Holy crap, The sith warrior has the sexiest voice in gaming.

CreedIV

I agree on the female.

Male Sith Warrior voice work is the worst in the game, imho. He sounds lie he's reading the lines from a card over the 'phone and the intonation is the same - exactly the same - regardless of of what he's actually saying - it's terrible!

Compare the Sith Warrior male voice work to the Sith Inquisitor female - now that actress manages to sound by turns dry, sarcastic, peevish, evil, bellicose, conniving - you name it and she nails it.

Nope - male Sith Warrior voice is so bad I actually dropped my male Jugg at 18 and rolled female - I couldn't take it any more.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my female SW's voice, especially cause I chose body type 3 for her, and the voice and the body seem to go pretty well together. I think it might feel a bit discordant if I had made a more petite SW, though.

OTOH, I can't believe anyone likes the male BH's voice. One of my friends is playing one, and we all make fun of him on vent whenever his character speaks in a dialog scene.

Honestly if I had his voice (Or hers. Female sith is BA too.)

I'd be the Daniel Craig of gaming. :cool: (and/or Angelina Jolie)

(I'm straight)

Well actually if I had the female siths voice then I'd sound like those guys on Jersey Shore.

No I don't watch that show I'm just saying I'd sound like that.

I watched it on youtube. K? we're done.

I'm Rambling. Discount the other things I said.

Except the part about me being straight.

Not that I'm against gay people it just ain't my thing.

Is this considered trollin'? I guess not :/

Dude you are funny

I agree on the female.

Male Sith Warrior voice work is the worst in the game, imho. He sounds lie he's reading the lines from a card over the 'phone and the intonation is the same - exactly the same - regardless of of what he's actually saying - it's terrible!

Compare the Sith Warrior male voice work to the Sith Inquisitor female - now that actress manages to sound by turns dry, sarcastic, peevish, evil, bellicose, conniving - you name it and she nails it.

Nope - male Sith Warrior voice is so bad I actually dropped my male Jugg at 18 and rolled female - I couldn't take it any more.

Totally disagree with you. The male SW sounds awesome! I'm a Brit so I know an evil sounding accent when I hear one and this guy is perfect. The scenes where he pronounces death on random soldiers through to entire families are pitch perfect. The ne thing that does grate massivey though after the first 30 or so times you hear it is the rehashed dialogue:

Hearing "There won't be a heart left beating" is a major annoyance now.

Edited by JamieM

I haven't heard the male voice enough to judge it, but I agree that the female voice is adorable and sexy. It's really hard to go from playing my sw (or si, which I love too) to the female consular and knight. I'm sure it was just an issue of direction, but those voices are bland in comparison.

To my great delight, my Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) not only LOOKS like my character from an upcoming, independent swedish star wars movie ("Threads of destiny") - but he even sounds a bit like I do too. Kind of scary =)

<-- I speak around 1:43 into the teaser. Edited by andreasrylander

Just rolled a male SW, and while his voice is alright, there's nothing quite like a DS-aligned, female Imperial Agent (voiced by Jo Wyatt, FemHawke from DA2) to really get the deliciously evil vibe across. Her execution scenes alone are beautiful.

*creepily polite voice* "Thank you. You've been most helpful.* *BLAM*

SW voice is so sexy, I never get sick of hearing my character talk

"Apparently you haven't been paying attention! I win every contest I enter."

"Take a good look, you will never again see someone this powerful in your lifetime"

damn, like just do me

Also I love the female Sith Warrior trainer. The way she says "No Jedi will be able to stand against you" is just so cool and sexy

Edited by mminczes

The best voices in the game are Male Jedi Knight and Female Trooper (David Hayter [snake from MGS] and Jennifer Hale [Female Shepard and Naomi in MGS series] respectively)

Those are both good, but the absolute best voice in this game is Jo Wyatt (Female Hawke from DA2), who does the female Imperial Agent. But I do like the male SW as well.

I absolutely LOVE the female sith warrior voice.

I originally wanted to play a sith assassin, but I find the female SI voice so horrible I just can't bring myself to play it. Then I tried the SW, and her voice was enough to make my SW my main. :D

SW VO > All other VO

I couldn't even play a male SI after playing the male SW. Such a wimpy voice. And the male Operative.... zomg... I rerolled female immediately. The only other Male VO I've been able to stomach is the Smuggler, he's absolutely hilarious, and the BH.

The BH is too forced. They wanted him to be too much like Clint Eastwood gritty sounding and you can tell. It makes it laughable to watch the cut scenes. But I can at least stomach it compared to the Op and SI male voices.

Those are just horrible.

Female SW and Female IA are the best VAs in this game, by a long mile. They just nail their parts so well. The one is so commanding, while sexy (SW), and as we all found out in DA2, Jo Wyatt nails snarky, which fits the IA so well, and was one of the few bright lights in what was one of the most 'phone it in' games Bioware ever made.

Female SW has so many classic lines, but the one where she stops the conversation between Vette and her sister, when the sister had said she doesn't entertain women (you know, sexually), or something along those lines, cracked me up. Anyways, it's the voice of an adult woman, and not some teenybopper, for which I am eternally greatfull. I mean, I like Vette-as an example-but that type of voice is not the type of voice I would want for my mature SW who is likely in her 30s.

That said, overall, the Imps just have superior VAing, if one discounts the BH. It's probably the accents. Though, I admit, male VAs all sound a little....well, metrosexual for lack of a better word. I don't play male characters, so I don't care, but they really need more VAs like whoever it was that voice Logaine in DA:O, and less VAs like the guy who voiced Alistair (yea, yea, lot of women and gay men love him, but he sounds like he has no ********s). I'm not saying we shouldn't have any effeminate sounding VAs, but do wish there was more variety to fill the testosterone crowd's needs a little more.

Half the reason I play female characters is just because I enjoy their VA work far more than the male VAs.

I like Jenny Hale, but she's so overused that I honestly don't like her role as female Trooper in this game. It sounds exactly like FemShepard, and I'm not sure why you have to sound like you're a butch lesbian just because you're a female soldier, as Jenny Hale most certainly doesn't sound like a butch lesbian normally. Bioware could have thrown everyone for a loop and had her voice the Consular or something, rather than what is essentially the SW version of Shepard.

Edited by revial

I play a Male Sith Warrior too, and I've always loved his voice. It fits so well to my Dark side playstyle.

I'm also the only SW I've seen who NOT play with Bodytype 3, but Bodytype 2. Makes me feel like a brainy kung fu guy, rather than the cliché brute. The voice suits that extremely well.

Honestly if I had his voice (Or hers. Female sith is BA too.)

I'd be the Daniel Craig of gaming. :cool: (and/or Angelina Jolie)

(I'm straight)

Well actually if I had the female siths voice then I'd sound like those guys on Jersey Shore.

No I don't watch that show I'm just saying I'd sound like that.

I watched it on youtube. K? we're done.

I'm Rambling. Discount the other things I said.

Except the part about me being straight.

Not that I'm against gay people it just ain't my thing.

Is this considered trollin'? I guess not :/

Personally, I don't like it. British accent does not seem intimidating or menacing the way I like Sith Voices to be. I just throw on helmets with voice mods though it improves it. The Force Champion helm is particularly robotic which really helps.

Weird how in nearly every case, I prefer the female. My female Agent is my absolute fav, the female Inquisitor lines are lovingly *****y and I weirdly find David Hayter and Nolan North more flat performance-wise compared to their female counterparts. Only male voices I really like are the smuggler and the trooper. Edited by Van_Gard