Are you serious with this "big" patch

Starglide

THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY right now should not be NEW CONTENT. It should be FIXING the content YOU HAVE. Its not WHAT YOU DO, its HOW YOU DO IT. Right now it is jack of all trades master of none. The leveling experience is great but that isn't what makes an MMO.

I agree.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been stated previously, swtor is still in its infancy, bugs are to be expected, reported, and then expected to be fixed at some point. Don't forget, though, that there are possibly hundreds of thousands of people writing to bioware telling them "hey look here is a bug, fix it" when sometimes it's not actually a bug.

The bugs you have described has not happened to me at all, the only noteworthy bugs for me are quest/mission continuation problems, like class quests when the missions bugs and you cannot complete it, you have to reset the quest and do it all over again lols. Also the healing bug where your char keeps being greenish after a heal.

Those are the two bugs I have noticed mostly, any other bug is so minor a thing I wouldn't bother even mentioning it in passing.

Old MMO's, like Everquest, Asheron's Call, WoW, Eve Online, they all still have bugs... Why? Because whenever you change something in the code, ie. fix a bug or add something or just want to tidy up, there is a possibility that a bug is created. Since they are fixing bugs, they have to try and make sure that the fix didn't cause any other bug to happen... This is why it takes a long time to fix bugs, and why it is a constant ongoing process... Also this is why it is a process that will never be completed.

Since I am not really interested in a pointless argument, I shall simply state that I disagree with pretty much everything the OP says.

It seems everyone else does too, The OP and this thread Failed.

Luckily we can give it a 1 star rating and help it vanish into the oblivion with the rest of the pointless threads.

and what happened to LOTRO? VANISHED OFF THE RADAR RIGHT AFTER RELEASE

What are you talking about? Its one of the most highly profitable games on the market. What holds it back is that it is so limited because of the story and lore. A fantasy game without wizards? Really? Also there is no real pvp in lotro only this monster player vs player thing that only happens in one zone. With even all that lotro is very successful. So much so WB bought it not too long ago for a hefty sum. Since it went free to play its been bringing in people left and right.

I've said this before, but people are never happy. There are bugs, naturally, when an MMO launches. It's a huge game. So there are the smart people who understand why and patiently wait. Then there are the imbeciles who think it should be perfect at launch, complain about the amount of bugs, and then complain when the game is down because of bug patching.

Think about it, the people complaining about how crappy the game is are the ones complaining about not being able to play it.

I just wish all these kids would get off the forums >.> I come to general to learn more about the game in general. I don't come here to see people thinking their opinion is so much better than everyone else's.

Some of these replies are laughable. I am worried about the game.

Stop saying "They will fix it". The game shouldn't have been released with this.

Did you know that TOR is planning to loose over 20% of subs on top of the "normal" sub drops from post free 30 days?

Pay attention to what is going on.

Cite the objective source of your "fact."

Stop saying "They will fix it". The game shouldn't have been released with this.

Did you know that TOR is planning to loose over 20% of subs on top of the "normal" sub drops from post free 30 days?

No MMO has ever been released without bugs. No MMO has ever been released with large amounts of endgame content.

Get some perspective. You want the game to succeed, we all do, but this kind of haranguing a couple of weeks into live is really pointless.

If you and people like you still feel the same in 3 months' time, then I agree, yes, the game will probably "fail" (in the sense of fail to "beat WoW" or whatever, not necessarily majorly fail in the developers' or publishers' eyes).

It's become the habit to believe that MMOs start big and decline quickly, and it's downhill from there, so that somehow the trick is to retain the initial surge of subscribers. But games like EQ, WoW and EVE showed that sometimes games can attract more and more subs as they go, even after a bit of the usual early decline.

Let's hope SWTOR turns out to be that kind of game. If not - no great loss, eh? It's just a hobby.

Edited by gurugeorge

Not a single software in the full history of computer science has been released without bugs. And usually a lot of bugs. Why? Because it is just not possible to rule them out fully before launch. Some of them can only be discovered when millions of people are playing the game.

Honestly BW,

I think patch 1.1 looks pretty @#$% good.

Other than the no high textures and ability lag I think that is pretty standard patch and if you do this each week your probably going to retain subs. The only subs your going to loose are the ones that don't want to be here anyway.

Thanks BW I appreciate what I see keep this up and you will have yourself a fine game soon.

Frankly the amount of people who just clamour saying "It'll be fixed, this is normal" are pathetic.

This is 2012. They asked us for €45 to buy this game, on top of asking for subscriptions. If i'm paying for a game that doesn't do what it's meant to do, the game is broken. Never mind the fact that it spent years in development by EA and Bioware, 2 incredibly large and profitable companies.

Saying that in the past, games have been released with bugs, well obviously that's true. But we aren't in the dark ages here, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand how an MMO tends to attract players.

Take the biggest MMO out there, WoW. Know what attracts it? Sponsorhip. And what do I mean here? I mean people at the max level, playing high level PvP and PvE. These are broadcast, which is publicity, which attracts more players, who will then subscribe. Why? They want their slice of the pie. They see someone doing it and say : "Hey, I bet I could do that". And they subscribe. And they pay. And hence, the game carries on.

No MMO survives on casual players and fanboys. Sorry, but no.

MMOs survived before WoW, and MMOs survive after WoW on population that the WoW kiddies consider "fail". They come on to every new MMO whining on the forums and proclaiming the new one fail, then go back to their old game. Happens every release.

Not a single software in the full history of computer science has been released without bugs. And usually a lot of bugs. Why? Because it is just not possible to rule them out fully before launch. Some of them can only be discovered when millions of people are playing the game.

Maybe its me but I just don't get it. Computers do what the 1s and 0s tell them to do. If you can't write the 1s and 0s correctly, then maybe you shouldn't be being paid to be a programmer. I'm not a programmer. I don't understand the nuances, and as a consumer I don't care. And I'll quit ************ when EA/BW gives me my box money back, or has bug free content.

Maybe its me but I just don't get it. Computers do what the 1s and 0s tell them to do. If you can't write the 1s and 0s correctly, then maybe you shouldn't be being paid to be a programmer. I'm not a programmer. I don't understand the nuances, and as a consumer I don't care. And I'll quit ************ when EA/BW gives me my box money back, or has bug free content.

Exactly. You aren't a programmer. Don't speak about what you don't know.

As for a refund, go buy a car, drive it for a month, then try to take it back because it didn't have your favorite radio station preprogrammed.. that's about the level of your arguement

Because each line of code operates completely independent of the rest, and never interacts with it in any way, what so ever. :rolleyes:

Exactly. You aren't a programmer. Don't speak about what you don't know.

As for a refund, go buy a car, drive it for a month, then try to take it back because it didn't have your favorite radio station preprogrammed.. that's about the level of your arguement

And if they had sold the game to programmers only, I wouldn't be ************. I don't need to know how a job is done to know whether it's done well or not. Programmers aren't special snowflakes who should be entitled to sell broken crap because their jobs are too hard to do right. I don't need to know how to cook, to know whether my steak tastes good.

And more like a tire falling off when you drive it off the lot than radio station a month later.

And if they had sold the game to programmers only, I wouldn't be ************. I don't need to know how a job is done to know whether it's done well or not. Programmers aren't special snowflakes who should be entitled to sell broken crap because their jobs are too hard to do right. I don't need to know how to cook, to know whether my steak tastes good.

And more like a tire falling off when you drive it off the lot than radio station a month later.

You, sir, are the pinnacle of ignorance. It takes true effort to be as oblivious as you are.