GTN Terminals- There aren't enough

TheNevet

While I don't have a major issue with the GTN only on the fleet, since it's easy to just use the emergency fleet pass and I'm there, it would be smart putting terminals on the end game planets, and maybe a higher level planet or two.

Also Hutt Trade Network terminals could use some expanding to some other planets. I have some many republic schematics that if I even learn them in order to make money off the gear I have to travel way out of the way. Plus that network is pretty much empty. Don't get me wrong I don't want to see a terminal for a "black market" network everywhere, but a few more places like tatooine for instance would be logical. Any place scum and villainy would hang out...

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could choose 3 places where to add a GTN for your faction, which would those be?

I think most people will end up on the fleet because it gives access to everything 50's need (cargo hold, GTN, skill mentor, flashpoints, other players). I am not thrilled about this, because I would rather look at part of the beautiful scenery rather than the inside of a cavernous space station. However, adding GTN to other places won't change this, so I agree that placing one near every spaceport would be a decent idea.

However, I do have a list of places I have seen so far that I would rather call home:

Alderaan: I think because it's so earthy, and I thought it was a truly beautiful planet. Made me a little sad that the empire destroyed it.

Tatooine: Would have loved for the Cantina here to be a little more reminiscent of the one in the movies, but I thought the main city was close enough to Mos Eisley that I would spend time here for the nostalgia effect.

I guess Taris for #3. I thought it was a pretty decent zone and all the ruins and the wreckage of the endore spire were pretty neat.

Nar Shadda, Hoth, Balmorra, Hutta, Korriban would be the planets I've seen so far in order of most likely to revisit-least likely to revisit.

-All planetary main hub/spaceports as others have said is the main need.

The amount of time/effort to fly back to spaceport, run to my ship, get into ship, run to the bridge, fly to fleet, run from my ship, down to the gtn is just too much. Especially since the amount of times I have found something I needed to buy once I get there is rather low.

The amount of effort required to do the action must be low enough if you want to have any hope of success.

A gtn on each planet will mean more people checking the market, more people placing items on the market, and thus a good chance of more people buying from the market.

-GTN access on ship would also be cool as an upgrade feature perhaps. Maybe it comes with a legacy level?

I actually made a ticket on the subject of the lack of nodes and received this response and quote

"Greetings Jokak_Sana,

I am Protocol Droid K8-E8 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding your request to have a Galactic Trade Market hub on Alderaan.

As of right now, developers are considering on allowing warring factions to sell items to one another, but only on contested planets like Alderaan. As of right now, we still do not have any information when and if it will be implemented.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty..."

I would really love this!!!

btw BW, my name is Jojak_Sana, not Jokak lol

If you could choose 3 places where to add a GTN for your faction, which would those be?

This for me is a hard question to answer..

First the players ship is a very bad idea.. You would then need a mail box on your ship to, and then what is the point to go to the fleet at all??

I played in the beta and it used to be that every starting town on every planet had everything.. All trainers, all the crewskill trainers, cargo hold, and of course GTN.. All right there on whatever planet you were on.. In leveling from 1-50.. You had 0 reason to ever go to fleet station..

I happen to like the wat it is now.. I put stuff in my cargo hold, until I am done questing on a world and then make a stop to the fleet before I go to the next one.. Also, every planet now has a shuttle that can take you directly to the fleet.. For those emergency times when you just have to put something on the GTN or buy something from that vendor..

I will say that I am curious as to why the Hut Cartel Trading Network is only on one planet?? I would like to see this on other planets.. For those that don't know.. The HCTN is a seperate trading network where both factions are connection.. As far as I know.. The only HCTN is on Nar Shaddaa.. I wouldn't mind seeing more of those..

But the regular GTN's.. They are fine.. No changes need to be made.. People just need to be less lazy.. Use the shuttles.. It really is faster to get to the fleet than it is to get on your ship.. QT to the town with the shuttle and then use the shuttle.. It is essentially an elevator ride to the fleet.. No running to your ship and actually taking off and flying there.. Oh.. You will be happy to know that your ship follows you to the fleet when you use the shuttle.. So your ride back is already there waiting for you.. :cool:

*SNIP*

But the regular GTN's.. They are fine.. No changes need to be made.. People just need to be less lazy.. Use the shuttles.. It really is faster to get to the fleet than it is to get on your ship.. QT to the town with the shuttle and then use the shuttle.. It is essentially an elevator ride to the fleet.. No running to your ship and actually taking off and flying there.. Oh.. You will be happy to know that your ship follows you to the fleet when you use the shuttle.. So your ride back is already there waiting for you.. :cool:

You can call people lazy and say they need to be less so all you want, but that doesn't mean they are or that they will be less so. More people using the GTN makes the market healthier, stronger, and better for everyone, including those who aren't "lazy".

Personally, my having to go to fleet to use the GTN does absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada for "socializing" or any other imaginary benefit for people other than me. If I have to sit through multiple load screens (which are longer in this game than any other MMO I've played, but whatever, it's new, it's unoptimized, it's more resource intensive, that's a different thread), to get to the market and back (the shuttles and fleet passes do nothing for this part of it) I'm rarely using it. What I am doing with the GTN is getting irritated and annoyed; neither of which are benefits to my continued subscription. (Not threatening to quite because of this, just saying that all these things add up when it's time for the decision.)

I don't go to fleet to use the GTN and get side-tracked in conversation in fleet GC. I don't go on a random PUG FP simply because I wanted to post/buy on the GTN. I don't decide to stand around dancing in a slave bikini at the fleet cantina because I happen to be there. If I'm going there, it's for a reason. If it's so important to lure people to fleet, give them a reason to be there, not force an inconvenient reason to go there. There is a big difference.

Right now, I am checking it daily, because I'm monitoring the orange items for the purpose of customization (or, really, proving that there is very little), but I'm not really using it as a market to sell things; I haven't even taken up a crafting crew skill on the character that has become my main because it's pointless with a dead and inconvenient market.

Edited by Vodalus

I'd like the EVE approach, that GTN would be part of our interface where we can access it from anywhere at any time. But even more I rather see improvements in search/input/filter for GTN then accessibility, at least then it would be worth while making the trip to actually put things up on GTN.

I think every spaceport is a reasonable idea. It would be a logical place from a lore point of view - you can buy stuff from the terminal but it would still have to be shipped to you. Obviously I'd still like to get it in the mail, instantly, but I do think we need to have at least one per planet, per faction.

Illum -- End game Zone. Lots of people hang here.

Voss -- Close to the end. not quite there. Long planet should have one.

Balmora -- Another LONG planet, would make sense

My Spaceship -- Yea.... A little too easy I know. But perhaps we could buy a Astromech droid to handle or intergalactic buying and selling abour the ship.

They need to make it easier to get there and then back to where we're questing then.

Run to spaceyard, get into shuttle, fly to spacestation, run to personal spaceship, fly to Fleet, run to GTN

That's a massive chunk of time.

Yeah. Well fleet pass sovles this 1h for 1k creds. The problem is that Biowere decided to put this in with the security key.

That is a issue. But I guess its ok to force people to buy the keys, just a hard way of doing it.

Edited by Zilliztra

I would say place one in every market area on every planet where it makes sense (taris for example seems to messed up to have a GTN connection...)

Also, make them more easy to see on the map, since for some reason the GTN Terminals seem to only pop up on your map when you are already close to them...

Finaly, make it more clear that the Hutt Market and the GTN are seperate things, i wouldnt even know this if a friend hadnt told me about it.

If I could choose 3 locations, those would be:

- My Ship

- My Bankaccountwindow

- My Pocket

I can live with the ship, though :-)

EDIT: How about a GTN interface and then you send off a companion to post the items to the GTN? So he is gone 1 minute for each item posted?

Buying should be accessible from everywhere, at least from cantinas. I can already buy almost anything from almost everywhere with my smartphone as of today and on this very planet.

Edited by _Flin_
Additional Idea

If I had to pick three locations where the GTN is readily available, I'd have to say, in order of importance for myself:

- My Ship

- Every Spaceport on Every Planet

And yeah, that's pretty much it. The biggest problem I have with the GTN as of right now is that it requires me to go to Fleet, which, if I'm in the middle of questing, is a major headache, or to Dromund Kaas, in which case the GTN is located in the middle of Kaas City, not exactly the most convenient of locations to get to when you first land in the space port about half-way across the planet.

Or Nar Shaddaa (Hutt Trade Network), which isn't as populated, or wasn't as populated, as the other GTN.

And Fleet lags so bad because it is a single instance that I often load in and freeze for several minutes as the entire fleet area populates. My other irritation with the GTN is that if I want to make easy sales or keep my bags empty, I'm required to have one character sitting at the GTN at all times, usually somewhere like Dromund Kaas, since it does lag less than Fleet.

Not an ideal solution, but it is some sort of solution, at least.

- 100k to 500k ship upgrade on the for the kiosk/droid/whatever that access the faction specific GTN seams fair. (possibly a separate less costly upgrade for the mailbox)

- IF the ship upgrade is no good, than the space ports/stations. (if there is a kiosk on the spaceport why would i need the upgrade)

- a cantina based neutral GTN (maybe will have to buy a pass/invitation the first time you use it and it should cost more than the ship upgrade or an additional upgrade for the ship requiring the first to be bought before)

I guess this is the closest forum we have to anything regarding the economy. I tried putting this in the general discussion thread but it was, of course, buried onto page two from whining threads within a minute.

Anyway...

We need more Galactic Trade Network kiosks placed throughout the game world. There simply are not enough of them. I should not have to get into my ship and fly to another planet just to use one of these terminals. It's Star Wars, the holonet is everywhere. Even on the most backwater planets of all.

At the very least there should be one near every taxi terminal.

it focuses players to a central hub, just like stormwind or orgrimmar. GOOD AS IT IS

GTN on Nar shadaa is not connected to the imperial GTN. (in empire fleet). Hutt space GTN's are considered Neutral and both republic and empire players can list and buy things. But since it's in such a ridiculous location no one uses it! So have fun shopping there!

There is also a third GTN for republic only. 3 different GTN networks!

I want to say this is just lame, but I can see how it would be cool to not allow another faction to buy something of yours from a Roleplay perspective (I don't Roleplay).

But, is this indicated anywhere? I had no idea until I read this post. If it is not easily figured out, then come on Bioware, put a big notice up at said areas please.

My suggestion, if possible, is connect them all, have one in each spaceport, but give us a choice when posting, which faction we want to sell to, or both.

Delekahn

1. A buy upgrade to the ship would be nice. Expensive one.

2. It should at least be one on each planet. Ex. Balmorra and global on Nar Shadaa.

3. Or reduce the cooldown time for the emergency fleet pass. I realy like the social hub idea also.

My tank broke lvl 40 yesterday and I realized that my earpeices and implant were horrible out dated. IIRC the earpeices was original from lvl 15.

Between the lack of GTNs and people REing everything they craft, I'll probably hit 50 with my original implants/earpieces.

My biggest thing is say I am on Hoth, I have to go to spaceport, and cannot use the mount during the spaceport, run through it, zone into ship, then zone into fleet, go to market, and then do the reverse. I started to do this a lot in the beginning, but now I only go to the market maybe once every 3 days.

The thing that really makes it the longest is the zoning, for some reason even though my PC is decent enough, it takes literally 2 minutes for each zone, and ruins the immersion factor.

So based on that I think it would be best to put a market in every planet right outside the spaceport or even in the spaceport. If not that then at least a GTN in your ship along with a mailbox.