A quick update on Ability Delay

EmmanuelLusinchi

I genuinely thought that this was an issue with people not being used to the damage and situation modifiers being linked to animations.

Until last night. Its not the first time I've PvP'ed (In this MMO or another, and I'm not bad at it). I've never had the issue until last night.

I pick up the ball almost at the scoreline, I pop frenzy and the 50% speed boost/10% damage reduction buff (forget the name) no problem. I have 9 rage.

/press a button to pop undying rage

nothing happens...

nothing happens...

/check my bar to make sure i havent mis-hit or got a GCD going on, nope, check my rage again, fine.

nothing happens...

/hammer said button franticly

nothing happens, only reason I'm alive is because of some amazing healing

/undying rage FINALLY pops after a good 4-5 seconds of trying

Too late, get stunned, already used my trinket, come out of the stun and die.

It was moderately frustrating.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's not more "sticky" thread, any new info comming?

Nothing told about this in 1.1 update and the deadline also called "free month" is ending soon, would be appretiated to have more news and atleast hope that this was not burried by developers because of engine blablabla, can't fix this.

GameSpy: Have you made progress in tracking down a way to fix that annoying PvP combat lag issue?

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/bioware-mmo-project/1216434p1.html

James Ohlen: Oh, yeah. The thing is, it's not a single thing. It's a whole bunch of different things that come together to create the feeling of lag. In some ways that's good news -- it means it's not actually lag -- but in other ways it's bad news. It means we have to touch a whole bunch of different systems to improve it. It's something that we have a lot of different solutions for. A lot of those solutions are coming in Game Update 1 next week. We have some more in the weekly patch that will come out a week after that. That's another thing, our weekly patches, where we're doing bug fixes -- when I say "bug fixes," I don't just mean bugs, I also mean what we like to call "quality of life improvements." Things that are annoying players, we'll make tweaks to them or changes. For example, our auction house, the Galactic Trade Network. People have some issues with some of the features involved there. Because of that, we're making small changes to improve it, they won't be in the major game updates, but instead they'll be in the weekly bug-fix updates.

GameSpy: Thanks for your time!

Edited by xXcronicXx

This is a core bug, very time consuming and expensive to fix, cheaper for Bioware to just unsticky the subject and hope nobody notices while it fades into obscurity and players quit or get used to an unreliable UI.

Yep, LAGhammer online and Star Trek Delay agree with you. (Oh and it got handled the same way).

Core design issues just don't get patched like that. They never did before. And UN-sticking this Thread isn't a good "sign".;)

And look at the answer gamespy got. People having "issues with certain Features"...is the lack of slot search in GTN a feature? :rolleyes:

"Oh look ability delay isn't a bug, we looked into it and it's WAI. The current PVP you are experiencing is a feature".:D

Edited by -sasori

Yep, LAGhammer online and Star Trek Delay agree with you. (Oh and it got handled the same way).

Core design issues just don't get patched like that. They never did before. And UN-sticking this Thread isn't a good "sign".;)

And look at the answer gamespy got. People having "issues with certain Features"...is the lack of slot search in GTN a feature? :rolleyes:

"Oh look ability delay isn't a bug, we looked into it and it's WAI. The current PVP you are experiencing is a feature".:D

re read the gamespy post.

It's something that we have a lot of different solutions for. A lot of those solutions are coming in Game Update 1 next week. We have some more in the weekly patch that will come out a week after that

Edited by xXcronicXx

GameSpy: Have you made progress in tracking down a way to fix that annoying PvP combat lag issue?

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/bioware-mmo-project/1216434p1.html

James Ohlen: Oh, yeah. The thing is, it's not a single thing. It's a whole bunch of different things that come together to create the feeling of lag. In some ways that's good news -- it means it's not actually lag -- but in other ways it's bad news. It means we have to touch a whole bunch of different systems to improve it. It's something that we have a lot of different solutions for. A lot of those solutions are coming in Game Update 1 next week. We have some more in the weekly patch that will come out a week after that. That's another thing, our weekly patches, where we're doing bug fixes -- when I say "bug fixes," I don't just mean bugs, I also mean what we like to call "quality of life improvements." Things that are annoying players, we'll make tweaks to them or changes. For example, our auction house, the Galactic Trade Network. People have some issues with some of the features involved there. Because of that, we're making small changes to improve it, they won't be in the major game updates, but instead they'll be in the weekly bug-fix updates.

GameSpy: Thanks for your time!

I wonder why they haven't updated this thread with this information as well.

Please PLEASE make sure they fix this in a way that doesn't break everybody else. I have not had ANY issues relating to this at all. If I start getting some because of a so called fix... well... I will not be happy.

I don't know how you do it then. In PVE I can sometimes press cheap shot or pummel 4 or 5 times wasting for 5 secs, having my character perform the animation, and having a GCD consumed without any actual damage being thrown out.

In PVP I can use force camouflage with the root break speced or My CC breaker 5 or 6 times and have nothing happen.

So I would like to know how are you not experiencing this.

Edited by Andurial

I don't know how you do it then. In PVE I can sometimes press cheap shot or pummel 4 or 5 times wasting for 5 secs, having my character perform the animation, and having a GCD consumed without any actual damage being thrown out.

In PVP I can use force camouflage with the root break speced or My CC breaker 5 or 6 times and have nothing happen.

So I would like to know how are you not experiencing this.

Have you tried reinstalling the game from the retail version if you had the beta version? I know there are alot of different people having alot of different problems, nobody's problems ever seem to be the exact same. I've noticed that spamming abilities when you have enough rage/energy to do them again resets the ability so maybe hit the button one time? Just a suggestion.

Have you tried reinstalling the game from the retail version if you had the beta version? I know there are alot of different people having alot of different problems, nobody's problems ever seem to be the exact same. I've noticed that spamming abilities when you have enough rage/energy to do them again resets the ability so maybe hit the button one time? Just a suggestion.

Because we all know that in PvP you can just take a chillpill and plan everything out. Oh and.. re-installing the game doesn't work.

I tried that and hitting the button once and waiting doesn't affect anything my resources are not consumed in anyway when this error happens.

I noticed that this doesn't happen at all on my bounty hunter that I jut rolled so it appears to be a melee vs. ranged thing.

Please explain exactly how reinstalling the game will effect input delay. Go ahead, I'm really curious to hear your reasoning for this.

During the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we’ve been paying a lot of attention to the game’s responsiveness. As pointed out by some people on the Forum, a very responsive experience is one of the factors that separate the best MMOs from the others. This is something we are fully aware of and take extremely seriously.

Several of the issues brought forth by the community have already been dealt with and you should see the fixes integrated in coming patches, including those coming this month. Every lead mentioned on the forum is being investigated and I cannot stress enough how useful your feedback is – especially when coupled with the level of details found in some of the posts.

So I’d really like to thank the community for this very constructive feedback.

Thanks again and best regards,

I'm glad to see a post here from you guys about this. A post saying that you're aware and you care and you are working on it is helpful.

I experienced this for the first time yesterday... and I was like, woh .. this is a bigger deal than the missing addon support I've been crying for.

Yesterday I was in an 'ops' group for the first time and we killed a world boss. And it was the story everyone's reporting - when I tried to chaincast (set for .5 UI queueing) something would cause my inputs to not go through. I had to slow everything way down in order to get my abilities to go through.

Good luck with fixing this. It's kinda raid-breakingly bad, but I'm not exactly geared for raiding yet so it's not killing me atm. But yeah it's hellaciously ugly, especially coming from the well-tuned wow client.

Wow's responsiveness and lack-of-latency is at its best in raids, btw. They clearly use some sort of dedicated-ish, high peformance deal for raids (at least, actual raids with 10+ ppl in the actual raid instance). You can be in a quiet location with a target dummy and the performance you get is not as perfect as being in a raid. I hope your game gets around to being like that too.

During the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we’ve been paying a lot of attention to the game’s responsiveness. As pointed out by some people on the Forum, a very responsive experience is one of the factors that separate the best MMOs from the others. This is something we are fully aware of and take extremely seriously.

Several of the issues brought forth by the community have already been dealt with and you should see the fixes integrated in coming patches, including those coming this month. Every lead mentioned on the forum is being investigated and I cannot stress enough how useful your feedback is – especially when coupled with the level of details found in some of the posts.

So I’d really like to thank the community for this very constructive feedback.

Thanks again and best regards,

Lies every last last letter.

I tried that and hitting the button once and waiting doesn't affect anything my resources are not consumed in anyway when this error happens.

I noticed that this doesn't happen at all on my bounty hunter that I jut rolled so it appears to be a melee vs. ranged thing.

As a bounty hunter here have you tried using unload on a moving target that moves out of range as your about to cast? Watch it bug out and bugger your character for 3 seconds while you cant do anything.