huttball confessions post here

mrmaska

Alright guys, first id like to say no matter how good someone is at pvp they bound to make mastakes.. One for instance is try to dps a member of your own team in the heat of battle, or even perhaps run the huttball all the way to your goal side instead of the enemies for the point. Yesterday I ran the wrong way and even threw the ball to a co player expecting a great victory point.. I won't labor on I'm sure there's many who have done it. Post a pvp confession!!!! Edited by mrmaska

Alright guys, first id like to say no matter how good someone is at pvp they bound to make mastakes.. One for instance is try to dps a member of your own team in the heat of battle, or even perhaps run the huttball all the way to your goal side instead of the enemies for the point. Yesterday I ran the wrong way and even threw the ball to a co player expecting a great victory point.. I won't labor on I'm sure there's many who have done it. Post a pvp confession!!!!

Score was tied in hutball. Imperial 5, Republic 5. There was 15 seconds left on the clock and I had the ball. As I was running down the ramp into the goal I saw an enemy leaving their doors. I targeted on up on their spawn and Force leaped to them. Little to say, I died and we didn't get the point and lost. I got called a noob for a good week from the guild.

We were going in for a cap in a 1-0 (us behind) game. We got knocked into their part, one of our commando's was on the edge of their side of the pit, so I go to pass, and a bounty hunter jumps up there like some kind of super man air jordan splice and intercepts the pass, which turns into the 2nd cap on us.

If not for that play we would have won the game =(

I was making my way with the ball up top, saw a host of imps coming up the middle from their zone so I hit my speed boost and jumped off to the left lower ramp, timing the Fire jets perfectly to coast straight in for a point..... only problem is.... I missed my jump, hit the ledge , bounced and found myself alone and suddenly surrounded by imps. Edited by Girltank

Roflmao. Best thread ever.

I am a sniper. Enemy runs down our middle ramp. I root him. Camp next to him to push him sideways into the lower area but because of lag he was already behind me. So i push him into our Endzone. I felt so embarassed i was quiet for the whole game in our ts.

Every single time i get the ball passed to me I either instantly pass it away or throw it away.

Im a mercenary and im holding down the top portion of the map covering all of you, stop passing to me

I can say this is me also. I got told tonight to feel free to advance the ball as I was attempting to nuke down the enemies. I frantically looked for someone to pass it to, but all I had in my sights was red names....which is what I wanted prior to being passed the darn ball!!:D

We had Mid and West. Close game. I'm in Mid and I see 2 imps running west and I chase them and see a bunch more imps, so I /ops chat "West NOW!!!" and go jump the imps .... we almost lose mid because I was actually backwards and went East towards the one base the imps actually had, in the meantime, pretty much everybody on my team ran West and left mid empty, resulting in a near loss of it and the game (luckily we recovered). :eek:

One of the people I regularly run premades with confessed that in her first game of Huttball, she thought the giant blue ring that appeared on the ground was an AoE attack, so ran away from it :).

As a tank I've misread the angle for force push once or twice and instead of shoving the ball carrier 90 degrees and off the platform, have shoved them over/through the last firepit near our goal line and they've scored.

Edited by Khabarach

Awesome thread!

I ran to the wrong end zone. Somehow survived and ran ALL the way back after grabbing the speed boost, and actually scored. People were ROFL'ing. I felt so dumb and then so triumphant in the span of a minute or two.

I just did this tonight! I was turned around and it was late, but wow did me running with the ball to my own endzone throw them off...

Once I was on the mic with a friend of mine, and with a minute or two left (down 1-0), we were at the last fire trap on the opponents side. He ran past it and barely got open for a pass. He said pass it, I said wait a second, I can't see you yet.

Then as he was in view, I said "Okay here it comes!", while he said "Oh okay, coming back your way!". Needless to say, the ball got tossed as those last words were said, for an incomplete pass. We lost the game 1-0, because we couldn't complete a pass while talking on a mic. It was our worst day in Huttball history.

Went for a charge over the goal line tabbed expecting it to target the guy infront of me in the correct spot, nope targets some random on the edge of their spawn free casting and i insta die. never trust tab target in this game, ever, never ever never ever ever.

I don't play the game how its supposed to be played. I just go out and kill people, and I do it very well. Especially teamed with my Sorc buddy who's like my sniper covering me while im in melee.

Between us 2 we managed to camp the spawn of 4-6 people at a time and still come up on top. Voice communications and knock backs for the win? (Knocking their healers into the pit or the melee) :D Managed to score 6-0 by doing this before.

We had 2 people around the ball, and the rest were off countering the stragglers we threw into the pit or ran past us.