Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Level 25 Legacy - Where's my reward?

Cranberries

All I'm getting from this is the following:

"The promise of upcoming new content and a suprise at the end of the day isn't enough for me. I went and ground this out so I could brag on the forums that I did so and I want my special talents that give me an I-WIN button and fluff my imaginary video game fame and respect NOW...GIMME IT NAO SO I CAN LORD IT OVER THOSE WITHOUT 15 HUORS PER DAY TO GRIND THIS OUT LIKE I DID!!!"

I didnt grind out any legacy and am only level 12 but if I actually was still playing then by the time the legacy came out I would think I would be 20 at least and I believe that level 1-10 of the legacy gifts that you get would be useless.

My point is that the legacy is going to help you as you level up you legacy points so if you already leveled them up most of them will be useless. That is for the people who are playing the game. And those are the people looking forward to the legacy.

Putting in a legacy system this late in the game (3 months) will not help the people that are playing the game.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt grind out any legacy and am only level 12 but if I actually was still playing then by the time the legacy came out I would think I would be 20 at least and I believe that level 1-10 of the legacy gifts that you get would be useless.

My point is that the legacy is going to help you as you level up you legacy points so if you already leveled them up most of them will be useless. That is for the people who are playing the game. And those are the people looking forward to the legacy.

Putting in a legacy system this late in the game (3 months) will not help the people that are playing the game.

How can you even claim to have even the remotest of ideas how Legacy is going to work when BW has not told us yet? You're working 100% off assumptions and conjecture, not facts and specifics. You ASSUME how Legacy is going to work and be implemented and what its benefits are, but you truly haven't the faintest clue. None of us do. There are some vague mentions of a shared skill tree etc, but no specific mechanics to try to understand.

OP, you missed the part in the movie where BioWare said they are adding Legacy rewards in the March content update. Be patient young Padawan.

You don't understand. With content locusts, they have to be "first" so they can have things other people haven't gotten yet, especially things that give them some advantage. Waiting for March will mean that a lot more people will have done the grind by then, which will mean a lot more people will be getting the benefits of said grind. That's unacceptable to a content locust/elitist.

I recently hit level 25 legacy. This requires, largely, farming the following amount of legacy points:

244,500 x 25 = 6,112,500

Where's my reward. Implementing something which is pointless and saying "it will be implemented later" is poor form in my honest opinion. I'd rather the legacy system be disabled because when it goes live, I'm going to have a large advantage over everyone because of my legacy level.

PS: for level 25 legacy I'd like all my alts to start with the title "Servent of Clarissa" [main char name]

Achieving 25 legacy is enough. The self entitlement in this post is amazing.

I recently hit level 25 legacy. This requires, largely, farming the following amount of legacy points:

244,500 x 25 = 6,112,500

Where's my reward. Implementing something which is pointless and saying "it will be implemented later" is poor form in my honest opinion. I'd rather the legacy system be disabled because when it goes live, I'm going to have a large advantage over everyone because of my legacy level.

PS: for level 25 legacy I'd like all my alts to start with the title "Servent of Clarissa" [main char name]

All I heard was:

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

I hate being rude on these forums because I pride myself on civility but...suck it up, we're all waiting. March isn't that far away.

Edited by photometrik

They made a huge mistake putting the system in (allowing point accrual) before they implemented it.

The reason is because now they are going to have problems when the put it in.

Many people having been gaining numerous points and those who have the most points will set the standard on the cost of rewards they will be applied to.

They have to do this as if they don't, they will end up putting in a feature to which many will have maxed the points for it already, leaving no progression for the system.

The Legacy system will either be a feature that is over and done in a single day by most, or an excessive grind system with those who do not have lots of points seeing each reward being an enormous time sink.

They should have just left it out and added the system when they were ready.

The system does need to be implemented asap. Having a placeholder message isn't satisfactory imo.

I call BS on lvl 25 legacy though. You don't get any legacy points until chapter 1 of your first toon. That's about lvl 32. Legacy points iirc are 1/6 of regular XP.

I hit lvl 50 now and have capped out legacy at lvl 6.5...actually if it's true that the OP has 2x lvl 50's it does sound possible if highly unlikely.

Regardless of whether the OP is lying or not though the point remains, Legacy needs to be implemented asap imo.

I'm legacy level 35 and so is another person in the guild. Being a professor therefore having off at the same exact time the game drops = amazing.

It is all about running dailies. Especially if you run them on 2+ chars.

hey guysssssss

it has nothing to do with the fact that this person has grinded out 25 levels of legacy and everything to do with the fact that bioware put out an incomplete system

Would you rather they had not allowed you to gain legacy XP yet and made you start from scratch when it was finished?

They knew the system was coming so they are allowing players to earn levels so they are not cheated out of XP they would earn by leveling theri main and alts just because they started playing t he game at launch or close to it.

They made a huge mistake putting the system in (allowing point accrual) before they implemented it.

The reason is because now they are going to have problems when the put it in.

Many people having been gaining numerous points and those who have the most points will set the standard on the cost of rewards they will be applied to.

They have to do this as if they don't, they will end up putting in a feature to which many will have maxed the points for it already, leaving no progression for the system.

The Legacy system will either be a feature that is over and done in a single day by most, or an excessive grind system with those who do not have lots of points seeing each reward being an enormous time sink.

They should have just left it out and added the system when they were ready.

I'm glad that it is in so that I can plan ahead. I'm leveling alts because it is fun and will yield me some sort of reward later on. I don't care when it is implemented like the OP...but I would very much like to know what they are planning for this system. What kind of rewards are they going to give us? Specifics would be nice. But meh, I can wait.

244,500 x 25 = 6,112,500

Did you ever read or did someone ever tell you, you would have a reward out of it? They said it will be implemented soon. You were not farming for it, it raised while you were doing something else. Go troll elsewhere.

Once you hit lvl 50 then dailies alone on just 1 character will get you 10-11 Legacy levels a month until Legacy 20, and after that about 5 Legacy levels per month.

It's not hard to see that people are going to get pretty high on Legacy levels in the near future.

hey guysssssss

it has nothing to do with the fact that this person has grinded out 25 levels of legacy and everything to do with the fact that bioware put out an incomplete system

Can you imagine the backlash if they hadn't rolled it out until some time when most people had already maxed a toon or two? People are gonna whine no matter what, so there was no way to implement legacy and keep everyone happy.

All the legacy system means to anyone right now is a legacy name for all your toons. Anything else the add later is gravy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.