Light on most servers, so why are we waiting?

Lady_Femke

I have this problem. I understand I will have to wait until EA/BW allow my EGA to become active as per the agreement I have with them.

But what I don't understand to be honest is why, with nearly all servers reporting Light and just a handful showing Standard, and have been doing so for a number of hours here in the EU area, I and many others have to play the forum post game instead of SWTOR.

Whichever side of the anger fence you sit, whether it is a QQ'er or a happy EA/BW supporter, and whether you are already getting EGA or not, you surely have to accept it doesn't make any sense.

Oh yes, and guys please stop insulting and flaming each other, it doesnt make you look clever, big, intelligent or knowlegable it just makes you look childish and foolish.

Edited by Lady_Femke

you are waiting because they all hate you and don't want to let you enjoy the game.

What basterds.

Can you think of a better reason for this lazy staggered release ********? Rift had a million people in on day 1 and nowhere near the resources of Bioware and EA.

New waves wont be going out for just over 2hrs (I think). I'm on the side of I dont expect to get in before the 19th and people need to stop being childish. But even I may change my mind come TOMORROW (when EGA was suposed to start initially) at primetime if the servers are all saying high/full.

I suppose (and that's really only guessing) they try to spread the players out in the gameworld so there will be no zone-crashes. A server can be only half-full but if all those people come together in one area, the zone will crash. So I guess they want to avoid that.

thats what sharding is for.

theyr main concern is having to merge servers later on.

Edited by Munx

I feel the same way, but just trying my best to be patient. My first time actually getting an MMO at launch and am happy enough to be a part of it.

Though I would personally hope that since yesterday the load usually hit "standard" maybe a couple "heavy" they might add some extra waves today.

A fools hope, but better than no hope.

New waves wont be going out for just over 2hrs (I think). I'm on the side of I dont expect to get in before the 19th and people need to stop being childish. But even I may change my mind come TOMORROW (when EGA was suposed to start initially) at primetime if the servers are all saying high/full.

"High/Full" doesn't mean anything. With a single button press you can set High to >=5000 or >=500. It's completely arbitrary.

I have this problem. I understand I will have to wait until EA/BW allow my EGA to become active as per the agreement I have with them.

But what I don't understand to be honest is why, with nearly all servers reporting Light and just a handful showing Standard, and have been doing so for a number of hours here in the EU area, I and many others have to play the forum post game instead of SWTOR.

Whichever side of the anger fence you sit, whether it is a QQ'er or a happy EA/BW supporter, and whether you are already getting EGA or not, you surely have to accept it doesn't make any sense.

Oh yes, and guys please stop insulting and flaming each other, it doesnt make you look clever, big, intelligent or knowlegable it just makes you look childish and foolish.

How many things in life are we entitled to know? Not many when you think about it. Do you therefore get annoyed at everything you aren't entitled to know? BioWare are doing what they are doing because they are. It doesn't get any more complicated than that. They have their reasons, and after 3 years of waiting I'm not going off on a bender based on wild lack of knowledge and neither should anybody else.

Lesson #1 they should teach at school: You never ever ever buck the system, unless you become rich enough at which point you embrace the system because you are on the inside. If you think this is wrong then ask yourself why the very people who caused the world economic crisis still get truckloads of bonus money at this time of year, when logically they should be in prison.

We are waiting because an epic fail has been committed and BioWare are busy out partying over their "successful launch" of the game.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

Understood and feels the same, even though it feels kinda sucky :(

But what I don't understand to be honest is why, with nearly all servers reporting Light and just a handful showing Standard, and have been doing so for a number of hours here in the EU area, I and many others have to play the forum post game instead of STWOR.

100% my feelings exactly. No reason they should let us wait if the loads on servers are acceptable. Also, EU got the short straw once more it seems. The waves go on NA time schedules and we have to sit all day waiting for their day to start :S

I still dont understand the supporter side tbh. Not that i like the QQing once "GIVE ME GAME NOW!" types , but tbh i see the points of the "QQing" side as you called them and they do have a couple of valid points.

I dont flame, but i need to say , I am clever, big, intelligent and knowledgeable :D

Good post there!

Why are we waiting? 'Cause some "genius" thought of a brand-new way of launching early access that not only goes outside the decade-long norm, but is now also undermining hundreds of millions spent on PR to attract and appease the would-be customers.

If the bosses at Bioware are smart and observant, they will realize the blunder this has become and change the pace of EGA. If not, they will simply blame/fire the guy who came up with the idea after the financial damage reports are out.

No, I'm not wishful thinking. I'm talking as a multiple business owner. The customer is always right, even when they are so obviously wrong. It's that simple.

Edited by Cicatrize

I think today will be better after they seen how many people they let in and how it affected the servers.

They will probably either do 4-5 waves with a lot more people or 6-7 waves with the same amount as yesterday..

Let's just hope I can get in today! :D

I understand it is the first staggered release and I will wait as long as I need to, no problems there, I also understand the reasoning behind the staggered release was to try to avoid the overloaded server problems that other MMO's have experienced on startup.

But, and its a big but, there should be flexability in the process as these forums are exploding with anger, frustation, mockery, insults and flaming while the game has almost empty servers and the players waiting for entry are sitting at their computers.

It is poor business practice to have rigid systems without flexability.

I think today will be better after they seen how many people they let in and how it affected the servers.

They will probably either do 4-5 waves with a lot more people or 6-7 waves with the same amount as yesterday..

Let's just hope I can get in today! :D

Yes I share that hope but feel if this, what I would term part time wave entry, may continue unless someone with intelligence in the company sees the effect this slow access is having on a lot of the players itching to play the game.

How many things in life are we entitled to know? Not many when you think about it. Do you therefore get annoyed at everything you aren't entitled to know? BioWare are doing what they are doing because they are. It doesn't get any more complicated than that. They have their reasons, and after 3 years of waiting I'm not going off on a bender based on wild lack of knowledge and neither should anybody else.

Lesson #1 they should teach at school: You never ever ever buck the system, unless you become rich enough at which point you embrace the system because you are on the inside. If you think this is wrong then ask yourself why the very people who caused the world economic crisis still get truckloads of bonus money at this time of year, when logically they should be in prison.

We are angry about the slow , staggered release with a 18 hour wait between waves. It's a reasonable thing to be angry about.

You are insane.