The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So I married my companion

LoL-K-Noob

I dont know what else a gamer can want. Marriage with an npc already sounds wierd. Do you want to have kids or something with the virtual ai?

@above, if you have multiple romance options open, such as vette and janersa for the sith warrior, w.e her name is, you get confronted by both and are forced to choose, one loses affection in the process and you are locked from romancing them.

Edited by Amandeep

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only get one romance character per toon. You dont have to marry her.

So my companion is like halfway through her whole affection bar. Does this mean that my next romancable chick who I get on hoth doesnt stand a chance?

Edited by Darth_Grissom

So my companion is like halfway through her whole affection bar. Does this mean that my next romancable chick who I get on hoth doesnt stand a chance?

Actually I was wrong, you can more than one romance able character. As far as your question I dont know.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

So my companion is like halfway through het whole bar. Does this mean that my next romancable chick who I get on hoth doesnt stand a chance?

nope. I got Risha at level 28. She had 9k affection by level 35. Just spend about 15k credits, which is chump at that level, on rank 1 and 2 companion gifts to get your affection with them to 4k before doing any quests. Then level normally and pick options that reflect their personality. And if ur still struggling, BT and Esseles all award affection to every companion, about 500 affection per 10 minute solo clear runs if you know what your doing.

Thanks for answering :)

I hope I can romance the other chick as well as kaliyo

no, If pursued in romance, she inevitably asks you your situation with Kaliyo, depending on Kaliyo's affection and your past romantic escapades with her. You will be prompted to choose Ensign or Kaliyo.

this means u can choose one, which makes sense, in a universe where people die every second, polygamy is still frowned upon.

no, If pursued in romance, she inevitably asks you your situation with Kaliyo, depending on Kaliyo's affection and your past romantic escapades with her. You will be prompted to choose Ensign or Kaliyo.

this means u can choose one, which makes sense, in a universe where people die every second, polygamy is still frowned upon.

Aw crap :(

Well Kaliyo isnt that attractive so I guess later on I will give her the boot for the new chick.

[...]

@above, if you have multiple romance options open, such as vette and janersa for the sith warrior, w.e her name is, you get confronted by both and are forced to choose, one loses affection in the process and you are locked from romancing them.

Jesus, what is wrong with theese devs. And what if i dont want any of them?

Edited by Satanski

Bioware romances tend to focus on sex, or marriage in the case of this game, as the end goal of relationships that usually happens near the end of the game. Unfortunately the most interesting aspects of romance and relationships can sometimes happen after this :)

This isn't the Sims; you dpon't get to hunker down and make babies I'm afraid.

If not that, then what exactly are you after out of it???:confused:

In other RPGs, including some Bioware ones with nearly identical dialogue/romance systems, once you had achieved relationship status with someone, you could entertain them in your captains quarters, have them dance for you, etc whenever you wanted. So the precedent is there for something more, even from the same developers.