fps issues, leveling that was about as smooth as a french tickler, and end game that consisted of higher a lowbie warlock in badlands to summon a 40 man party 1 at a time, then wiping to firelords for about 2 hours till you finally manage to beat it into dps's head to kill the adds first, maybe getting the first few bosses down the having to wait for the reset because your gear is still to low overall to take down Baron Geddon. But by the time you get to him you cant go on any further anyways because its time for the Bi-daily server reset which will reset all the trash in your instance anyways. gosh darn i miss 40 mans.

This happened 7 years ago, and bioware obviously didn't learn from their mistakes. I dont see what your point is because it seems as if a 7 year old game is outperforming a brand new game (4+ years in development ) which is sad. The fact that swtor is new IS NOT A CRUTCH, it is actually the one perk bioware has going for them, because we are 'burnt out' of 7+ years.

Story- swtor wins

Reaction time- wow wins

combat- wow wins

something to do at max level - wow wins *the raids worked in vanilla

community - wow wins *server forums-if you refute this helps communities you are blind

competitive play - wow wins

features - wow wins

customer service- wow wins *in game game masters

Bringing up wow is a losing argument fanboy, stick to repeating the 'quit and uninstall' copy/paste you love to spam. I'm sure bioware loves the respect and positivity the fanboys continue to show to down and 'on the fence' subscribers.

So I'll go ahead and answer your next post.

I DID REACTIVATE MY WOW ACCOUNT AND I AM QUITTING SWTOR.

I really hope bioware improves and returning to swtor permanently is an option.

BW and SWTOR also has these, believe it or not :D You can't ask to talk them or magically flag yours ticket to be talked to, but through some random and magic draw one of these "Droids" will come and talk to you. They hold company line and kinda don't know anything. Just copy paste stuff what we can read from these forums. I.e. according one "Droid GM" my computer probably isn't equip to handle SWTOR.

I'm running:

i5 750 @ 3.8 GHz

8GB RAM

HD5870 1GB

My guild is 200+ strong. Has around 5-10 online members this week on averaged, compared to 100+ last week and the week before. Most of them I haven't seen on, and if I do they pop on for like 10 minutes then log off.

I just became one of those people... cancelled about 5 minutes ago.

If people want to leave that's fine and if they want to come on the forums and give the reasons why they are leaving that's even better but most of the people QQing on these forums are saying "This game sucks I'm going back to wow GG lamers." and not giving any reasons on why they are leaving and if they do give a reason it's normally a very vague explanation like "This game has game breaking bugs." but they not telling what the game breaking bugs are.

That's just my opinion.

Perfect example of how fanboys get defensive and upset, just because you are not blinded by the 'greatness' as they are.

How hypocritical of this person to say you shouldn't announce your feelings of dissatisfaction (announcing you are quitting), yet he feels the need to tell you he is dissatisfied with your feelings (he doesn't care) and he likes the game. He calls out someone for announcing their cancellation, and in the same post announces his continuation of playing.

The sad part is they are the mistreated 'tortured' apprentice in this scenario. While they blindly defend Bioware (who desperately needs feedback as noted by droves of people leaving), Bioware doesn't want us to just "shutup and leave" they want us to stay around and pay monthly because "good stuff is coming soon" TM. So not only are they making a ******* of themselves they are truly going against what their beloved master wants which is the subs. As such, fanboys will suffer the consequences when they are crying for server mergers/civil war-ing each other whether over the prioritization for bioware to make their once a year change on sitting in cantina chairs or create more character models.

OK so you're unhappy with how the game is and are quiting. Bioware will feel that from the amount of subs being dropped, why is there the need to turn this forum into a cesspool of negative posts. Why do people have to announce that they are quiting?

All it shows to me personally is that anyone thinking they are worth putting up an i quit thread are deluding themselves into thinking that the game will fail because they aren't playing it.

If i go with some random figures:

possibly 10% of the playerbase posts on the forums

50% of those don't like the way the game is currently and drop their sub.

Let's say 1 million copies were sold

That makes 50,000 people canceling their subs with 950,000 playing the game because they enjoy it.

Seems to me if the numbers above are any where in the ball park of what is happening, anyone that has an i quit rant is wasting their breath.

If you're quiting then quit, they don't sit reading all the threads saying "oh no! we've got 5 i quit posts on the front page of the forum! We must fix every last bug and get 30 operations into the game by next week to keep them." They most likely don't even read any thread that has i cancelled/quit anywhere in the thread at all.

After that, i'm going back in game to enjoy my questing. Hope you all find the "holy grail" of games that will keep you happy.

This happened 7 years ago, and bioware obviously didn't learn from their mistakes. I dont see what your point is because it seems as if a 7 year old game is outperforming a brand new game (4+ years in development ) which is sad. The fact that swtor is new IS NOT A CRUTCH, it is actually the one perk bioware has going for them, because we are 'burnt out' of 7+ years.

Story- swtor wins

Reaction time- wow wins

combat- wow wins

community - wow wins *server forums-if you refute this helps communities you are blind

features - wow wins

Bringing up wow is a losing argument fanboy, stick to repeating the 'quit and uninstall' copy/paste you love to spam. I'm sure bioware loves the respect and positivity the fanboys continue to show to down and 'on the fence' subscribers.

I already said it in another thread, but I just can not help myself...

Do you realize that 7 years "old" mmo means a game with another 7 years of constant development under its belt?

So now you are comparing WoW, which has been developed for about 11 years, has 4th expansion on the way and 7 years of players feedback with a game that is 3 weeks out after merely one half the developement and is yet to receive its first major patch.

And you are expecting it to be as polished and content rich as the older one. Seriously?

Quarterly report, exactly. But, let me ask, if those numbers are MUCH higher than you expect, will you think the game is great? Or if equal to or lower than your predictions, the game awful?

No, I'm capable of forming my own opinion. But it will be interesting to see how the playerbase responds to the game after launch in the only way that matters, with their money.

Personally, I've cencelled the subscription payments. Its not that its a bad game, its just not interesting enough or diffferent enought to keep me paying for it. I left wow due to boredom and I'm already feeling that in SWTOR, but thats just my personal opinion, if others are enjoying it then I'm really happy for them.

I'll be going back to RIFT where I was never bored. I tried SWTOR, gave it a few weeks, but ultimately it does not look like the game for me.

I already said it in another thread, but I just can not help myself...

Do you realize that 7 years "old" mmo means a game with another 7 years of constant development under its belt?

So now you are comparing WoW, which has been developed for about 11 years, has 4th expansion on the way and 7 years of players feedback with a game that is 3 weeks out after merely one half the developement and is yet to receive its first major patch.

And you are expecting it to be as polished and content rich as the older one. Seriously?

So cute when people want to compare 2011 SWTOR to 2004 WoW, not to 2011 WoW. What is going wrong when you can't compare yours best MMO to it's modern and current counterpart, but has to compare it to counterparts 2004 version?

I can see where effort was put into the game by the developers, but it's like they came up with great concepts and didn't actually play all the characters to make sure those concepts came across how they envisioned. Why would I make a statemtent like this? Within 1 minute of playing my first character i pressed my attack button and a cast immediately after the GCD, and was hit with unbearably slow character responsiveness I feel like my character is moving in slow motion with anything I do.

Aye,

I cast one DOT with 1.5s cast time and hit the other when it's just done -> the other one never makes it to the Mob. No it's not me, I've played my shadow priest with the same system for 5 years now.

Funny fact: If I turn up the queue for spells a bit and try to use it, you can actually SEE the .5 to 1 second combat lag until my char puts the other DOT up.

This is not Beta, this is ALPHA crap. But oh well, it's EA, what did I expect?

whoever said the raids worked in wow vanilla cant of played wow vanilla.

Nice try tho

Giong on a limb here because I only started with Burning crusade, but since WoW was released later in EU, would it be possible that MC was already in there when we got it?

Edited by Granyala

That sure is a hollow argument. 95% of players don't consider the $59 cost of the game, nor the $15 dollar a month sub a financial hurtle. But, I wouldn't even pay one penny for something that bores me as much as this game.

I dont understand why all these people that are cancelling/ have cancelled already feel the need to stick around in these forums. If your quitting youve already given up on the game nothing you say in here is going to drastically change your experience , so just leave already.

You know why people that are quitting think they are much less of a minority then they actually are? Because they troll these forums looking for people who agree with them, but most people who are actually enjoying the game, dont visit these forums guaranteed.

So maybe 10-20% of ppl visit these forums and 1/3rd of them want to quit, not a huge loss.

If you dont like the game just quit, why do you need to troll around on the forums of a game you already quit (or youve clearly already made your mind up about quitting) get a life seriously.

you go to the wow forums and you will find the exact same tone if not worse then the what you find here.

Every MMO forum is the freaking same, its actually really depressing to read. The only ppl that come in these forums are people that are quitting or people that feel their voice needs to be heard about quitting.

Edited by Samborino

Story- swtor wins

Reaction time- wow wins

combat- wow wins

features - wow wins

i pity you. you will not be happy with wow, i can tell it easily. you will mind my words, and either come back to TOR (or simply never leave it) or go play another game.

WoW is finished. everybody knows that. You might be one of those WOTLK childs, a young person who knows nothing about how WoW established itself as a great mmo, but still even you know, on a very deep level, that the game is done. it dying, and will be killed by either D3, SWTOR, Dota 2, or, most probably, all of the above.

WoW Is Dead.