why are the select few, getting to play when we purchased the same thing p2

cylak

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the movie theater is liable. They did not inform me that other people have bought tickets before me and I may have to wait in line before finding a seat. Also, ***, why aren't their doors wide enough so that we can all enter the movie at the same time? This is 2011! I would sue.

Other than how movie theaters operate is now a common business practice, I wonder what it would take to get a suit like that to pass first blush.

so after preordering the last 5 mmo's i have played, expecting the same treatment was wrong of me?

being sold a game due to misleading information is ok ?

they are liable, thats a fact

There was no misleading information.

In fact, the information that WAS presented was concise, accurate and explicit.

You mislead yourself by making an assumption and not even bothering to read up or inform yourself on the terms and conditions.

The only person who is liable here is you, thats a fact.

Face it, you're too stupid to read the terms and conditions before purchasing something and THAT is why you are not in game right now :)

Driz

Bioware didn't scam anyone.

WARNING: The following spoiler contains rational thoughts, facts and logic, have been known to aggrevate children

Did they state that you may get "up to 5 days" of early game access with the pre-order?

Why yes they did.

Did that statement in any way imply that if you pre-ordered you would be guaranteed 5 days early game access?

No it didn't.

Did they state anywhere that early game access was granted by first come first serve basis, ie the order you entered you pre-order code?

Yes they did.

Have they so far failed in that regard?

No they haven't.

Didn't they infact even extend that time to the possibility of up to 7 days early game access?

Yes they did.

Is it their fault that people can't be bothered to read?

No it isn't.

Is it their fault that people make assumptions?

No it isn't.

Also, the game is launched for the staggered pre-order early game access but THE launch (Retail Street Date, Real Launch, public Access) is NOT until the 20th

DISCLAIMER: The 'they' refered to in the previous statements is Bioware

Hey there, Weremops! Welcome to the Cylak party! Going 140 pages strong now!

You're rational logic and reasonable nature won't work on Cylak, he's wearing a robe of wisdom immunity! It gives him an elemental immunity to common sense. It also allows him to sue people for things that are perfectly legal.

*I* think we should immortalize Cylak as TOR's Leroy Jenkins.

--

Chained-Fei

Previously of "Xenosaga" forums

I think Cylak needs to try to cut in line at a Wal-Mart on Black Friday when they only have 20 TV's at 50% off.

Mob Rage! That'll teach him!

I think he went to bed so I'm gonna move along, lol.

Edited by Senessa

I feel it is our solemn duty, all of us, as curators of the culture of Star Wars: The Old Republic to make sure that none of us ever forget today; the Day Cylak Didn't Get in.

Cylak should be remembered for all time as that guy that didn't get in. He should be immortalized in all servers, at all places as that Guy who Didn't Get In.

Cylak needs to become our Leroy Jenkins of Illiteracy.

Make it so, internets!

--

Chained-Fei

so as a customer i have to research everything i buy now?

are you for real?

Ummm...YES!

It's one of the oldest principles of consumerism. Ever hear of Caveat Emptor?

Ok..I give up...he's got to be a troll. I simply refuse to believe that anyone with a functioning collection of synapses could be this daft.

Ummm...YES!

It's one of the oldest principles of consumerism. Ever hear of Caveat Emptor?

Ok..I give up...he's got to be a troll. I simply refuse to believe that anyone with a functioning collection of synapses could be this daft.

I'm beginning to wonder if the poster in question would actually pass a Turing Test ... I have my doubts ;)

are you for real?

yes. it has been this way since buying/selling things started. it is noones fault but yours that you are to lazy to do what every reasonable person alive does as 2nd nature.

Quoting directly from the email Amazon sent out that contained the pre-order code:

"Entitlement to early access is contingent on the date of your pre-order and the release date of the product. See pre-order FAQ's at http://ww.swtor.com/preorder/faq for details."

I'm not sure where you think they mislead you. That statement is pretty straight-forward.

And then on the page where you enter your code it also said access of UP TO five days would be granted according to when you entered your code.

as title says

I payed the exact money , i was not informed by amazon that people who preordered first would get in first.

Why are there 2 sets of rules being thrown around by BW/EA

It's not Amazon's job to get you to read the pre-order FAQ which stated that the amount of early access you got would be based on when you redeemed your code.

Let this be a lesson that because you're disappointed you didn't know something about a product, maybe next time you'll do some research before you purchase.

All people who pre-ordered early enough to play right now is comparing this launch with standing in a line to buy a product. I totally agree that if you buy first, you get first in line. You should get in first. You paid 5$, got in first, 7days of early access, Congrats!

The strange part for me is that by doing this way, we stand in a line where people buy a worse variant of the product over time, for the same price! If the cost for early access should have decreased with the numbers of days of extra access time, nothing would be strange to me.

Edited by vonwitting

It's not Amazon's job to get you to read the pre-order FAQ which stated that the amount of early access you got would be based on when you redeemed your code.

Let this be a lesson that because you're disappointed you didn't know something about a product, maybe next time you'll do some research before you purchase.

Cylak is impervious to your Jedi Wiles. Actually, Cylak is just impervious to wiles of any kind.

--

Chained-Fei

Previously from "Xenosaga" forums

I just died a little inside...

Do not worry. You too can contribute to spreading Cylak awareness. Simply regale your friends and guildmates when you log in about Cylak and his epic threads of awful.

Be a contributor! Spread Cylak awareness.

--

Chained-Fei

Do not worry. You too can contribute to spreading Cylak awareness. Simply regale your friends and guildmates when you log in about Cylak and his epic threads of awful.

Be a contributor! Spread Cylak awareness.

--

Chained-Fei

I want to get Keanu Reeves and Chuck Norris to do a PSA on the awareness of Cylak and Cylak related incidents of forum stupidity.... I think it would be good...

I want to get Keanu Reeves and Chuck Norris to do a PSA on the awareness of Cylak and Cylak related incidents of forum stupidity.... I think it would be good...

"Many people encounter Cylak and feel frustration and powerlessness... but don't worry, there is a solution.

Cylak Awareness. You too can contribute by making those you care for and game with Aware of Cylak."

~The Mooore you Knoooooow~

--

Chained-Fei

All people who pre-ordered early enough to play right now is comparing this launch with standing in a line to buy a product. I totally agree that if you buy first, you get first in line. You should get in first. You paid 5$, got in first, 7days of early access, Congrats!

The strange part for me is that by doing this way, we stand in a line where people buy a worse variant of the product over time, for the same price! If the cost for early access should have decreased with the numbers of days of extra access time, nothing would be strange to me.

You did not pay for early access, you paid for pre ordering the game. A reservation fee.

Best example was the MacDonalds one.

You know that guy ahead of you in the line? He gets his burger first because he was there first. Hell he might even be paying less, than you but he's still in front of you.

MacDonalds are not being unfair, that's how a line works.

Edited by Verindel

are you for real?

You obviously never bought a car before in your life. I seriously hope you buy the first car they promise you an extra Ipad with and end up with a Lada :)

A well informed costumer is a smart one... kids that have their parents buy them things without being informed because it's sparkly usualy end up with a lit stick of dynamite in their hands....

With age comes wisdom, and you obviously lack both Cyrlak