I feel useless as a healer

Esresro

Healing in pvP takes alot of practice and very quickly fingers.

I play a level 50 Sage, pure healer and honestly I think we do very well. If the enemy team focus fire an ally down, then nothing is going to stop that, not even my 2.5k shield, plus a hot plus an AOE hot plus a channel. I've learned to predict who'll need healing before they get hit, but it's not easy.

Healing in PvP is more challenging than any other role, with tanking a close second. Healings need to be aware of everyone, allies and enemies.

I'd advise all healers to get tank and dps to move with them wherever they go.

My only issue is that on Trask Ulgo I have a reputation as a good healer, so Sith teams know to target me, and being I'm a consular, I'm very easy to spot. Make them work to get you..hang back, so they need to get through your team to hit you, and like I said, have a pure dps'er watch your back. They can still dish out the damage when you are all clear.

I pulled in 380k healing yesterday, didn't get a single medal vote, despite it being almost twice the damage of anyone on my team.

Healers get no love, and not enough badges.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk what your talking about saying that healing is underpowered or un fun! I play a BH Body Guard and I am getting 300k+ healing and 100k+ dmg every game. Healing in this game is so easy. You just need to know what your doing and not rely on gear like you can in WoW. By far the most fun i have had healing a game

I know how pvp forums work. Everyone sucks who has an issue amirite?

I'm level 48 and have been pvping for years across many MMOs. I don't suck but I feel ToR pvp is by far the worst out of any MMO so far

ToR PVP does suck, it is horrid and anyone that disagrees with this discuss with me how you think PVP at its current time is even "ok".

I can understand if this is your first MMO but if you have played anything before you know darn well that this PVP system is an insult to MMO's.

I wasn't so much talking about being protected but more about offering less to a group than a dps class would. Currently I feel a 8 man group of dps would do far better than a group with any amount of healers in

I play an Op healer at 50, and I have no problems. I farmed the other team with an Assassin at the base of their spawn point in Huttball until we both got immortal, putting up about 250K healing. And other times I've broken 200K heals in Warzones while always breaking 100K heals. And that's with very little PvP gear. If you want to be able to outheal three dps classes giving it everything they have, go back to Warcraft. The PvP here is about objectives and teamwork. You have to help them as much as they have to help you.

Edited by Paralassa
content

So much trolling on healing threads is unbelievable.

Tbh i doubt that half who claim to play healers actually do or have a clue.

200k heals as well are nothing , compare to 500k+ dps

Fact is that vs anyone with half a brain you cant cast a single heal due to the vast numbers of interupts cc.

Furthemore trauma + heal debuff means that as a healer you start with a 50% handicap for some wired reason .

Also every other class gets an interupt every freaking 8 seconds for 4 seconds , thus half the time ur interupted.

Emergency heals are non existand in this game and base heals are laghably bad , i mean the big ones do like 2200ish 2500 tops base for 2,5 seconds cast. At best this can be at 1,4ish seconds.

Meanwhile 2,5k in 2 seconds it can be done form lvl 20 dps classes , good operatives scoudrels do like 10k by that time or unslider snipers.

On top of dmg and interupts you have so many stuns as well without any immunity timer. So you can be chained stun , interupted , mezzed and litterally owed without cast a single heal within fw seconds.

Sure as 50 healer with champ gear vs low lvl noobs it seems fine , do that vs any worthy opponent.

Tbh i havent seen a single video proving that a healer is actually worth a spot.

Ofc theres so few of us and so many trolls that any serious healing post is doom to fail.

Best advice reroll

Man, back in the day people either fought to get things fixed or just walked away. So many people act like we care what they think after they quit.

You know this is a forum right ? Then why you are here if you dont care about other opinions ?

I dont have such a problem with not healing so much but its really the irony when you have less defensive moves than a dps specced class T_T, thats where it really sucks.

Edited by Nadeya

Healing in pvp is one of the few things that I think is as close to perfectly balanced in this game as possible.

Do it wrong and you can't faceroll and laugh a dps. Do it right and you are pretty much guaranteed a win.

200k heals as well are nothing , compare to 500k+ dps

Such a stupid comparison on so many levels.

Edited by Krabcakes

I've never felt so useless as a healer before since I have come to ToR. I play as an Agent healer and stopped my subscription today as I feel the pvp side of this game is totaly shut down and unfun.

The problems I'm having is DPS classes about able to do double what I heal for. My main heal has a 2 second cast with a hidden 0.5 second delay as it waits for the animation to finish giving it a "clunky" feel. My hots do very little other than offer a little group sustain. The fact that anyone can use there "quick heal" ability out of combat makes healers within warzones feel even more useless.

Just wondering if anyone else feels useless as a healer?

I play as a level 48 Operative Healer and I love my class. So are you at low level? Are you trying to play as a toe to toe healer vs DPS, because that won't work for an operative. You have to stay moving.

I would ask you not to cancel your sub, because we need more Operative healers.

I've never felt so useless as a healer before since I have come to ToR. I play as an Agent healer and stopped my subscription today as I feel the pvp side of this game is totaly shut down and unfun.

The problems I'm having is DPS classes about able to do double what I heal for. My main heal has a 2 second cast with a hidden 0.5 second delay as it waits for the animation to finish giving it a "clunky" feel. My hots do very little other than offer a little group sustain. The fact that anyone can use there "quick heal" ability out of combat makes healers within warzones feel even more useless.

Just wondering if anyone else feels useless as a healer?

It's a tragedy isn't it?

People come from a game like WoW, where a single healer can out-heal the damage of two dps while throwing out instant cast dots and solo down both dps, to a game like ToR, where healers can actually die sometimes.

It's like it's the first time you've died in an MMO, and it probably is, because you're used to being handfed everything as a healer due to some false perception of playing a "difficult" role.

Edited by Celebrus

Healing in pvp is one of the few things that I think is as close to perfectly balanced in this game as possible.

Do it wrong and you can't faceroll and laugh a dps. Do it right and you are pretty much guaranteed a win.

Such a stupid comparison on so many levels.

O rly why dont you enlight us master.

Furthemore why dont you cut the theory crafting crap and tell us how to heal vs so many interrupts , cc , heal debuffs and damage.

Better yet find any video thats 50 healers vs any lvl 50 worthy opponent cause there plenty of the other side that destroy healers within 5 seconds.

It's a tragedy isn't it?

People come from a game like WoW, where a single healer can out-heal the damage of two dps while throwing out instant cast dots and solo down both dps, to a game like ToR, where healers can actually die sometimes.

It's like it's the first time you've died in an MMO, and it probably is, because you're used to being handfed everything as a healer due to some false perception of playing a "difficult" role.

This is so unbielevable bs.

so when does healer desciption means , worthless punchback rly.

Fyi u can kill healers in wow , it just takes skill to do it but i guess you dont have any

again to any future healers , dont , healing in swtor is absolutely crap , unless you in a 50 premade with champions gears destroying some low lvl random noobs and feel pwerfull.

Even then you get 2 or 3 medals for 300k heals

Edited by ursusarctus

Better yet find any video thats 50 healers vs any lvl 50 worthy opponent cause there plenty of the other side that destroy healers within 5 seconds.

You're a healer, you're not supposed to be able to defeat, outlast, or in anyway kill ANYONE else, without assistance.

As I said, too many kiddies coming to this game from WoW thinking that healers need to be babied and that a single healer should be capable of dealing with two dps on their own.

No thank you.

I've seen it as the Op healer is more of a single target healer, almost better than the inq/sage on a single target.

The Sage/sorc are more of a group healer.

I've seen agents get 320k healing in a WZ. Having a healer will always make the fight on your side if the other doesn't have one.

You're a healer, you're not supposed to be able to defeat, outlast, or in anyway kill ANYONE else, without assistance.

As I said, too many kiddies coming to this game from WoW thinking that healers need to be babied and that a single healer should be capable of dealing with two dps on their own.

No thank you.

Your status as cluless troll is confirmed.

so in other words you suppose to be useless as healer , not able to out heal anything , out survive anything , not able to solo anything and you should always have a babysitter for some reason.

Just lol

It's a tragedy isn't it?

Wow stop lying, this was the case in WOTLK but not since Cata. At lvl85 you wont kill anything as a healer in PvP not even as a disc priest.

again to any future healers , dont , healing in swtor is absolutely crap , unless you in a 50 premade with champions gears destroying some low lvl random noobs and feel pwerfull.

Yes, I am a clueless troll, says the guy who's on the forums literally trying to turn people away from playing the game because he died in a Warzone.

Go hug your wubby or something, you're outrageous.

Yes, I am a clueless troll, says the guy who's on the forums literally trying to turn people away from playing the game because he died in a Warzone.

Go hug your wubby or something, you're outrageous.

Your the unbelievable here , on a legit post coming and clueless trolling flaming.

Your obviously never played a healer and your another gimped dps that mashes couple of buttons and expect to win due to your overpower class.

I bet your an operative or sniper as well.

Furthemore you havent provided a single argument of why healers are good in this game when numbers and abilities wise there arent .

Also like i said there countless videos atm , proving how broken good dps are @50 facing other lvl 50 , find me a similar video for healers i bet you

As expected, every jackwagon in this thread has replied with "find a tank to follow you around". I wish DPS were completely useless on their own and had to "find insert class here to follow them around."

I shouldn't need to find a tank to run around with me everywhere. That's absolutely ridiculous. Tanks do fine on their own, dps do fine on their own, healers are trash and need a tank in order to do their job. Terrible game design.

As expected, every jackwagon in this thread has replied with "find a tank to follow you around". I wish DPS were completely useless on their own and had to "find insert class here to follow them around."

I shouldn't need to find a tank to run around with me everywhere. That's absolutely ridiculous. Tanks do fine on their own, dps do fine on their own, healers are trash and need a tank in order to do their job. Terrible game design.

Guess what, if DPS hope to survive very long, we find a healer to stick by. It's mutual.

Sorry, but there aren't solo DPS out there charging packs of people and walking away from it.

Edited by Celebrus

Guess what, if DPS hope to survive very long, we find a healer to stick by. It's mutual.

Sorry, but there aren't solo DPS out there charging packs of people and walking away from it.

As a previous poster suggested, in pugs as a healer, I am a waste of space. I get targeted first every time, even if just by one person and I can't keep myself up since damage dealers do double the amount of damage my heals do.

I've played healer classes in many other games and I've never seen healing as a pug player so bad. No matter how bad the dps is that is focusing you, you will lose because their damage>your heals. It's a big dps derp fest.

And what is being suggested in here is that I should have to go out and find a tank to make buddies with and queue with when I run WZs. I should NOT have to have a full-time partner in order to do my job as a healer. I pay to play this game in my free time and I mostly pug WZs. I never see anyone who is tank specd in WZs. Not my fault that only a few people specd tank on the server, and I shouldn't be punished for it.

I rly love the healer + guard combo to sustain a single dps.

do most here fail at basic math class or something.

That automatically creates a 2 for 1 situation.

with this logic a tank + dps will still wins vs a tank + healer. Even better 2 dps > a tank + healer as well.

fyi good operatives usually an solo both of them and there videos prooving that.

You know what if its a case that bioware want everyone to dps , cause noobs loving it apparently , why they dont add up some dps talents in healing as well.

Cause atm a healer spec char cant dps for **** and since cant heal well or have survivability tools either whats the freaking point

Edited by ursusarctus

46 Sage, solo healer here. Healing feels fine to me. It's not completely OP, like in RIFT, where I was an unkillable healing God, but I nonetheless feel effective. Geared 50's end me pretty quickly, but even then I'm able to use some tools to stay alive for a bit and get a few heals off. I usually end up with at least a few MVP tips at the end of a Warzone.

That said, I'm not overly impressed with the Sage healing mechanics, but as far as being an effective healer in this (subpar) game, it seems to work. I'm sure life will be much easier when I hit 50 and get a tiny bit of gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.