Best healers?

Deannie

hate to say it, merc healing is the worst ive seen in any mmo ive played, which is most of them, its pretty poor in PVE , but in PVP its so bad its unreal.

your instants are not instant at all to heal your self up to full health takes about 10 seconds.

a heal that takes 2 secs to cast needs to do at least 50% more healing than it does

I think it's pretty good. At the very least serviceable. I think we'll get a better judge of things when there's a larger sample size of 50s with full PvP gear (read: Expertise/Alacrity). I don't have much of an issue so far (on average). Obviously if there's a premade of full PvP gear 50s training my little level 40 ***, there's not much I can do about it.

I don't really have too much of mobility issues. Just kite/LoS in circles dropping Kolto Missiles in front of you and use Kolto Shells liberally. Find a niche in the wall and then cast Healing Scan -> Rapid Scan. Pop Energy Shield to cast for the 20% healing boost and not able to be interrupted when melee is on you and you have knockback/electro dart down. If they're up, just pop it and continue running in the opposite direction tossing Kolto Missiles on top of you and keeping Kolto Shells up. You look for a nice wall to LoS and start all over again. Pop Supercharged Gas and Emergency Scan at your discretion.

Don't get me wrong, you'll still get gibbed alot. But I'm not entirely convinced we're as horrible as others make it sound.

My intended 50 spec is going to be tentatively 33/8/0, depending on how well Alacrity plays out. If it's great, then it'll prompt a bit of a re-tweak.

Edited by Puzzlybox

hate to say it, merc healing is the worst ive seen in any mmo ive played, which is most of them, its pretty poor in PVE , but in PVP its so bad its unreal.

your instants are not instant at all to heal your self up to full health takes about 10 seconds.

a heal that takes 2 secs to cast needs to do at least 50% more healing than it does

Yeah i feel the same.

I went bodyguard spec when i became level 50 because i was planning to do some endgame stuff with friends.

In the meantime i like to do some pvp , but god , i had way more fun playing arsenal spec in warzones.

Sorcerers are way better at our job + they can do allot damage in the meantime as well.

I wish they had a duel-talent spec , so i can just go as healer in pve and go as dps in pvp.

I'm pretty sure you guys are doing something wrong. I have no problem keeping myself or others up with 3+ people me or them.

1. Kolto Missile every cd as it applies a 15% Healing buff to whoever it hits

2. Don't forget Kolto Shell, As small as the heal amount might be it really helps a ton to stay mobile and still be getting heals i've had it crit upwards of 900 with Kolto Missile up.

3. Always cast Healing Scan first if you're weary of being interrupted as you don't want your only spammable heal on cd without supercharged gas up

4.Fshhht Round the corner into LoS, cast a few heals keep moving

5.Use terrain to your advantage as a well timed knockback can provide you so much needed breathing room.

6. Supercharged gas in tight situations it provides a spammable healing scan, a dmg reduction to buff to your Kolto Missile and an all around healing boost.

7.Use your instant cast with Rapid scan

I'm sure i missed some situational things but following those guidelines my target or me rarely die with less than 3 people on us

Ive no problems healing flashpoints,never ever get to the stage where i cant heal because of too much heat.

Healing in flaspoints is more then fine indeed , and i really like to heal in there with my BH.

Healing in warzones seems a bit dodge tho , maybe its because of the ''lag''... i dont know.:(

The Bodyguard really needs some work to bring it in line with the Sorc & OP healing, I've been doing a lot of work with all three healers and the Sorc especially pisses all over the BG for healing and damage in fights.

Force resource pools + Shields + Insta Heals with Dot heals with buff to other heals and then their regular heals that you never run out of force power using even in prolonged fights vs the BG heal - heal - heal - overheat everyones dead.

It really is digusting how much more flexable the Sorc is compared to the bodyguard. WTH were BW thinking.

Even if all they did was reduce the heat cost of heals for the bodyguard that would be a step in the right direction.

The Bodyguard really needs some work to bring it in line with the Sorc & OP healing, I've been doing a lot of work with all three healers and the Sorc especially pisses all over the BG for healing and damage in fights.

Force resource pools + Shields + Insta Heals with Dot heals with buff to other heals and then their regular heals that you never run out of force power using even in prolonged fights vs the BG heal - heal - heal - overheat everyones dead.

It really is digusting how much more flexable the Sorc is compared to the bodyguard. WTH were BW thinking.

Even if all they did was reduce the heat cost of heals for the bodyguard that would be a step in the right direction.

They just need to switch the crit heal proccing alacrity to a crit heal proccing heat reduction for sustainability imo and we'd be fine. Sorcs would be fine if their damn bubble wasn't so powerful baseline, it needs to be nerfed baseline and have a skill linked to buffing it up to the power it is now...

They really do make us spec most of the way up the tree to be tolerable though. You've gotta be at least 18 points in to do any sort of healing at all or else the heat is just completely unmanageable aside from topping up outside of combat.

Well i dont have any heat issues in warzones as level 50 BH.

But it feels like our healing just isnt enough compared to sorcs and jc's in warzones imo.

I see loads of Sorcs heal for 500/600k in warzones and while they are at it they also do 100/200k damage :s.

If anyone can link me a screenshot from a BH that heals for 500/600k and also does 100/200k damage in warzones go ahead , because if so... im doing something terribly wrong..:confused:

Edited by Djehoetie

Well i dont have any heat issues in warzones as level 50 BH.

But it feels like our healing just isnt enough compared to sorcs and jc's in warzones imo.

I see loads of Sorcs heal for 500/600k in warzones and while they are at it they also do 100/200k damage :s.

If anyone can link me a screenshot from a BH that heals for 500/600k and also does 100/200k damage in warzones go ahead , because if so... im doing something terribly wrong..:confused:

I think alot of the Sorc healing comes from them being able to bubble up everyone while not fighting and then if those bubbles get eaten its a ton of healing for them. They definitely feel a tad OP though in the DPS done while healing spec and the healing done while in DPS spec. The latter is definitely due to bubbles being basically at full power without any skill points spent on them.

By the bubble logic, we should be able to put Kolto Shell on everyone or they should be restricted to how many people they can have bubbled at the same time.

Edited by Lightmgl

I think alot of the Sorc healing comes from them being able to bubble up everyone while not fighting and then if those bubbles get eaten its a ton of healing for them. They definitely feel a tad OP though in the DPS done while healing spec and the healing done while in DPS spec. The latter is definitely due to bubbles being basically at full power without any skill points spent on them.

By the bubble logic, we should be able to put Kolto Shell on everyone or they should be restricted to how many people they can have bubbled at the same time.

Yeah indeed , totally agree.

Yeah indeed , totally agree.

Yeah, I don't understand why their ground effect hits unlimited targets either while ours only hits 3... OPs have it even worse in this department. It makes things really annoying on Soa and Bonethrasher HM if you don't have at least 1 Sorc healer.

Edited by Lightmgl

BH healing is fine. I'm healing in PVP ever since lvl 40, and at 50 i was simply amazed how much more servival i had by just 1 spell.

I'm also healing 8man hardmode operations and have yet to use my vent heat (yes thats how good bh healing is)

My rapid shots crit for 350 every hit, and do so almost half of the time, this is a perfect filler.

Healing scan on the tank, and an occasional rapid scan (with the -heat cost that healing scan applies).

Supercharged gas is so awesome, i think i'm activating that skill almost 10 times in a operation fight, it builds up so incredibly fast.

And for the love of god, do not save up your charges for when you think you'll need it, because by then you would've been able to get 30 charges more.

In pvp i have yet to find someone who can get me down 1v1 in less then 3 minutes. Get some PVP gear, pop your +power relic, and adrenals if you have them, and be amazed.

3 insta heals = win tbh, getting ymself from 10 to 100% in a matter of seconds uninteruptable. Have yet to find a class who can do that.

The only thing that I am bothered about is the amount of targets we can hit with our only AoE heal, which should be brought up to atleast 5 imo. Seeing how a sorc can heal upto 12... makes me sad :(

I really only have two complaints about mercenary healing;

1) Emergency Scan is a great ability! I don't care what anyone says. When it crits, you feel amazing! But that's also my issue. As of Right now, I have a 40% crit rate, with 80% multiplier. When Emergency scan doesn't crit, and heals for a lousy 1-2k when full t1 tanks have +20k HP, I feel like crawling into a hole...I would suggest buffing the base heal, or perhaps add auto crit when tanks are kolto shelled/low on health, etc

2) Kolto missile needs to have smarter targeting/increase in # of players healed. I can't tell you how many times I've healed flashpoints/operations and the kolto missile landed on players with full HP instead of players with low HP, NPC's (minimechs????), etc. I mean really, kolto missile should really take these kind of things into account. Also, why in the world does it only heal 3 players? With the way heat works, we should be getting more bang for our buck. For flashpoints, it's good but in an 8/16man setting, it just doesn't cut it..not when operatives can stack HoTs, sorcs can drop revivification.

If these two abilities were buffed/fixed, I really wouldn't have any complaints about merc healing. It's really fun and I enjoy it.

I really only have two complaints about mercenary healing;

1) Emergency Scan is a great ability! I don't care what anyone says. When it crits, you feel amazing! But that's also my issue. As of Right now, I have a 40% crit rate, with 80% multiplier. When Emergency scan doesn't crit, and heals for a lousy 1-2k when full t1 tanks have +20k HP, I feel like crawling into a hole...I would suggest buffing the base heal, or perhaps add auto crit when tanks are kolto shelled/low on health, etc

2) Kolto missile needs to have smarter targeting/increase in # of players healed. I can't tell you how many times I've healed flashpoints/operations and the kolto missile landed on players with full HP instead of players with low HP, NPC's (minimechs????), etc. I mean really, kolto missile should really take these kind of things into account. Also, why in the world does it only heal 3 players? With the way heat works, we should be getting more bang for our buck. For flashpoints, it's good but in an 8/16man setting, it just doesn't cut it..not when operatives can stack HoTs, sorcs can drop revivification.

If these two abilities were buffed/fixed, I really wouldn't have any complaints about merc healing. It's really fun and I enjoy it.

I agree with those points.

Especially the Kolto Missile issue, I mean why design an aoe heal that heals 3 targets (let alone sometimes healing full hp targets).

I guess BW wanted mercs to be main tank healers, but the current design is making aoe healing completely useless as a merc, and truthfully, why bring a merc when you can bring another sorc that has a godly multi-target aoe?